Liz Taylor passes

Beerball

RIP, Liz.

Some famous quotes by LT.

When the sun comes up, I have morals again.

When people say, 'She's got everything', I've got one answer - I haven't had tomorrow.

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

Success is a great deodorant. It takes away all your past smells.

I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions.

It's not the having, it's the getting.

It is strange that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.

I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I'm not afraid to look behind them.

I do not believe in heaven or hell but I really think this woman is in a better place. Her last years were miserable. Then again, for everyone else the last 250 years she's been around have been miserable.

too soon?

I did get to "meet" her once many years ago. I was working at Ma Maison in Hollywood and she was in for dinner. I knew which table she was at so I went out to the dinning room. She was in the front table all the way to the left. So I started at the right and slowly scanned the crowd not wanting to go right out an stare at her. As my eyes got to her table she was looking right at me and smiling. Damn those blue, blue eyes would melt you. RIP Liz and thanks for melting my heart for a short time.

I do not believe in heaven or hell but I really think this woman is in a better place. Her last years were miserable. Then again, for everyone else the last 250 years she's been around have been miserable.

too soon?

She is in a better place. Her quality of living the last few years must have been rough.

I think she is enjoying catching up with Michael Jackson but Richard Burton and Eddie Fisher

who knows.

RIP, Liz.

Some famous quotes by LT.

When the sun comes up, I have morals again.

When people say, 'She's got everything', I've got one answer - I haven't had tomorrow.

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

Success is a great deodorant. It takes away all your past smells.

I've always admitted that I'm ruled by my passions.

It's not the having, it's the getting.

It is strange that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.

I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I'm not afraid to look behind them.

Sounds like a very tame Charlie Sheen.

Anyway... RIP...

too soon?

It seems like she has been on death's door for 40 years. Growing up in the 70s, I had no idea why they talked about the beautiful Elizabeth Taylor. She wasn't even doing any movies by then, and she definitely didn't look beautiful to me (she was still winning most beautiful, etc. at that point).

Then I saw pictures like this from the 50s

Edited by bbb

I did get to "meet" her once many years ago. I was working at Ma Maison in Hollywood and she was in for dinner. I knew which table she was at so I went out to the dinning room. She was in the front table all the way to the left. So I started at the right and slowly scanned the crowd not wanting to go right out an stare at her. As my eyes got to her table she was looking right at me and smiling. Damn those blue, blue eyes would melt you. RIP Liz and thanks for melting my heart for a short time.

Cool story ....

May she R.I.P.

It seems like she has been on death's door for 40 years. Growing up in the 70s, I had no idea why they talked about the beautiful Elizabeth Taylor. She wasn't even doing any movies by then, and she definitely didn't look beautiful to me (she was still winning most beautiful, etc. at that point).

Not many women from any era measure up to that.

RIP

I had the same experience, only in the 80s. Then I saw Suddenly Last Summer which I think is the movie that pic was lifted from, and suddenly it all made sense.

Not many women from any era measure up to that.

RIP

Maybe only Brigitte Bardot. To me, she ushered in a new look with the hair that has been the standard ever since. You see pictures of high school girls in the 40s and 50s and they look like old ladies with old lady hair

Bardot

definitely

did not

Read that she had violet eyes and two rows of eyelashes.

You youngsters are basing her looks on recent times. Take a look at her in the 50s. She was HOT.

Edited by Wacka