I hope that the Cardinals want to leapfrog the Bengals

I'd be all for this trade back if Arizona covets one of the QBs (Newton and Gabbert)and is willing to throw in their 2nd rd pick (#38) so they can secure one of these QBs and beat the Bengals to the punch. Of course that is if Denver doesn't trade out or take a QB for themselves. Dareus could just be the key for the Bills to trade back if in fact Denver takes him with #2 pick. The Bills could then still land up with Quinn and get an extra pick out of the deal. Would anyone of you like this kind of trade back and pick at the #5 spot?

Edited by Tipster19

I'd be all for this trade back if Arizona covets one of the QBs (Newton and Gabbert)and is willing to throw in their 2nd rd pick (#38) so they can secure one of these QBs and beat the Bengals to the punch. Of course that is if Denver doesn't trade out or take a QB for themselves. Dareus could just be the key for the Bills to trade back if in fact Denver takes him with #2 pick. The Bills could then still land up with Quinn and get an extra pick out of the deal. Would anyone of you like this kind of trade back and pick at the #5 spot?

Yes, we can even get Miller with that pick as well cause if they covet Newton or Gabbert, if Carolina takes Newton, and the broncos take Dareus, the Cards take Gabbert, the Bengals take Green, that still leaves us with Miller at % now instead of 2 with 3 second round picks for a possible (DL, TE, and OT) Cards leapfrog the Bengals that would be awesome.

Mark my words unless they trade down, Denver takes Peterson. Assuming Carolina is on the Newton train, this leaves us us with a lot of options at 3. And we could still trade to 5, let Arizona have Blaine, while the Bengals take Greene or Miller and we grab Dareus or Fairley. I am fine with either player, but we just need a beast and Fairley is a nasty one. Or if we were very, very lucky we would trade down again and get Jordan or Watt and have three picks in the second where we could get a NT, QB and LB.

Even the Titans at 8 or the Vikings at 12 are potential trading partners. Especially Tenn. which is really in need of a Quarterback. The Viking trade though would probably have to include a future draft pick as well as one in this draft.

This is the trade I am wishing for- the only part that sucks is Bower had a rough pro-day so that probably makes Denver's pick Dareus but although Quinn's good pro-day makes him a possibility (I think Quinn is a little higher rated as 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB)

So my dream would be 1. Gabbert 2.Quinn 3. ARI Newton 4. CIN Peterson 5. Bills Dareus

but since it's a dream I'm not done and the Bills use both 2nds and their 5th to move back into round one to pick 14 where they draft Watt.

This is the trade I am wishing for- the only part that sucks is Bower had a rough pro-day so that probably makes Denver's pick Dareus but although Quinn's good pro-day makes him a possibility (I think Quinn is a little higher rated as 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB)

So my dream would be 1. Gabbert 2.Quinn 3. ARI Newton 4. CIN Peterson 5. Bills Dareus

but since it's a dream I'm not done and the Bills use both 2nds and their 5th to move back into round one to pick 14 where they draft Watt.

I'm all for trading down and trading back into the 1st to land 2 first round picks, but I wouldn't wanna draft Dareus AND Watt. Williams, Dareus, Troupe, Watt and Carrington is overkill considering the other holes on this team. I'd prefer to draft Miller or Quinn, then grab Watt. Or if we draft Dareus 1st, take amakumura (if he's there), Tyron Smith or OLB (preferably Kerrigan, I think he's gonna be a real ball player).

I'm all for trading down and trading back into the 1st to land 2 first round picks, but I wouldn't wanna draft Dareus AND Watt. Williams, Dareus, Troupe, Watt and Carrington is overkill considering the other holes on this team. I'd prefer to draft Miller or Quinn, then grab Watt. Or if we draft Dareus 1st, take amakumura (if he's there), Tyron Smith or OLB (preferably Kerrigan, I think he's gonna be a real ball player).

Bills have 5 DL now with one coming off an injury - you want to be able to rotate you DL I'd want to come into camp with at least 8 healthy DL and start the season with 7

IMO Dareus is #1 because he can play 3-4 DE/NT and 4-3 DT probably a better run defender , Fairly is #2 because he can play 3-4 DE and 4-3 DT probably a better pass rusher, then Watt (probably the best pass rusher as 3-4 DE) and Jordan probably the best overall 3-4 DE.

If looked at from a purely 3-4 DE standpoint I think all 4 of these players are about even but position versatility puts Dareus and Fairley a notch up.

I like the Dareus, Watt combination best because because with Dareus you get the positional versatility, run defense, and the ability to tie up multiple blockers, while Watt gives you the best pass rusher/pass deflector/ pass changer at 3-4DE

My only concern with this scenario is that Arizona may figure Buffalo to be a QB suitor themselves, in which case it's Denver that makes the trade down. It'd work out perfect for the Broncos, who likely are debating between Dareus, Fairley, and Peterson, since it's highly unlikely that--under the trade presented--any of those guys would be gone by the time Denver picks at 5. At worst, they'd be choosing between Fairley and Peterson (assuming either Buffalo or Cinci picks Dareus, which I don't think will happen).

If you guys were Arizona fans, would you want to give up a high second to move from #5 to #3? No? Then don't bank on it happening.

It's not the fans' decision, it's the administration's and if they feel that either of these players are a franchise QB then it's not too steep of a price to pay.

Don't discount Jerruh' Jones and Danny Boy Snyder getting into the fray if sexy Cam Newton is there at #3. It might be a really fun 10 minutes Draft day.

PTR

If Newton is on the board at #3, the Bills will race to the podium to make the pick just like they did last year. They will not trade the pick.

If Newton is on the board at #3, the Bills will race to the podium to make the pick just like they did last year. They will not trade the pick.

They raced to the podium last year because Spiller was easily the best player available. It's not like Nix waited to call other teams until he's on the clock. For all we know, Nix was trying to trade down the entire time and nobody wanted to move up.

Edited by Bangarang