Portland Pirates - Sabres Farm Team

Every year the team has a "School Day" game where children are bused in from school on a schoolday for an 11:00 a.m. gameday start. This year's game was with Worcester.

And now some parents and school administrators are worried about this because - gasp - FIGHTING takes place at hockey games!

http://www.pressherald.com/news/ice-hockey-fights-mar-field-trip-for-some_2011-03-24.html

Guest three3

agreed. let boxers/mma do the fighting. i want to see a SPORT. if i want to see guys beat the hell out of each other there are avenues for that off of the ice. and the argument that guys will use their sticks to do worse damage if fighting is banned? fine, let them, then send them straight to court and after that, jail. grow up.

Good grief. More hysterical parents that think they can sanitize the world for their children. My guess is that none of the kids with non-hyper parents were 'traumatized' by seeing a few seconds of fighting.

Exactly! It is more of a learning lesson to watch the antics going on (with in reason of course).