Bang-a-mock 2.0

1. Von Miller - OLB - 6’3 246

-I've been trying to decide who the Bills will take at #3. All signs point to QB but at the end of the day I just don't think either of them impressed enough to be the pick. Obviously, I wish Dareus would be here but I see him going to Denver. Therefore, I think Nix goes with Miller here. Although, this pick could be different in my next mock. I just can't decide and feel confident as to who Nix will target here.

2. Derek Sherrod - OT - 6’6 312

-Can play either tackle spot. Preferably would have him a LT and move Bell to RT. It can go either way though. The point is that he's a long term solution to either tackle spot.

3. Ras-I Dowling - CB - 6’1 198

-Our DBs are inconsistent and/or injured and/or free agents. Dowling could end up being a major steal in the 3rd.

4. K.J. Wright - ILB - 6’3 246

-We need help at ILB. Wright provides size in the middle.

4. Lawrence Guy - DE - 6’4 305

-We need DE help badly if we're going to transition to a 3-4. You can never have too many big bodies to plug on the line.

5. Cedric Thornton - DE - 6’3 309

-Another big body with potential.

6. Shiloh Keo - SS - 5’11 219

-Love this pick. Keo could compete with Wilson for the starting SS spot.

7. Mario Harvey - LB - 6’0 250

-Plays bigger than he is. Could be a special teams ace while providing depth at ILB.

7. Jordan Cameron - TE - 6’5 254

-Raw TE with pass catching ability. Needs work on his blocking and technique. For a 7th rounder it's not bad.

Flame away.

Edited by Bangarang

Not a Miler fanboy but I like the rest of the draft.

I don't know much about Lawrence Guy or Cedric Thomas but I do like 300+

I'm not all that confident with Miller either. I just figured with Dareus off the board and the 2 QBs not being picked that it was either Miller or Peterson.

Sorry Bang, but I will keep saying this until it sinks in......BELL IS NOT A RIGHT TACKLE AND NEVER WILL BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tackles are not interchangeable and Bell is a perfect fit for LT. He is not and never will be a road grader RT. The two sides require different skills and talents. Please everyone stop blithely saying "switch Bell to RT" as it is not an option.

There, I feel better.

That said, not crazy about burning another first pick on another lightweight LB with speed two years running.

Sorry Bang, but I will keep saying this until it sinks in......BELL IS NOT A RIGHT TACKLE AND NEVER WILL BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tackles are not interchangeable and Bell is a perfect fit for LT. He is not and never will be a road grader RT. The two sides require different skills and talents. Please everyone stop blithely saying "switch Bell to RT" as it is not an option.

Be that as it may. We could still upgrade the LT position if that player was available. Either way, Sherrod projects to play either tackle and can be our RT for 10 years.

There, I feel better.

:thumbsup:

That said, not crazy about burning another first pick on another lightweight LB with speed two years running.

Miller and Maybin are nothing alike. Miller is already 246 with the ability to add more weight to his frame and still play at a high level. I think people are making a bigger deal over Miller's size than they should.

There, I feel better.

I agree, but I didn't want to take Bang's mock down that path because Sherrod will be a good RT, imo and Bell will be a good LT imo.

Is there any particular reason folks figure that Fairley went from being a overall number one to not even wanted by us at 3?

If we are having a hard time deciding who is even worthy of the 3rd pick....then lets either

- Trade down and take someone like Robert Quinn

or

- Take a guy that actually tore it up this year and is a mean and nasty player. I hate this time of year because people tend to forget who was actually playing well in college and start looking at measurables.....

And I totally think Fairley could play the DE in the 3-4.....then slide over when we run 4 man fronts......talent is talent

Is there any particular reason folks figure that Fairley went from being a overall number one to not even wanted by us at 3?

If we are having a hard time deciding who is even worthy of the 3rd pick....then lets either

- Trade down and take someone like Robert Quinn

or

- Take a guy that actually tore it up this year and is a mean and nasty player. I hate this time of year because people tend to forget who was actually playing well in college and start looking at measurables.....

And I totally think Fairley could play the DE in the 3-4.....then slide over when we run 4 man fronts......talent is talent

Thank you. Granted, I've had the time to find out about more players, but we've come a long way since the end of the season with all this scrutinizing and talking and planning. I feel like we're about to come full circle in the next month and realize "Oh yeah, the players everyone liked at the end of the season are actually the good players" and Fairley will be back at the top of the draft.

-I've been trying to decide who the Bills will take at #3. All signs point to QB but at the end of the day I just don't think either of them impressed enough to be the pick. Obviously, I wish Dareus would be here but I see him going to Denver. Therefore, I think Nix goes with Miller here. Although, this pick could be different in my next mock. I just can't decide and feel confident as to who Nix will target here.

-Can play either tackle spot. Preferably would have him a LT and move Bell to RT. It can go either way though. The point is that he's a long term solution to either tackle spot.

-Our DBs are inconsistent and/or injured and/or free agents. Dowling could end up being a major steal in the 3rd.

-We need DE help badly if we're going to transition to a 3-4. You can never have too many big bodies to plug on the line.

-Plays bigger than he is. Could be a special teams ace while providing depth at ILB.

-Raw TE with pass catching ability. Needs work on his blocking and technique. For a 7th rounder it's not bad.

Flame away.

No flame necessary. It's a very sound set of picks! :thumbsup:

Von Miller or Dareus. As much as I prefer Dareus if Von Miller was the pick I wouldn't be too mad. As much as rush D is a need pass rush is almost equally a need. Miller and Dareus fill both needs well.

Von Miller 1st round

Second Round best RT would fill the biggest needs on the offensive side of the ball.

Best MLB or D-lineman in Round 3

In the 4th round go with a Linebacker and a D-lineman.

This team needs a lot of linebackers. But RT is also a need that I don't think should be ignored.

That is a very good draft. Regardless of what you feel about Bell, and I like him, Sherrod is a great pick, a potential fit at LT and a day 1 starter at RT. The line would be solidified with just the RG open for competition between Urbik, Hang, Howard or Rinehardt. Not bad.

Not enamored with Miller, I get he is a clean prospect and was productive in College, but I don't see him as a great fit for a 3-4. He would be great for a fast 4-3 D like the Colts or the Falcons. I know he is at 240/250 but I still don't see him beastly enough to be convinced he's the one at #3. Quinn would be the ideal fit but it would be a huge gamble.

Love the Harvey pick but I don't see Cameron Jordan lasting that long. He's too much of a great athlete to last to our 7th pick.

The more we approach the draft the more I wish we could trade down even if it were only 2 spots with Arizona if Gabbert is available at #3, rumor has it that they love the guy (assuming we don't).

Flame away.

Nice Job...I like it :)

- I like your first pick

- I don't think we go with a OT in round two (we might get one in the later rounds)

- I think in round 2 we either go TE if a good one is still there or ILB

- I think we go CB here or SS which ever has the best athelete

It also wouldn't suprise me if we trade down in the first round to the Vickings or the Niners, and get someone like Quinn with that pick, but like I said if we can't trade down we go with Miller at #3. But then again I was talking with a good friend of mine, who is a big time Broncos fan and he said all over the Broncos websites that they are talking up Miller at #2. So who really knows we can talk all day on these boards about who we want. We just need to wait until after the draft and talk about WHO we got.

Not a Miler fanboy but I like the rest of the draft.

I don't know much about Lawrence Guy or Cedric Thomas but I do like 300+

If we don't get Miller those of you who think he is not the one will regret it when he is bringing home the Defensive Rookie of the year award next year that is if there is a next year. And is a constant pro bowler for the next 6 years. I am just saying.....Its going to be a whole lotta of woulda......coulda......shoulda

Flame away.

Helps solve dfensive issues and OL. I like it.

- I like your first pick

- I don't think we go with a OT in round two (we might get one in the later rounds)

- I think in round 2 we either go TE if a good one is still there or ILB

- I think we go CB here or SS which ever has the best athelete

It also wouldn't suprise me if we trade down in the first round to the Vickings or the Niners, and get someone like Quinn with that pick, but like I said if we can't trade down we go with Miller at #3. But then again I was talking with a good friend of mine, who is a big time Broncos fan and he said all over the Broncos websites that they are talking up Miller at #2. So who really knows we can talk all day on these boards about who we want. We just need to wait until after the draft and talk about WHO we got.

If we don't get Miller those of you who think he is not the one will regret it when he is bringing home the Defensive Rookie of the year award next year that is if there is a next year. And is a constant pro bowler for the next 6 years. I am just saying.....Its going to be a whole lotta of woulda......coulda......shoulda

I can live with that risk especially if we get a 2nd unblockable force on the D-Line helping to send Arthur Moats to the probowl.

Fact, there used to be a street named after Arthur Moats, they had to change the name of the street because no one crosses the Moats and lives.