2011 NFL Draft All Bust List

The Dareus writeup is hilarious. He claims that Dareus reminds him of the NFL sack leader, and whines that no matter how great a 3-4 DE is, you might as well invest in a long snapper anyway. I can only imagine what he'd say to a team drafting a left tackle.

This article just goes to show you that anyone can write anything on the internet. I stopped reading after the second part. Ware isn't an impact player? Leading the league in sacks isn't being an impact? Being solid in the league for 10-15 years isn't a plus? I guess by his standards we hit a home run with Maybin... I'm sorry but just NO!

PS I've changed my mind, draft the best long snapper at #3, this is obviously the best idea.... :beer:

I can see this guys point on some of the players but lets look at Dareus, at 3-4 DE

The guys right if he says he's probably not going to get big stats like double digit sacks , Richard Seymour who is the gold standard for 3-4 DEs never got more than 8, but what is the value of keeping Olinemen off you LBs, if when Dareus is playing your LBs make plays 2-3yards closer to the line of scrimmage that has a big value, if Dareus is doubled teamed an it allows our OLB to get a sack that has value, if our LBs get injured less that has value- So if Dareus gets 4 sacks,7 QB pressures, a handful of TFL and 30 tackles you might think you wasted a high pick but if while doing this he's keeping your LBs clean then he's worth every bit.

I can see this guys point on some of the players but lets look at Dareus, at 3-4 DE

The guys right if he says he's probably not going to get big stats like double digit sacks , Richard Seymour who is the gold standard for 3-4 DEs never got more than 8, but what is the value of keeping Olinemen off you LBs, if when Dareus is playing your LBs make plays 2-3yards closer to the line of scrimmage that has a big value, if Dareus is doubled teamed an it allows our OLB to get a sack that has value, if our LBs get injured less that has value- So if Dareus gets 4 sacks,7 QB pressures, a handful of TFL and 30 tackles you might think you wasted a high pick but if while doing this he's keeping your LBs clean then he's worth every bit.

Well said sir

Yup. And how much have the Patriots and Raiders invested in Seymour so far? $15M per season now.

He clearly has done his hw tho

Talking about Gabbert:

before his senior season I had read where he was a late round QB at best, and I saw NOTHING in his senior season that would catapult him all the way to the #1 spot!

Gabbert is a junior :oops:

Well, technically, he is right. He's a late round QB before his senior year(since he is a junior) and he didn't see anything in his senior year that would send him to #1 because he hasn't played it yet.

Just messin with ya.

He makes a lot of good points about Mallett. In fact, I like Mallett as one of the better if not the best QB in this draft, esp for Buffalo. Big arm, exp in a pro style offense, going to a team with a QB coach like Gailey, plus he can sit and learn from a guy like Fitz. IMO, it's a great match.

Bruce Smith is the Gold standard for 3-4 DE's. Seymore's chump change comparitively. Just because he played for the Pats people get all excited about him. And in case you didn't know, 8 sacks was a poor year at the end of Bruce's career.

He clearly has done his hw tho

Talking about Gabbert:

before his senior season I had read where he was a late round QB at best, and I saw NOTHING in his senior season that would catapult him all the way to the #1 spot!

Gabbert is a junior :oops:

This only proves why you don't put your faith in any QB this year. They are all very questionable talent wise. Wait till next year when Luck might not even be the first QB taken in the draft. Fitz is good enough for now. His stats are better than "The Franchise QB's" of either New Jersey team, and many others as well.