Japan repairs a destroyed highway in six days

This:

What is it going to take to start to get Americans to think as ONE socialized group... As is the case in Japan.

is not the same as this:

I don't think I am asking anything that is extreme... Just for everybody to do their best no matter if it is in their self-interest or not. This is where we also create the positive inertia.

[/color]

If that's what you meant, then you should choose your words more carefully.

Your second comment sounds similar to what I suggested about people being considerate of others.

Thinking as 1 society is different than thinking of others in society. Huge difference.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This can happen when 98% of the population, especially kids, actually realize they aren't special, aren't different, aren't that important, and aren't above average, and thus aren't going to be handed everything. They need to realize the only way to get ahead is through hard work, and not because they're "special."

+1 doesn't say it enough.

Exactly.

This:

is not the same as this:

If that's what you meant, then you should choose your words more carefully.

Your second comment sounds similar to what I suggested about people being considerate of others.

Thinking as 1 society is different than thinking of others in society. Huge difference.

Everybody doing their best is one socialized group. How are they not the same? That group revolves around everybody doing their best (of course for the group). Just like Japanese culture.

I disagree with your last statement.

Everybody doing their best is one socialized group. How are they not the same? That group revolves around everybody doing their best (of course for the group). Just like Japanese culture.

I disagree with your last statement.

:blink:

Every time I start to explain the difference to you, I reread the statement and am dumbfounded by either your lack of reading comprehension, and/or by your lack of critical thinking and logic capabilities.

It is a two-way street. Same here with you.

There is a huge difference between: being considerate of others and at times putting them first, and everyone working for the betterment of the society.

That group revolves around everybody doing their best (of course for the group).

Have you been watching too much Star Trek?

:blink:

Every time I start to explain the difference to you, I reread the statement and am dumbfounded by either your lack of reading comprehension, and/or by your lack of critical thinking and logic capabilities.

It's your fault that you don't comprehend Martian.

Gotta hand it to the Japanese. They are amazing the way they've handled this whole situation. The repair job on the highway in 6 days doesn't surprise me. This is the same country that do these reclamation projects and build giant airports in the middle of the sea. They move mountains. Just incredible engineering.

the Usual GG,Magox,OC,Nanker, DC Tom crap- sorry if there was confusion the fault is mine -my usurpation of your place in reply to GG was the only way I could make the diss work.

If you're comparing the company you keep, I kind of like my side.

But it is admirable to make friends on the not the full length bus.

Okay... Lets rephrase this:

What is it going to take to start to get Americans to think as ONE socialized group... As is the case in Japan.

There is no way a melting pot can think as one socialized group seeing America is a dozen or more socialized groups. We have several curltural groups in a 5 mile radius in SF alone that can't even communicate with earch other because we all speak different languages.

You do know that a massive majority of the people in Japan are.....JAPANESE. We have hyphenated our society here in the US.

And that's what drives me nuts with the "progressives" embracing diversity. Diversity is not always a great thing.

Edited by Chef Jim

There is no way a melting pot can think as one socialized group seeing America is a dozen or more socialized groups. We have several curltural groups in a 5 mile radius in SF alone that can't even communicate with earch other because we all speak different languages.

You do know that a massive majority of the people in Japan are.....JAPANESE. We have hyphenated our society here in the US.

And that's what drives me nuts with the "progressives" embracing diversity. Diversity is not always a great thing.

"Melting pot" yes, "mosaic" no. I think you are confusing the two... We have always been a melting pot... Now we are more mosaic.

Kill all the liberals. :devil:

Trust me, I know more conservatives!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois