Jake Locker article on ESPN.com

Tommy

Here is an article I just read about Locker on ESPN.com from ESPN the Magazine: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=6299398

It's pretty well-written, and it gives anonymous NFL scout feedback on him. It's an interesting read, and I'll be curious to see if anyone gambles on him in the first round. I didn't realize he played most of last season with a broken rib and a bruised quad. Does this article change anyone's opinion of him? Have at it!

I've seen Jake play A LOT. I have never understood what all the fuss is. Yeah, he's a leader and works hard and seems like a nice kid. But he's a college running QB, not a passing QB. That's whey UW did a lot of designed roll out plays. He can throw pretty well on the run. I'd take Colin Kaepenick over him.

And we thought Fitz was in-accurate ...

Locker looks great throwing the ball in gym shorts and a tshirt. However, when he has to stand in the pocket and read a defense, he falls apart pretty quickly.

Even that has been wildly inconsistent. He couldn't hit anything in the skills challenge at the end of the year.

I don't understand the fascination with Locker. There are 100s of College QBs. Locker was a horrible college QB with a winning percentage under .300 and huge accuracy and decision making problems.

There is not really any reason to believe he will be successful in the NFL beside the fact that he is tall.

I don't understand the fascination with Locker. There are 100s of College QBs. Locker was a horrible college QB with a winning percentage under .300 and huge accuracy and decision making problems.

There is not really any reason to believe he will be successful in the NFL beside the fact that he is tall.

You're right. He's a second-rounder :thumbsup:

Wow...can you imagine if he did decided to declare for the draft last year and some poor team in the top-5 drafted him? Particularly if the Rams decided to take him over Bradford?!?! What a disaster.

Furthermore, by staying at Washington another year, he likely cost himself about 60-70 million dollars. Poor guy.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Wow...can you imagine if he did decided to declare for the draft last year and some poor team in the top-5 drafted him? Particularly if the Rams decided to take him over Bradford?!?! What a disaster.

Furthermore, by staying at Washington another year, he likely cost himself about 60-70 million dollars. Poor guy.

Jake Locker came off of a 5-7 season with an under 55% completion percentage and a 20 wonderlic. He had as much chance as going in Top 10 as I did.

Its just complete nonsense.

Like the article said he has "Buzz" and no one watched the tape. The Top10 hype was after his Freshman year.

Edited by Why So Serious?

If you believe that, you might be the only person.

Here is an article I just read about Locker on ESPN.com from ESPN the Magazine: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=6299398

It's pretty well-written, and it gives anonymous NFL scout feedback on him. It's an interesting read, and I'll be curious to see if anyone gambles on him in the first round. I didn't realize he played most of last season with a broken rib and a bruised quad. Does this article change anyone's opinion of him? Have at it!

No.

He knew he wouldn't be drafted top 5. That's why he stayed.

Ask him--he will tell you this.

Locker looks great throwing the ball in gym shorts and a tshirt. However, when he has to stand in the pocket and read a defense, he falls apart pretty quickly.

Completely agree. Everytime I saw this kid play he looked awful. Undoubtedly he's one those guys that someone WILL take a chance on, but will ultimately fail at the NFL level. Hopefully we stay FAR FAR away from this guy.