2012 NFL Draft

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the first Quarterback selected in the 2012 Draft?

• Andrew Luck.
    • Matt Barkley.
    • Landry Jones.
    • Other (Please specify).
  2. 2. Is there a Quarterback coming out this year that you would rather have on the Bills, than the above three?

• Cam Newton.
    • Blaine Gabbert.
    • Christian Ponder.
    • Andy Dalton.
    • Ryan Mallett.
    • Jake Locker
    • Ricky Stanzi
    • Colin Kaepernick
    • Other (please specify)
    • Not a chance.

Three Quarterbacks that most likely will come out next year are Andrew Luck (considered to be on a Peyton Manning like level) Matt Barkley and Landry Jones.

All three in my opinion are head and shoulders above any QB this year. If they all perform like Heisman candidates this year there is no doubt in my mind that all will go in the top 10 depending on who needs a QB. So I thought I would create a new topic for all of us to discuss and think about.

Edited by DukeyBomb

Three Quarterbacks that most likely will come out next year are Andrew Luck (considered to be on a Peyton Manning like level) Matt Barkley and Landry Jones.

All three in my opinion are head and shoulders above any QB this year. If they all perform like Heisman candidates this year there is no doubt in my mind that all will go in the top 10 depending on who needs a QB. So I thought I would create a new topic for all of us to discuss and think about.

Matt Barkley is barely 6'2" he is not likely to be a First round pick.

If Colt McCoy were 6'4" instead of 6'1" he would have been a first round pick.

You can't really clump Luck in with Jones and Barkley, Luck is in a class a part and clearly better than everyone.

That doesn't mean Jones and Barkley are better too.

Luck shouldn't be part of this discussion. It just changes the whole discussion. He will undebatable be the #1 overall pick. Even if he blows a shoulder in week1 of the College season a la Bradford.

(Don't bring up Locker because Locker came off a 5-7 season where he had 55% completion percentage, crumbled under pressure and has a 20 Wonderlic he had no shot of going #1 overall in 2010 draft let alone a second round pick)

My list in order would like this:

Cam Newton.

Ryan Mallett

Blaine Gabbert.

Laundry Jones * subject to change with a good 2011 season

Christian Ponder.

Foles * subject to change if he has a good 2011 season

Andy Dalton.

Colin Kaepernick

Ricky Stanzi

Matt Barkley

Jake Locker

If that kid from Michigan state has a good 2011 he could be a late 1st round pick.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Anything can happen with Luck. Anything can happen with any prospect. To say Luck is a guarantee first overall pick next year isn't really crazy, but it just can't be a 100% thing. Barkley looks amazing to me. I love the way the kid throws. He will be a great QB in my opinion. And for Landry Jones there have been people saying before he ever even went to college that he could be the first overall selection when he comes out. And by "people I mean, Analyst's.

If Barkley and Jones came out this year I would select them two and Luck any day over any prospect this year.

Edited by DukeyBomb

I would take Gabbert over Barkley or Jones but not Luck, but who knows what a year will bring.

However we can't depend upon sucking again to grab someone in the future. We would have to have the worst record to insure getting Luck or whoever is deemed the best and as bad as we have been we have yet to be the worst. Therefore we Need to draft Gabbert in the first or Kaerpernick or Mallett in the second.

Anything can happen with Luck. Anything can happen with any prospect. To say Luck is a guarantee first overall pick next year isn't really crazy, but it just can't be a 100% thing. Barkley looks amazing to me. I love the way the kid throws. He will be a great QB in my opinion. And for Landry Jones there have been people saying before he ever even went to college that he could be the first overall selection when he comes out. And by "people I mean, Analyst's.

If Barkley and Jones came out this year I would select them two and Luck any day over any prospect this year.

Gabbert was one of the top QBs coming out of High School he was the #14 overall recruit in the nation (Higher than Luck that year #68). Landry Jones was #188 overall when he came out of High School. (which is the same year as Gabbert & Luck) so the "analysts" that were saying he could be #1 overall were probably ma and pa Jones, or more likely no one at all.

This is typical Buffalo Bills fan nonsense sentiment. "next year's QB class is better" until it's next year and you get to see the warts and then it's "No I mean next year. . .". Some years it's true some year's it's not.

After Luck 2012 QBs are pretty weak.

EJ Manuel is a kid that could surprise everyone next year too. Higher ranked than Luck coming out of High School and is finally getting a chance to start at Florida State.

The kid looks like how a QB should look like in Spring practice. If he has a big 2011 season he is going to shoot right into the 1 round, given the weak QB class.

Trust me anything can't happen, unless Luck losses a limb or is in a comma he is the first QB taken with 100% accuracy and a 99.9% chance of going #1 overall in the 2012 draft.

It's as certain as a US Presedential election in 2012, sure Aliens can invade and irradicate the US but it's not very likely.

Edited by Why So Serious?