Earthquake predicted for North America this week

Just Jack

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...manbearpig.

In reality, the californians should be ready at all time for this but maybe there is something to be said about the moon and all that. My animals definately act a lot different with a full moon and I use the signs for my garden.

...manbearpig.

In reality, the californians should be ready at all time for this but maybe there is something to be said about the moon and all that. My animals definately act a lot different with a full moon and I use the signs for my garden.

My neighbor's dog is barking like a demented shriekazoid, but then again, it barks when a cat sneezes in Spokane and I live in My Yami. Stupid, frigging dog.

:lol::lol::lol: I stopped after Cavuto's explanation that earthquakes move clockwise around the "so-called" Ring of Fire. I can only assume it got funnier afterwards...but I hurt myself laughing.

Ignore the fool in the suit and give the geologist a fair listen. Whether he's on to something or not, he's actually fairly reasonable.

Laughing off his hypothesis because of our all-encompassing understanding of plate tectonics (stifling giggles) is a bit hubristic.

My neighbor's dog is barking like a demented shriekazoid, but then again, it barks when a cat sneezes in Spokane and I live in My Yami. Stupid, frigging dog.

Past night and tonight all the dogs are going a little more crazy then normal. The nearby owl is having a hoot of a time. The coyotes are yipping and earlier in the day the cows were sounding off.

I am watching a cow tonight, she seems likely to drop her calf in the next 12-15 hours...they usually wait until pressure drops, (closer to 29 the more likely), and I have noticed in the morning they find a ditch that goes north south, in the evening east west to drop their calf on. Tonight she may be on top of the barn.

The guy on Cavuto is a FORMER USGS geologist. I've heard him on radio here. He makes vague predictions for large areas, so if nay minor quakes happen, he claims credit. There are quakes all the time. There have been 3 quakes this week within 2 miles of me. All between 1.0-2.0 didn't feel any of them.

Past night and tonight all the dogs are going a little more crazy then normal. The nearby owl is having a hoot of a time. The coyotes are yipping and earlier in the day the cows were sounding off.

I am watching a cow tonight, she seems likely to drop her calf in the next 12-15 hours...they usually wait until pressure drops, (closer to 29 the more likely), and I have noticed in the morning they find a ditch that goes north south, in the evening east west to drop their calf on. Tonight she may be on top of the barn.

Not sure where you live, but it sounds pretty cool!

The Oracle used to perform this service by gutting a lamb and reading its entrails.

Divining earthquakes through sightings of beached whales must be a new Intartubes age technology.

Then again, I wouldn't go mocking whether seismic activity interferes with whales' innate migration sense. We've just scratched the surface on marine studies. It has been shown that earth's magnetic fields are used by many species as a guide in migration.

IIRC remember NOVA showing an experiment involving a pod where scientists attached some kind of magnetic interruption devices to whales, and they went off course in a parallel shape to their normal migration pattern.

There is some data that suggests earthquakes are preceded by electromagnetic anomalies.

I really wouldn't dismiss it.

Notice how earthquakes are more common now that we have Global WarmingTM Climate ChangeTM?

And by some strange coincidence, 'THE-SKY-IS-FALLING!' earthquake reporting has grown by leaps and bounds as the 24/7 media has become more prolific. Huh... That's weird.

And by some strange coincidence, 'THE-SKY-IS-FALLING!' earthquake reporting has grown by leaps and bounds as the 24/7 media has become more prolific. Huh... That's weird.

Coincidentally, the 'experts' appear to have backed off the "more frequent and more powerful" hurricane predictions. :rolleyes:

Coincidentally, the 'experts' appear to have backed off the "more frequent and more powerful" hurricane predictions. :rolleyes:

The best part is that we've still been having very strong and powerful hurricanes. But they haven't hit the US, so they don't exist.

The Sabres did play today...Cruising along with a 2 goal lead and 2 minutes to play in reg... And blow it in fast in OT. And the only game all year they don't get called for a penalty... Doing things right and bOOM... Yeah the grandson of "Boom Boom" Geoffrion gets the Hatty... 3rd NHL rookie to do it this year IN BFLO. The Gods slap them with some instant poop!

Strange times indeed... Prepare yourself Cali! ;)

About the moon... Isn't Easter gonna be the latest in the year (Easter=first full moon after the equinox) that it ever can be...

Strange times indeed... Prepare yourself Cali! ;)

:P

:lol::lol::lol: I stopped after Cavuto's explanation that earthquakes move clockwise around the "so-called" Ring of Fire. I can only assume it got funnier afterwards...but I hurt myself laughing.

I mean it is funny too... The whole clockwise thing... But think about it... The whole ring could be shiftting.. It is possible with slip that it could act in this fashion. I know what you are saying. Is the ring no different than slipping dominoes, just on a huge scale? The starting "domino" may decide where the rest fall... No?

Over long cyclic periods strange things happen that really look out of place when take individually... Then look at the whole picture. No global warming jokes here. I have been watching the Lake Michigan's lake level elevations for the past 20 years... Take snipets here and there, and one can't make heads or tails out of the numbers... I can't explain it, but I can cognitively see trends in the numbers over those 20 years... I can break it down to many different regular events thorugh the year. Believe it or not there is a 100 year cycle. What does this have to do with anything.. I don't know. Order out of entropy?

I know this sounds laughable and strange... The whole clockwise thing...

Ignore the fool in the suit and give the geologist a fair listen. Whether he's on to something or not, he's actually fairly reasonable.

Laughing off his hypothesis because of our all-encompassing understanding of plate tectonics (stifling giggles) is a bit hubristic.

:worthy: :worthy: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

These are some big quakes here... Even effecting the rotation of the earth... I have no doubt things WILL NOT stay satic... Just where is the next piece gonna move???

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

You do realize you contradicted yourself all over the place here, right? :lol: Moron.