Wisconsin Judge temporarily blocks Walker bill

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple other things going on

"Fed up with Governor Scott Walker’s effort to take away the collective bargaining rights of public employees, firefighters in Wisconsin protested this week outside a Republican-friendly bank and withdrew so much money from accounts that bank officials had to close the branch early.

The bank, M&I Bank in Madison, is led by executives and board members who contributed heavily to Walker’s gubernatorial campaign.

Members of Firefighters Local 311 went after the bank following union President Joe Conway’s call to move their money out of M&I. One report said $192,000 was withdrawn, while another cited the figure $600,000."

There are some large campaigns to boycott Koch industries going on.

Recall campaigns against 8 Wis republican senators.

There will be attempts to Unionize all Koch industry workers in a new leaderless dues less virtual Union.

There is a new facebook campaign to boycott all walker contributors who gave over $5,000

They will try to bring ethic charges against Walker for his meeting Republican strategist Frank Luntz in the Governors office.

They are investigating other campaign finance that were alleged to be not properly disclosed.

"Fed up with Governor Scott Walker’s effort to take away the collective bargaining rights of public employees, firefighters in Wisconsin protested this week outside a Republican-friendly bank and withdrew so much money from accounts that bank officials had to close the branch early.

The bank, M&I Bank in Madison, is led by executives and board members who contributed heavily to Walker’s gubernatorial campaign.

Members of Firefighters Local 311 went after the bank following union President Joe Conway’s call to move their money out of M&I. One report said $192,000 was withdrawn, while another cited the figure $600,000."

There will be attempts to Unionize all Koch industry workers in a new leaderless dues less virtual Union.

There is a new facebook campaign to boycott all walker contributors who gave over $5,000

They will try to bring ethic charges against Walker for his meeting Republican strategist Frank Luntz in the Governors office.

They are investigating other campaign finance that were alleged to be not properly disclosed.

.. and in the meantime, "they" will continue to do their regular jobs to the best of their ability, right?

So while "we're" out there celebrating, let's not forget what we're celebrating is that a bunch of middle class moderately skilled government workers want to make above market wage at the expense of their neighbors. WHOOO!!!!

:beer:

lol. there is nothing true about that statement.

Yes, the right wing garage doesn't get it's way and the world will end, or worse, taxes will go up

I'm still waiting for you to confirm that you've taken all your extra income and sent it in to help the government cover its costs.

You've done this, right, Dave?

I mean, no person in their right freaking mind would so moronically insist that EVERYONE ELSE pay more in taxes without first giving everything they have to the government.

You wouldn't do that, would you, Dave?

Would you?

Of course not. Because you're not that kind of moron, are you Dave?

Edited by LABillzFan

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20044731-503544.html

See what happens with this. Also with the recall of Walker and the Republican state senators. Hopefully they won't make it easy for the Koch brothers.

Same old story. Can't win at the ballot box, so you take it to the courts. :rolleyes: Broken record for liberals. This is not like Obamacare, which is stricken with Constitutionality issues and was going to court the second it was committed to paper.

No. This is "I lost an election, and now I am going to get lawyers to try to get me out of the consequences". There is nothing legally wrong with a state government putting limits on the powers of its employees. The "massive conflict of interest" argument alone sinks any lawsuit. It's simple: I'd walk into the court and say "Your honor, if this was a hearing about how much you got paid, and your benefits, you'd have to recuse yourself. Why in God's name then, should other state employees get to decide what they get paid, but not you? Do you have less rights than they do? Are they "more equal" under the law than you are?" Case dismissed.

I love it when Democrats like Hedd talk about wanting "Democracy", but, only when it suits them and/or their agenda.

The recall thing is a pipe dream. First of all, it's not going to happen this year. And between now and 10 months from now, if the economy picks up even a little bit, or it can be reasonably argued that Wisconsin is better off, you can forget about it.

Like I said, time for the unions to stop denying reality, to start the damage control, and to start getting serious about making a national deal with all the states.If not, this is going to turn into whack-a-mole as more and more governors realize that they can beat the unions at their own demagoguery game.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I can't believe any of you think the douchebaggery ...lybob listed above is going to have any positive effect for unions. Just the opposite. Every douchy move they make will come back at them, if there is a recall effort, and will be used to paint them as thugs and mercs. This doesn't help the public opinion of unions at all. It hurts it greatly instead = stupidity. Not to mention that they are setting up the rules of the game, which is: there are no rules. Playing a game with no rules, against Republicans, gets you one thing: beaten soundly.

Example: Obama is suffering greatly now for the d-bag tactics Democrats chose to employ against Bush. Calls for "civility" from the left have been laughed at or ignored. If things are less civilized Democrats, you have the far-left people you let run wild to blame. And yourselves, of course, for not actually being the intellectual, rational people you keep telling everyone that you are.

Even if they can get a recall, they still have to win it, and all this douchebaggery doesn't help them do that.

But, if they want to continue to act like petulant children that's fine, I hope they have fun...

...but nobody is going to vote for "petulant children" instead of Gov. Scott Walker.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

No, people like the Koch brothers...who I don't believe are from Wisconsin either have pretty much changed the rules.

They gave a grand total of $25,000 to Gov. Walker.

What rue did they change by doing that?

If I remember correctly you and everyone else here were extremely enthusiatic about that recall. Not my fault you didn't vote for Gary Coleman.

Whether I was for it or not is not the point. My question which you didn't answer was: How did that turn out for us here in CA?

This country has always had Robber Barons.

You have a problem answering questions. Which came first? The out of control government spending or the Koch brothers?

I looked up this "boycott" thing. Turns out the union demanded M&I back them in this fight, but the bank stated they prefer to remain neutral in the situation, not taking either side. But because the bank didnt side with the union, the union goes ahead and boycotts them...and any other business that doesnt go along.

Union thuggery at its finest.

Here is the statement:

"M&I has not taken, and will not take, a position either for or against the budget repair bill. As M&I has publicly stated before:

M&I has not contributed to any candidate and did not contribute to Governor Walker or Mayor Barrett in the last gubernatorial election.

M&I has over 6,000 employees in Wisconsin, and, in the great tradition of political freedom in this country, those employees have the right to contribute to the candidate of their choice.

M&I employees contributed to both Wisconsin gubernatorial candidates in the last election.

M&I is proud of our tradition of standing with teachers, nurses, police officers, fire fighters, and other dedicated public employees to support, improve, and grow Wisconsin communities. M&I has 188 branches in cities, towns, and villages throughout Wisconsin, and M&I employees work side-by-side with these dedicated public employees in civic endeavors across the state.

Edited by RkFast

I looked up this "boycott" thing. Turns out the union demanded M&I back them in this fight, but the bank stated they prefer to remain neutral in the situation, not taking either side. But because the bank didnt side with the union, the union goes ahead and boycotts them...and any other business that doesnt go along.

The funny thing about unions in this capacity is that they are just too damn selfish and stupid to realize that taking actions -- like a boycott -- that put middle class Americans out of work does nothing to advance their message. Unions have to undertand that regardless of what THEY have convinced themselves, many people aren't stupid. When a bank has to lay off 300 middle class administative people because of the union actions, the union's rallying cry that the current government hates the middle class is proven to be the empty, whiny, progressive menstrual babbling that is one of the main reasons so few people belong to unions any more.

Union thuggery at its finest.

Here is the statement:

"M&I has not taken, and will not take, a position either for or against the budget repair bill. As M&I has publicly stated before:

M&I has not contributed to any candidate and did not contribute to Governor Walker or Mayor Barrett in the last gubernatorial election.

M&I has over 6,000 employees in Wisconsin, and, in the great tradition of political freedom in this country, those employees have the right to contribute to the candidate of their choice.

M&I employees contributed to both Wisconsin gubernatorial candidates in the last election.

M&I is proud of our tradition of standing with teachers, nurses, police officers, fire fighters, and other dedicated public employees to support, improve, and grow Wisconsin communities. M&I has 188 branches in cities, towns, and villages throughout Wisconsin, and M&I employees work side-by-side with these dedicated public employees in civic endeavors across the state.

Check out the "Buy The Union Label" thread for their threatening letter to M&I.

lol. there is nothing true about that statement.

It's absolutely correct. Fire fighters, teachers, and cops may have important jobs, and two of the three have high risk factors, but the majority of people in question here are not what would be classified as highly skilled by any objective analysis.

And they clearly demand above market wages, that's why they have a union. The whole point of the union is to monopolize the labor market to force a wage where supply and demand would never meet in a (semi)free market.

And since these are government employees, their above market wages are funded by tax revenues paid by their neighbors working in the private sector like the bank employees who are getting screwed by the greedy shitbag union thugs. You don't have to be rich to be greedy. Limp wristed little guy loving libs have a streak of greed in them too.

It's absolutely correct. Fire fighters, teachers, and cops may have important jobs, and two of the three have high risk factors, but the majority of people in question here are not what would be classified as highly skilled by any objective analysis.

And they clearly demand above market wages, that's why they have a union. The whole point of the union is to monopolize the labor market to force a wage where supply and demand would never meet in a (semi)free market.

And since these are government employees, their above market wages are funded by tax revenues paid by their neighbors working in the private sector like the bank employees who are getting screwed by the greedy shitbag union thugs. You don't have to be rich to be greedy. Limp wristed little guy loving libs have a streak of greed in them too.

There is only one thing to do, we must unionize the bank employees- thanks Rob great idea.

Can you explain to me the reason unions are necessary.

You might want to ask him what particular expertise he has on labor unions too. See if he'll come up with anything. The only thing I've seen him good at is taking shots at people and then running away to hide.