Dental Implants

dib

I just had 2 posts implanted (think dremel tool) anybody here ever been in the same position? What I could use is some suggestions for what to eat for a few days that wont damage the sutures. To add insult to injury it's lent so I cant have a drink to "lessen the pain"

Ouch.

Apple sauce?? Strawberry milk shake??

Good luck, man.........

all good ideas. thinking maybe mashed potatoes. Would love a monster hamburger but no such luck

I just had 2 posts implanted (think dremel tool) anybody here ever been in the same position? What I could use is some suggestions for what to eat for a few days that wont damage the sutures. To add insult to injury it's lent so I cant have a drink to "lessen the pain"

Welcome to the club. Had front tooth done a couple years ago. Such a long process for me. Before they could initiate the implant stuff I had to get braces so my new super tooth didn't crush my lower teeth. Then, because my front tooth was missing for so long, my upper jaw bone regressed so they had to rebuild it with bovine bone. They needed to do this so they had a place to put the implant pin. All in all I think it was a 3 year process. Well worth it though. Anyway, IIRC I ate a lot of pasta. Soup obviously. Anything I ate was with the side of my mouth. What teeth are you replacing? My dental didn't cover me so it was all out of pocket for me. Is this the case with you as well? What is the final cost? None of my business really just curious for comparison sake. I may have to get my other front tooth done as well some day since it is a cap from way back when.

Scrambled eggs, Carnation instant breakfast, smoothies, shakes, soups, etc. should all be OK for eating.

Welcome to the club. Had front tooth done a couple years ago. Such a long process for me. Before they could initiate the implant stuff I had to get braces so my new super tooth didn't crush my lower teeth. Then, because my front tooth was missing for so long, my upper jaw bone regressed so they had to rebuild it with bovine bone. They needed to do this so they had a place to put the implant pin. All in all I think it was a 3 year process. Well worth it though. Anyway, IIRC I ate a lot of pasta. Soup obviously. Anything I ate was with the side of my mouth. What teeth are you replacing? My dental didn't cover me so it was all out of pocket for me. Is this the case with you as well? What is the final cost? None of my business really just curious for comparison sake. I may have to get my other front tooth done as well some day since it is a cap from way back when.

I had to have 2 molars replaced, both of which were previously worked on as root canals. Coincidence? we wont go there. I had cadaver bone as a graft for my jaw. My molars are on opposite sides- good luck with chewing. My dental which sucks didnt cover me either. 3600$ out of pocket. Next tiem I'll let them yank the teeth and leave the holes. So maybe 3 months from now I can chew like a big boy.

Ribeye steak

Apple

Peppered shrimp alfredo

Skittles or Starbursts

Fried chicken

Salad

I suck at this...

Applesauce, orange juice, spaghetti.

Avoid ice cream (it makes your mouth sticky and gives you bad breath - when I had braces I tried it and couldn't brush my teeth).

Edited by jboyst62

I can't really remember... Mostly just soft food for a while... My front two teeth are a bridge... I knocked the originals out when I was 11 skating... Believe it or not! The two teeth came out totally intact... Crown and root still one!! They scooped them up off the ice and rushed me to my dentist... My dentist put them back in my mouth... That was 1980... With root canals (and filled with some kind of med), the original teeth lasted to 2001 when I had to eventually have the bridge work done.

Back in 2001, it really wasn't that bad... They had the bridge made and then put it in... The dentist did get a little happy with one anchor tooth and ground it down too far... Offered me 500 bucks off and free root canal! :lol:

Totally go with the better metal like gold.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Can we give you special dispensation? :unsure:

I had to have 2 molars replaced, both of which were previously worked on as root canals. Coincidence? we wont go there. I had cadaver bone as a graft for my jaw. My molars are on opposite sides- good luck with chewing. My dental which sucks didnt cover me either. 3600$ out of pocket. Next tiem I'll let them yank the teeth and leave the holes. So maybe 3 months from now I can chew like a big boy.

I think if mine were molars I might have had mine yanked out. It really is tough that you have one on each going on. Good luck with my chewing on the sides method. The price sounds great. For me I was almost at that for one. When its all done I think you are going to be happy. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with bridges or plates.