What teams will look to get their QB in the draft this year?

Virgil

This is neither a "Wait to get Luck next year" or a "Newton/Gabbert" thread. This is just a general discussion around QB's in this years draft and teams who need them as well as a, what's the option for next year.

Personally, I'm bought in to Fitz at QB next year to see if he can be the guy. He's young, didn't start the whole season, and seemed to not make as many of those game-changing interceptions at the end of the season. Again, i'm not saying he's the guy, i'm just saying he's shown the most potential for us and doesn't make QB a need for us this year. I'm also not going to pretend like I know what this year's rookies class will turn into. Whether or not any of these rookies are franchise qb's, that's for Nix to decide. I am on record saying that I think Luck will be the real deal. I do not believe that if we go QB with 3 overall though, that we should get Luck if available the following year. If the Bills pick their QB this year, then we need to ride that out.

Okay, enough about me. What teams are looking to find their QB in this year's draft. From what I hear, and feel free to argue, there are the following rookie QB's who could be seen as NFL Franchise starters.

Blaine Gabbert QB 6'4⅜" 234 Missouri 96 1 6

Cam Newton QB 6'5" 248 Auburn 94 2 13

Jake Locker QB 6'2½" 231 Washington 91 3 24

Ryan Mallett QB 6'6¾" 253 Arkansas 85 4 42

Andy Dalton QB 6'2" 215 TCU 80 5 57

Christian Ponder QB 6'2" 229 Florida State 78 6 61

Colin Kaepernick QB 6'4⅝" 233 Nevada 77 7 65

Personally, I'm a huge fan of trading back, getting two Von Miller, Phil Taylor and then try to get Kaepernick, but that's not going to happen.

I like that there are so many teams who want a QB, cause that makes both our 1st and 2nd pick that much more in demand for a trade, and we need a lot of help on D.

These are the teams that I think are looking for a QB:

Redskins

Dolphins

Cardinals

49ers

Seahawks

Vikings

Bengals

Panthers

Jaguars

Titans

Also, you have to think that McNabb and Kolb will find new homes this year.

With all of that, I think we really should hold off on any QB, let these teams get their people and either next year we don't even care cause Fitz became the man or the competition is less for QB as most of the teams got their man this year.

All for discussion. Not one specific point. Just thoughts

I'd be a fan of the trade down and Colin in the late 2nd or early 3rd round.

However, I agree with your points about Nix and Gailey and if they think one of the QBs has the ability to be the teams next franchise guy. At the end of the day, if they think ANY one of these guys, Kaepernick, Newton, Gabbert, Ponder, Locker or Mallet can be that guy, I say take him. If it's in the first with Newton or Gabbert. Or after the 2nd with anyone else I say pick up your guy. I'll put my trust in them at this point. If Dick Jauron was still our coach I'd be very worried. These guys just make me feel better about it.