Gailey talks about top 2 QB prospects

Beerball

"I can tell you right now there is no question they have outstanding skill sets -- both of them," Gailey said Tuesday here at the league meetings. "Not average, not above average, outstanding -- to play early and long."

Any time you have the opportunity to get a guy to take you to the Super Bowl for 10 or 12 years, you’ve got to take a long, hard look at the thing if you believe that," Gailey said. "You’ve got to believe that in your heart of hearts and you’ve got to make that thing happen. And if you don’t, where we sit right now is we’ve got Ryan who we really believe in and trust. Our team believes in him. We think we can win a bunch of football games with Ryan Fitzpatrick. I think we can win a championship with him. It’s going to take getting some other components, but I think we can."

link

Truth?

Smokescreen?

Both?

The Bills have used first-round picks on Losman, traded a high first-round pick for Johnson and used a secondthird-round pick on Edwards. None of it worked. That's why it's time to find the next guy -- and this draft might be the way to fix it.

I hate lazy reporting :thumbdown:

Fixed

I think if you can "get a guy to take you to the Super Bowl for 10 or 12 years", you gotta do that. 10 or 12 SBs in a row would be better than the mere 4 we had in the 90s. Whereas Fitz can only get us one. What good is that?

Back in Texas we call that talking out of both sides of your pie hole.

This is the best thing he said and more telling:

I don't get anything out of that to be honest with you," he said of Pro Days. "Especially with the quarterbacks, it has become such a production. I'd much rather watch the tape, run it back, run it back, run it back. The guys that we're really interested in we're going to bring in and I'm going to sit down and have a good conversation with them."