Chan Gailey on the Bills War Room

Coach Gailey says it's Buddy's show…

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/38863/no-fireworks-allowed-in-buffalos-draft-room

Then Tim asks him about Ralph's role:

"He is the boss," Gailey said. "He has all influence, every bit of influence. He says, 'Take this guy,' we take him. But he's smart enough not to do that. He hired people to do a job. He lets them do their job. He's letting us do our job. That's what I've seen."

I sure hope Gailey's comments on Ralph can be filed in the polite lip service category.

Gailey is an impressive coach. I am not going to lie. I don't think I will ever dislike the person him self. But if he ever fails us. I will dislike how he didn't get us there. I will never say I didn't like him... Unless that is if he starts sounding dumb.

I like that quote. It's sort of a preemptive strike against Ralph forcing a pick. If he tries to, then he'll be thought of as not "smart enough".

You people read wayyy too much into a simple statement. You must have gotten bored with the "Paul is dead" album cover clues.

Simply put, the GM, coach, and personnel people decide collectively and come to a consensus on who to draft.

Obviously, as owner and boss of everyone getting a paycheck with a Bills logo on it, Ralph can stick his nose in and trade up to the first pick in the draft and take the kicker from Buff State if he so chooses, but as of now, he lets the people he hired do their job (we hope).

Cranberry sauce

Coach Gailey says it's Buddy's show…

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/38863/no-fireworks-allowed-in-buffalos-draft-room

Then Tim asks him about Ralph's role:

"He is the boss," Gailey said. "He has all influence, every bit of influence. He says, 'Take this guy,' we take him. But he's smart enough not to do that. He hired people to do a job. He lets them do their job. He's letting us do our job. That's what I've seen."

I sure hope Gailey's comments on Ralph can be filed in the polite lip service category.

"Polite lip service?" :lol:

Ralph “Lets draft the player XXXXXX!”

Buddy “Its not our pick yet Ralph, go get some prune juice and come back in 20 mins.”

20 minutes later….

Ralph “OK Buddy who is left for us to take”

Buddy “We got our guy Ralph, just like you said too!”

Ralph “Huh? I don’t remember saying to take that guy…?

Buddy “You don’t, you were right here the whole time? We did just like you said. You are older than dirt you must not remember.”

Ralph “I need more prune juice”

- I don’t care if it happens that way on purpose or on accident, but I want Ralph out of all decision making please.

There are lot of things you can blame on Ralph -- and maybe you can indirectly blame him for some of our draft day fiascoes, since he is the guy who has employed the likes of Donahoe, Modrak, etc. But I seriously doubt that he is the one responsible for whiffs on guys like Maybin and Mike Williams.

Edited by 2003Contenders

There are lot of things you can blame on Ralph -- and maybe you can indirectly blame him for some of our draft day fiascoes, since he is the guy who has employed the likes of Donahoe, Modrak, etc. But I seriously doubt that he is the one responsible for whiffs on guys like Maybin and Mike Williams.

Mike Williams was distinctly Donahoe's call. He was telegraphing that one all over town. As for Maybin, it sure seems like Jauron's prints are on that one.