Would you mind if the Bills trade back twice ??

Scrappy

I can see the Bills dropping back into the 8-12 range to pick up an additional 2 & maybe a 4th but would you mind if they took another trade back to later in the first while picking up an additional 2nd??

This would basically give us pick 22-28, we can then pick early second round (QB Colin Kaepernick hopefully) with our own second rounder & have the 42-44 pick / 54-60 pick. I can't see how we can't improve our defense with this many early picks in this deep a draft & this is a good year to have 4 picks in the first 60. Please pull it apart with logic, thanks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the Bills dropping back into the 8-12 range to pick up an additional 2 & maybe a 4th but would you mind if they took another trade back to later in the first while picking up an additional 2nd??

This would basically give us pick 22-28, we can then pick early second round (QB Colin Kaepernick hopefully) with our own second rounder & have the 42-44 pick / 54-60 pick. I can't see how we can't improve our defense with this many early picks in this deep a draft & this is a good year to have 4 picks in the first 60. Please pull it apart with logic, thanks.

yeah but trading back has been coming harder to do that high, plus we rarely trade back. However this would look good:

1. Brooks Reed OLB

2. Colin Kaepernick OT

2. Kyle Rudolph TE

2. Marcus Cannon RT

Drafting Kaepernick at 34 would make me cry. That is way too high for a guy like that given how raw he is. If that's any indication of how we'd be using our additional picks then I'd prefer we just stood pat.

That may be high but that is where he going to go. Kaepernick has the most talent of any one of the draft and brains too unlike Newton. I don't care if it takes two years to develop he's worth it, besides most QBs take 3 to 4 years before they are any good, so who cares.

That may be high but that is where he going to go. Kaepernick has the most talent of any one of the draft and brains too unlike Newton. I don't care if it takes two years to develop he's worth it, besides most QBs take 3 to 4 years before they are any good, so who cares.

We don't know that he's going to be taken that high. How can you say he has the most talent of any one in the draft and pass it off as a proven fact? What makes him worth waiting 2 or 3 years to develop? The 34th pick in the draft is too valuable to use on a player who will take 2 years minimum before he ever sees the field, not knowing whether or not he'll ever amount to anything.

How can you say he has the most talent of any one in the draft and pass it off as a proven fact?

Quite easily, of the TOP QBs he has the most talent: the strongest arm, best arm, 38 wonderlick and shiftiest runner. Here are his combine scores with Blaine's and Cam's, his long jump and vertical may be less but I don't recall that being too important for QBs. Also he had the second highest wonderlick behind Gabbert's 42. I wasn't sure what Gabberts score was before I looked them up but felt he had the better mind for the game as I watched them play and is why I would take Gabbert with the 3rd overall. Cam's was 21 and Locker's was 20 which definitely showed in their games.

School, 40 yard, vertical jump, 3 cone drill, 20yd shuttle, broad jump

Kaepernick, Colin Nevada 4.53 32.5 6.85 4.18 9'7

Gabbert, Blaine Missouri 4.62 33.5 6.84 4.26 10'0

Newton, Cam Auburn 4.59 35.0 6.92 4.18 10'6

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2011/nfl-combine-results.cfm?pos=QB

http://www.holyturf.com/2011/03/wonderlic-test-scores-from-the-2011-nfl-combine/

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

yeah but trading back has been coming harder to do that high, plus we rarely trade back. However this would look good:

1. Brooks Reed OLB

2. Colin Kaepernick OT

2. Kyle Rudolph TE

2. Marcus Cannon RT

I can totally see it working out like this & liking it.

Buddy Nix has stated they would NOT trade out of the top ten....

Now I am always for trading back when your in the top 10 picks. A third of all first round picks never play out their first contracts.... so the shotgun approach is not a bad thing... (See NE) but as stated trading has all but disapeared in the top 7 spots. And I believe no higher than the 8th spot has been traded for in the past 10 years.... so don't expect us to move. A lot will depend on who the first two picks are.

Edited by UticaBill

I want to trade back twice........

with the third overall pick we can trade back with arizona cardinals, they want a qb, and they have to pull the triger with us, if they want to see a qb with the name Cam Newton or blaine gabert, if someone of this two qbs go 1st overall, then the other one maybe go to cincinatti bengals, so if they want one of these two, they have to trade with us or denver, maybe they want that qb so much, that they dont mind give us his 5 overall pick and his 2nd. round.......

And with the 5th overall pick a team that want patrick peterson or von miller trade with us maybe dallas, maybe lions, and they have to give us his 1st round and his 2nd round, could be a dream come true for me........

With the first round the buffalo bills select........

1- Robert Quinn OLB starter since day one......

2a- Kyle Rudolph TE, yeah! another starter, more weapons for fitz.........

2b- Martez Wilson ILB, more starters, and finally we can stop the run, with quinn and wilson

2c- Marcus Cannon RT or Marcus Gilbert, I need a RT starter for the next year......

3- Phil Taylor NT, well maybe he can drop all the way into the third round, he has some knee issues, i guess........

4a- Casey Mathews ILB well, if he is the half of his brother, well, he can start for us.......

4b- Chimdi Chekwa CB for nickel situations with mcgee and mckelvin for starters.....

5- Dom Decicco SS this could end the year be the ss starter, who knows, this kid has the tools.........

6- Darius Morris G or Demarcus Love G, we need depth on the ofensive line......

7a- Lee Ziemba LT a project....

7b- Roy Helu RB for the short yardage situations.....

Well, do you feel happy with this draft or not.......

Yeah, I dont have QB in my mock because I dont think we need a QB to sit behind fitz for 2 or 3 years......

the next draft if you want you can select a qb in the first or second or third round, whatever......... We need starters, now.......... no for the 2013 season.......

We don't know that he's going to be taken that high. How can you say he has the most talent of any one in the draft and pass it off as a proven fact? What makes him worth waiting 2 or 3 years to develop? The 34th pick in the draft is too valuable to use on a player who will take 2 years minimum before he ever sees the field, not knowing whether or not he'll ever amount to anything.

I like Kaepernick too and I am hearing (Sirius NFL radio) that he will definitely go in the second round, so if we want him, that should be where we take him.

Quite easily, of the TOP QBs he has the most talent: the strongest arm, best arm, 38 wonderlick and shiftiest runner. Here are his combine scores with Blaine's and Cam's, his long jump and vertical may be less but I don't recall that being too important for QBs. Also he had the second highest wonderlick behind Gabbert's 42. I wasn't sure what Gabberts score was before I looked them up but felt he had the better mind for the game as I watched them play and is why I would take Gabbert with the 3rd overall. Cam's was 21 and Locker's was 20 which definitely showed in their games.

School, 40 yard, vertical jump, 3 cone drill, 20yd shuttle, broad jump

Kaepernick, Colin Nevada 4.53 32.5 6.85 4.18 9'7

Gabbert, Blaine Missouri 4.62 33.5 6.84 4.26 10'0

Newton, Cam Auburn 4.59 35.0 6.92 4.18 10'6

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2011/nfl-combine-results.cfm?pos=QB

http://www.holyturf.com/2011/03/wonderlic-test-scores-from-the-2011-nfl-combine/

What exactly does "the best arm" even mean? Does he have a stronger arm than Mallet? He's also a career sub-60% passer. He also operated a offense geared towards his running. If one thinks Cam will take a beating with that style at the next level, CK will be roughed up much more w/ his wiry frame. Also, who cares about a QBs broad jump, cone drill or shuttle run? These mean nothing when evaluating possible success at the next level. Just my opinion.

Buddy is not smart enough to trade down. This is evidenced by not waiting 10 seconds to pick spiller.

I can't see trading down past 8-10. I think the Boardroom is enamored enough with VMill that we stay and pick him up. I'd love to be in NE shoes with 2 picks in each of the first three rounds, but that ain't happening no matter what trade down scenario is proposed. We seriously need help on D, in many positions - not just OLB. I've watched many films of VMill - the man doesn't do well against the run, and a hybrid position was created for him to take advantage of his pass rush skills (Meaning, how well will he really translate into the NFL?). Pass rush is just on area.

Last year, when the 3rd string RB from the Jets broke 100 yards against us (After the First 2 strings bent us over), I think Run stopping has to be a priority. A decent QB to sit behind Fitz is a good idea (Although the crop this year is a little scary) - what happens when Fitz goes down this year to an injury - it will happen, it always happens. We are one injury away from getting that top pick next year (Hello Mr. Luck) - so we might as well pile up on D and let the rooks get a year of playing time. I'm already consigned to a slightly better Season than last year IF we improve on D, but that will stop once Fitz gets hurt.

With what the powers that be have been saying on BB.com i doubt that you'll see this happening unless it's just an awesome deal , like Jerry Jones going nuts and trading 3 picks to get up where the Bills are at .

Buddy & Chan have both said "you don't get many chances to pick this high , if you do it means your a really bad team , so you need to get the guy you want at this pick" so i don't believe that we will be trading out unless it's a monumental move by some other team .

Although there has been some talk about Philly wanting to trade us Kolb & 2 other picks for our #3 which would be there 1st & 2nd round picks .

1. Brooks Reed OLB

2. Colin Kaepernick OT

2. Kyle Rudolph TE

2. Marcus Cannon RT

Trading out of the best chance we'll have to add Top Tier talent to this team would upset me a little.

If this is the pile of garbage we ended up with after that trade, Id be absolutely furious.

Only the Bills could turn the #3 overall pick into a handful of mid-level talent (at best).

What exactly does "the best arm" even mean? Does he have a stronger arm than Mallet? He's also a career sub-60% passer. He also operated a offense geared towards his running. If one thinks Cam will take a beating with that style at the next level, CK will be roughed up much more w/ his wiry frame. Also, who cares about a QBs broad jump, cone drill or shuttle run? These mean nothing when evaluating possible success at the next level. Just my opinion.

yes his arm is stronger than Mallets and by better I mean his arm is like Vicks. I used those stats because bang wanted to know why he is a better athlete, those things don't mean anything to me either, he has the brains, arm, and ability.

yes his arm is stronger than Mallets and by better I mean his arm is like Vicks. I used those stats because bang wanted to know why he is a better athlete, those things don't mean anything to me either, he has the brains, arm, and ability.

comparing Ponder's arm to Mallet and Vick's?? ok dude...

With what the powers that be have been saying on BB.com i doubt that you'll see this happening unless it's just an awesome deal , like Jerry Jones going nuts and trading 3 picks to get up where the Bills are at .

Buddy & Chan have both said "you don't get many chances to pick this high , if you do it means your a really bad team , so you need to get the guy you want at this pick" so i don't believe that we will be trading out unless it's a monumental move by some other team .

Although there has been some talk about Philly wanting to trade us Kolb & 2 other picks for our #3 which would be there 1st & 2nd round picks .

That Philly trade would give us 2 #2 QB's, might as well bring back Saddam to back them up as well.