This Opening Line In The Bills Pick Description

Hard to disagree with that opinion.

There is a reason why they're picking 3rd in the draft, and more overwhelmingly, why they have been in or around the top 10 since 2006.

I think Von Miller is going to be an absolute beast at the NFL level, but to pull your team out of the gutter, you need a QB in the NFL. Also, do the Bills not trust their own scouts? They signed Shawne Merriman to a contract extension, and Arthor Moats played well in spot duty last season.

If you want to turn the franchise around, hit on a QB. Is that Gabbert? I don't know. But I do know you have a 0% shot if you don't take one.

Although the Spiller pick has not been productive to date, I thought the first round comments were idiotic. You don't just take a QB high because you have a new regime.Who is the great QB available to us in last year's draft who is better than Fitz? The guy also talks about Andy Dalton like he will be the starter from day 1. Stupid.

While he does seem to have a grasp of our positional needs, I really don't expect us to go offense 3 times in the first 5 picks.

Although the Spiller pick has not been productive to date, I thought the first round comments were idiotic. You don't just take a QB high because you have a new regime.Who is the great QB available to us in last year's draft who is better than Fitz? The guy also talks about Andy Dalton like he will be the starter from day 1. Stupid.

While he does seem to have a grasp of our positional needs, I really don't expect us to go offense 3 times in the first 5 picks.

Im not talking about specifics. Im talking about Building Philosophy. IMO, and what sounds like the author's opinion, most teams would start with QB or Linemen (D or O).

Hindsight is 20/20, and I do like Spiller, but QB or Trenches should have been the pick last year. That would've meant Tebow or Bulaga. Drafting either wouldve been a great idea with Fitz's status at the time. Tebow being a project couldve sat and learned under the QB Magician, Gailey, and ready to take over the team next year when Fitz is out of contract. Bulaga went on to be the starting OT for the Super Bowl Champs.

NOW, we are sitting at #3 overall, and we're talking about taking a one-trick-pony OLB.

Time to stop the madness and build a team that can play FOOTBALL.

I love these somewhat hateful writers, who make blanket statements, believing that they have facts on their side -- WITHOUT taking the time to dig into the "facts". Yes, Chan and Buddy decided to draft Spiller as their first ever draft choice last year, which is not the position that you normally target for building a cornerstone for your team. Had the Rams not taken Bradford, he undoubtedly would have been the choice. I suppose that this clown is one of the "experts" who criticized the Bills for NOT taking Clausen. Now, a year after Clausen was drafted by the Panthers, it looks like they are going to invest the #1 overall pick on another QB!

In a vacuum, this writer is correct. A franchise with new blood and new leadership should target their franchise QB and allow him to grow with the team. Of course, all of this assumes that the QB that we are talking about drafting at #3 is a legitimate franchise QB. If the Bills are convinced that either Newton or Gabbert has the real potential to be such a QB, then I believe they would select him there. If they have doubts, they should pass. Missing on a QB drafted #3 overall could set the franchise back for YEARS. They simply CANNOT afford to miss on another high draft pick.

I am in no way defending the results of the past decade but the first line is a bit harsh. The Bills traded for Johnson, then Bledsoe, then drafted Losman and Edwards. They have not been ignorant of the fact that the need a QB. They are highly guilty of picking the wrong guys.

I believe what may be more of the core of the issue is that they failed to consistently pay attention to their lines and they have had inept HC's and GM's. It is hard to say just yet that Gaileay and Nix are the answer but I believe they are a step forward. This draft is critical to the next five years of the franchise. I know every draft is but this one is even more so.