Interesting read on former cosmonauts

Beerball

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

link

I guess I'll add Starman to my must read list.

Kind of eerie in my opinion. I'm not old enough to remember The Race To the Moon- Challenger is more of my era- but you had to think this type of thing happened. In a desperation to explore space/reach the moon that corners were going to be cut. It is chilling to think the man knew his fate and would (could) not stop it.

Beerball, I appreciate you (and others) who add these links. I sometimes feel close-minded to things in this world but it's articles like this that allow me to fill in the holes in world history. Kinda mind-expanding without the narcotics :thumbsup:

What a great era to be a young child. I loved it and soaked up all I could. I remember I had a Saturn 5 Rocket model that was the coolest thing. I still remember you could separate the command module from the rocket and open up the landing module and remove the LEM. I was terrible at making models but this once came out perfect.

What a great era to be a young child. I loved it and soaked up all I could. I remember I had a Saturn 5 Rocket model that was the coolest thing. I still remember you could separate the command module from the rocket and open up the landing module and remove the LEM. I was terrible at making models but this once came out perfect.

I had the exact same thing, except that I continued my streak of being terrible at making models........But, my friend's was very cool! Those really were a very neat model.

Sadly, it sounds like you were better at preparing a space ship that the Soviets were. (no offense to you)

Yes and the "duck and cover" drills added some excitement to the school day.

About the same time the Indian in full headdress test pattern went away.

I remember seeing an old "Happy Days" episode where at the end of it, Richie and Mr. C were talking in the living room. When the station that was on their TV went off for the night, it played the National Anthem. Both of them stood up for it. How many times do you see that now? People standing for the anthem when it's on TV?

I remember seeing an old "Happy Days" episode where at the end of it, Richie and Mr. C were talking in the living room. When the station that was on their TV went off for the night, it played the National Anthem. Both of them stood up for it. How many times do you see that now? People standing for the anthem when it's on TV?

They mostly look bored or reluctant even when it's played live at a sporting event.

Does channel 17 still go off the air at 12:00 or whenever and play the REALLY old videos of the us and canadian anthems?

I didn't even know anybody ever died in space........Is that picture for real of the open casket? In the article, it says that all that was left was a chipped heel bone.

I can't remember which Soyuz it was, but there was another accident later in the program where the capsule depressurized in orbit and killed all three cosmonauts before reentry even began. While the early Soyuz craft had many engineering issues, this rocket can be considered the "Safest" man-rated launcher on Earth. Soon to be the "only" man-rated launcher...