Parent picket school over accomodations

Beerball

My kids go to a school with 2 children with very serious peanut allergies. The school has a no peanut policy and we have a long list of foods we can't send to school with our children. Not a big deal. My children won't even eat peanut butter on their toast in the morning, just in case (because they are each in a classroom with one of the children). I think it's a small price to pay to make sure some 7 year old doesn't die because my kids wanted to bring a cookie to school.

My kids go to a school with 2 children with very serious peanut allergies. The school has a no peanut policy and we have a long list of foods we can't send to school with our children. Not a big deal. My children won't even eat peanut butter on their toast in the morning, just in case (because they are each in a classroom with one of the children). I think it's a small price to pay to make sure some 7 year old doesn't die because my kids wanted to bring a cookie to school.

I'm allergic to stupid. Can I get all of my coworkers evicted from the office?

Darwin?

Seriously, I don't see a problem with making some accommodation for a kid with that kind of condition (though I refuse to get my 'news' via video so I don't know exactly what they talked about). Is teaching kids to have a little empathy really that distasteful to people?

In music class they used to teach:

do re mi fa so la ti do

Nowadays it goes like this:

mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi

You have to change with the times.

I'm allergic to stupid. Can I get all of my coworkers evicted from the office?

I will add this to the list!

"Here in America you hear all the time

"I'm not working with that person beacuse theyr'e black"

"I'm not working with that person because they're white."

"I'm not working with that person because they're Chinese."

Etc, etc, etc"

~ Chef Jim, On Japanese unity.

I will add this to the list!

"Here in America you hear all the time

"I'm not working with that person beacuse theyr'e black"

"I'm not working with that person because they're white."

"I'm not working with that person because they're Chinese."

Etc, etc, etc"

~ Chef Jim, On Japanese unity.

Next time try plugging that someplace where is makes sense.

Next time try plugging that someplace where is makes sense.

Wrong:

"I am allergic to stupid. Can I get all my coworkers evicted from the office?" [Translation from passive agressive: I'm not working with that person because they are stupid! ]

~DCTom

See, fits right in. Sorry, I was wrong in the PPP thread. I guess you do hear it all the time in America. Tom just puked it out seconds after your post... Classic!!! God forbid, nobody would want an allergic reaction... :devil:

do you really wonder? look at what we have deemed as evil in our daily lives....when i was growing up...there was no 'fat free' this and 'low sodium' that....and there was no hand sanitizer..granted the fat free and low sodium contributed to early heart fatalities etc...but we weren't allergic to peanuts...we have removed things from our 'natural diet' and slather ourselves to avoid every germ, some of which might be beneficial in helping us build up immunities...of course i am no doctor...i simply work for eBay :wallbash:

HAHA now that has me laughing nice one.

I do wonder where all these allergies have come from lately..

do you really wonder? look at what we have deemed as evil in our daily lives....when i was growing up...there was no 'fat free' this and 'low sodium' that....and there was no hand sanitizer..granted the fat free and low sodium contributed to early heart fatalities etc...but we weren't allergic to peanuts...we have removed things from our 'natural diet' and slather ourselves to avoid every germ, some of which might be beneficial in helping us build up immunities...of course i am no doctor...i simply work for eBay :wallbash:

I get all that, but kids are popping out with these allergies..if they were getting sick i would agree.

We preach in my house washing our hands after the potty, before meal times, and thats about it.No hand sanitizers etc in the house. We whole heartedly believe in the 5 second rule, and eat for the most part only food that goes bad after a week or so..(although my daughter about to turn into a cheezit). So i get what the Rock is cooking..but i don't think that explains the rise in allergies of all kinds

I get all that, but kids are popping out with these allergies..if they were getting sick i would agree.

We preach in my house washing our hands after the potty, before meal times, and thats about it.No hand sanitizers etc in the house. We whole heartedly believe in the 5 second rule, and eat for the most part only food that goes bad after a week or so..(although my daughter about to turn into a cheezit). So i get what the Rock is cooking..but i don't think that explains the rise in allergies of all kinds

Amen Plez ... I grew up on a farm ... literally worked in cow or horse :censored: after school ... most days ... not saying that my curent city life gig is bad but kids need to be kids ... they will get dirty and exposed to germs ... this has been the way of life for thousands of years

i think we are pretty much saying the same thing...you indicate you aren't using hand sanitizers and are pretty much eating things that were eaten back before all the uber health conscious craze that happened about the mid-late 70's...i truly believe that everything we have done in the past 30 years to make food healthier has contributed to the rise in food allergies.....again...i have 0 proof...just my feeble minds explanation...there is fat in mayonnaise for a reason....

Wrong:

"I am allergic to stupid. Can I get all my coworkers evicted from the office?" [Translation from passive agressive: I'm not working with that person because they are stupid! ]

~DCTom

See, fits right in. Sorry, I was wrong in the PPP thread. I guess you do hear it all the time in America. Tom just puked it out seconds after your post... Classic!!! God forbid, nobody would want an allergic reaction... :devil:

I'm allergic to stupid. Can I get EII banned?

i think we are pretty much saying the same thing...you indicate you aren't using hand sanitizers and are pretty much eating things that were eaten back before all the uber health conscious craze that happened about the mid-late 70's...i truly believe that everything we have done in the past 30 years to make food healthier has contributed to the rise in food allergies.....again...i have 0 proof...just my feeble minds explanation...there is fat in mayonnaise for a reason....

There's a book called The Raw Milk Revolution that talk a lot about that. Not a scientifically researched book (for the most part), but a good read.