The French vs. the W apologists

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History Channel content varies considerably.

This particular program has experts who translate the Hebrew Torah. The shows aired. The Israel Lobby had plenty of time to complain and/or point out inaccuracies.

Battles BC the series was awesome. Great shows on Ceasar, Hannibal, Joshua, and many others besides Moses.

If you believe that the Exodus was really about some guy waving a piece of wood at the Pharaoh, you ought to consider some things...

1. this Egyptian construction site was definitely on the East side of the Nile, since the "tribes" don't cross the Nile exiting. The Pharaoh's main palace was always on the West side for security reasons.

2. If Moses' staff really had all that "power of God," there would be no reason for the levites to defend the tribes against the Amalekites. Moses could have just waved his staff and sent a stream of locust at them... but after the Exodus, there is nothing but swords and spears, no staff. What happened? The staff just worked before the construction site was liberated, but never once after??

3. Do you really think the Pharaoh's personal security would let anyone they didn't know near Pharaoh with a large blunt instrument?

The Hebrew Torahs tell a different story of Exodus from the "sanitized" American version. The Israelites were "armed to the teeth" coming out...

HHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

armed to the teeth... why? They have the guy with the staff...

It's a step up. Most people use "CSI" or "Law & Order"...

It is absolutely hilarious to think that if anything about the Battles BC Moses production was "inaccurate" that the show would not have been pelted with anti-semite cards from the likes of you.

The truth is that Battles BC Moses is an accurate translation of the Hebrew Bible, which is why the card tossers didn't toss, and there are those who don't like "dumb Americans" learning that truth...

It is absolutely hilarious to think that if anything about the Battles BC Moses production was "inaccurate" that the show would not have been pelted with anti-semite cards from the likes of you.

The truth is that Battles BC Moses is an accurate translation of the Hebrew Bible, which is why the card tossers didn't toss, and there are those who don't like "dumb Americans" learning that truth...

I prefer to get my Biblical history from more authoritative sources, like Davey and Goliath.

I prefer to get my Biblical history from more authoritative sources, like Davey and Goliath.

but clearly you are an expert, so answer this one question.

After parting the sea of reeds at low tide, Moses and the newly freed Israelites are attacked by the Amalekites (can be spelled different ways). The entire levite tribe responds militarily, but not "levite" Moses, who sits up on top of a hill and watches...

Now, is Moses a member of the levite tribe or not???

but clearly you are an expert, so answer this one question.

After parting the sea of reeds at low tide, Moses and the newly freed Israelites are attacked by the Amalekites (can be spelled different ways). The entire levite tribe responds militarily, but not "levite" Moses, who sits up on top of a hill and watches...

Now, is Moses a member of the levite tribe or not???

Yes, he is.

It's called "command", you !@#$ing nitwit.

Yes, he is.

LOL!!!

So, the relationship between the "levites" and the "Midianites" is as follows...

poor dumb lost "levite" Moses winds up in Midian is is given refuge and a good life by the Midianites.

several years later...

Moses orders the Israelite army to not just conquer the city/state of Midian, but off all the Midianites except the young pretty female virgins...

That's the guy you worship...???

Seems a bit "ungrateful" to me...

LOL!!!

So, the relationship between the "levites" and the "Midianites" is as follows...

poor dumb lost "levite" Moses winds up in Midian is is given refuge and a good life by the Midianites.

several years later...

Moses orders the Israelite army to not just conquer the city/state of Midian, but off all the Midianites except the young pretty female virgins...

That's the guy you worship...???

Seems a bit "ungrateful" to me...

I don't worship Moses. I'm a narcissist, I worship myself.

As long as we are clear about Moses, rescued by the Midianites, and repaid the Midianites by slaughtering all of the Midianites except the pretty young virgin girls...

NICE FELLA!!!

What would you do if God called you up to the top of a mountain, and gave you 10 commandments on 2 stone tablets??

Why, I'd go down the mountain, smash the two stone tablets to rubble, and violate the "though shall not murder" commandment 3500 times within 24 hours, because that's what JUDAISM TAUGHT ME...

Why, I'd go down the mountain, smash the two stone tablets to rubble, and violate the "though shall not murder" commandment 3500 times within 24 hours, because that's what JUDAISM TAUGHT ME...

You wouldn't have pointed out God's typo first?

Yes, he is.

Let's think about this for a second...

Who is in COMMAND of the levite military force, Moses or Joshua?

Moses sits on his rear a top a mountain.

Joshua is the general on the ground.

Who do you think the levites respect more???

What the Torah asks us to believe is that Moses was some ancient baton tosser leading a marching band from far away...

well, maybe he and Joshua had a Motorola wireless set so Moses could tell Joshua how to organize the force...

What BULL!!!

Joshua and the levites are the "hands" that freed the Israelites, because they were the "hands" that swung the swords that allowed for the Exodus to happen. All Midianite Moses did was sneak in the swords after noticing the Egyptian army march north of Midian, most likely by disguising himself as an Egyptian prince to sneak in the swords...

and that is why the Torah keeps saying "my hands freed you..." because the levites wrote the Torah...

and so, after the levites really do all the heavy lifting for the escape, once across the Sea of Reeds, the levites discover they are subservient now to Moses, even as they, the levites, are the only thing preventing the Amalekites from killing off the rest of the tribes immediately.

Not so fast, thought the really brilliant (and sick) mind present, Joshua's...

and, oh by the way, God talks to Moses... and Joshua...

how convenient...

Joshua: Hey, Moses, how about you and I go up top of the mountain and have a short chat about our future...

What would you do if God called you up to the top of a mountain, and gave you 10 commandments on 2 stone tablets??

Ask him for a satchel. Carrying those things back down the mountain would be murder on my back.

Ask him for a satchel. Carrying those things back down the mountain would be murder on my back.

"Hey, God. What's with this 'stone tablet' ****? We just came from Egypt. You couldn't use !@#$ing papyrus, you asshat? !@#$ this, we're joining up with the Assyrians."

LaDairis, eh??

He appears to be banned on Chiefs Planet... but, man were those TFG Wonderlic Odds right on the money this year!!!!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241893

Which "college" football team will come away from the 2011 NFL Combine with the most position low scores on the Wonderlic test, receiving the honor of being crowned "College Football's Dumbest Team?"

LSU 4-1 : only concern is that LSU has taught their players to answer all questions, so you get a lot of 12/50 scores from them, but not too many recent single digits. Crop this year covers seven positions, and it is unclear why any would be classified as "student" athletes.

WVa 5-1 : consistent idiocy and criminality from this program, see Jones, Pacman... Got strong contenders at six different positions for 2011

Gators 6-1 : a proud tradition of Dumbest Team titles in the past, the Gators have six positions and eight in total at the Combine, all who cheated just like Cam Newton did... On the plus side, the Gators do occasionally have that one game each year where the average letter grade of each player is posted on the helmet...

da U 6-1 : for several years now, the Cokes haven't made a serious run at the title after winning in 2005, in fact running away with it, taking the final four straight positions. This year's crew matches their in state rival UF with 6 positions and eight total players at the combine.

North Carolina 7-1 : the Butch Davis effect was pretty obvious when half the team, the better half, was suspended for the opener against LSU. Needless to say, with 11 positions represented, the Goats have the largest contingent in Indy, and every one is a Butch Davis certified "Communications Major...."

Ok St. 8-1 : While things have changed since Dexter Manley spent four years at Stillwater unable to read, them Cowboys are always pushing the NCAA limits and then some... and until they beat the Sooners, the more pushing they will do...

Miss St. 8-1 : When Auburn bid $400k for Cam Newton, that prevented Miss St from having three JC transfers at the Combine, settling for just Chris White and Pernell McPhee. Add in two full time "students" from Miss St. and the potential is there...

Nevada 9-1 : Two years ago, Nevada shocked the Combine, sending only two players, and winning both dumbest WR and dumbest ILB, tying LSU, which is still bitter about it, as Herman Johnson lost by one point at OG, getting 13 compared to BYU's Ray Feinga, who scored a 12, forcing a 2-2 tie and a split (Coaches Poll - LSU, AP - Nevada), and giving a clear sign that Nevada football was on the rise. This year the Wolf Pack (two words) sends four football players, and likely no students...

South Carolina 10-1 : The Chickens were looking outside in, when all of a sudden, suspended TE Weslye Saunders got allowed back in the Draft and the Combine, sending South Carolina's hopes for a Dumbest Team title soaring... However, there is no penalty for misspelling your first name...

Indiana 10-1 : While the Hoosiers have only two positions covered, IU has two of the past three lowest overall scores (Tracy Porter 4, Greg Middleton 6). Clearly, in trying to shed the "basketball school" label, IU has a plan, and that plan doesn't include its football players in classrooms very often

I am Canadian, dumbass.

GG says we haven't made fun of Canadians yet...and you open the door? :D

He said you needed to go back to the second grade so I guess that makes your reply redundant, doesn't it?

See Marauder?

sorry to hear that

I am American badass

You may be a lot of things: idiotic, unoriginal, naive, incapable of defending your position on anything...

but badass? No.

Dextor you are so cool, we should form a club and all wear BROWN SHIRTS.

Uh, OK, as long as you realize that, to be historically accurate, you two will have to have a TON of gay sex.

Estimates vary, but you may end up having to have gay sex about 70% of the time at your meetings.

Who knows? Perhaps that's what Dexter is after?

If he's being honest, and he really is what he posts, then totalitarianism, wearing a brown shirt, and getting sweaty with a bunch of other guys, is probably right up his alley.

If he's fake, and he really is a progressive trying to make conservatives look bad, then totalitarianism, wearing a brown shirt, and getting sweaty with a bunch of other guys, is probably right up his alley.

Edited by OCinBuffalo