74 Miles of Pipeline

We're in the awkward position of seeing where energy production and consumption needs to head, and not having a path to get there. The Democrats are so focused on looking at the peak of Mt. Clean Energy with 99 percent of their gaze the whole time, that they hardly can acknowledge that we need to do quite a bit of climbing to get to the summit, nevermind that every path to get us there is filled with crags and fissures.

Some people have and would rather force this country to sit on its hands and wait until a strategy for the mass consumption of clean energy renewables magically appears. In reality, a hydrogen-fuel economy will probably take another 50-60 years --- more, if the Japan perfect-storm incident causes much dithering here. Along the way, there'll be biofuels, etc. But for right now, we need to drill and conserve.

Three nuns die in a car crash and find themselves at the Pearly Gates before Saint Peter.

Saint Peter tells the nuns that their service to God had been so great, that they could return to Earth as whomever they would like for 24 hours.

The first nun says "I would like to go back as Mother Theresa."

"Excellent," said Saint Peter, and Poof! down she goes as Mother Theresa.

The second nun says "I would like to go back as Gina Lollobrigida."

"Excellent," said Saint Peter, and Poof! down she goes as Gina Lollobridida.

The third nun says "I would like to go back as Sera Pippilini."

Saint Peter is confused. He check's God's Rolodex. "I'm sorry," he said to the third nun. "I don't show anyone named Sera Pippilini."

"Oh, yes," said the nun, handing Saint Peter a newspaper clipping. "Sera Pippilini was an amazing woman."

Saint Peter looked at the newspaper clipping and shook his head. "No, sister, that was the Sierra Pipeline that was laid by 1000 men in 24 hours."

We're in the awkward position of seeing where energy production and consumption needs to head, and not having a path to get there. The Democrats are so focused on looking at the peak of Mt. Clean Energy with 99 percent of their gaze the whole time, that they hardly can acknowledge that we need to do quite a bit of climbing to get to the summit, nevermind that every path to get us there is filled with crags and fissures.

Some people have and would rather force this country to sit on its hands and wait until a strategy for the mass consumption of clean energy renewables magically appears. In reality, a hydrogen-fuel economy will probably take another 50-60 years --- more, if the Japan perfect-storm incident causes much dithering here. Along the way, there'll be biofuels, etc. But for right now, we need to drill and conserve.

Check this one out.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203863204574346610120524166.html

Three nuns die in a car crash and find themselves at the Pearly Gates before Saint Peter.

Saint Peter tells the nuns that their service to God had been so great, that they could return to Earth as whomever they would like for 24 hours.

Saint Peter is confused. He check's God's Rolodex. "I'm sorry," he said to the third nun. "I don't show anyone named Sera Pippilini."

"Oh, yes," said the nun, handing Saint Peter a newspaper clipping. "Sera Pippilini was an amazing woman."

Saint Peter looked at the newspaper clipping and shook his head. "No, sister, that was the Sierra Pipeline that was laid by 1000 men in 24 hours."

Her sister Virginia Pippilini was laid by 1000 men in 4 days. See Virginia liked it slow.

Edited by Chef Jim

How'd the newspaper clipping get to heaven? I mean, did it die, and have a soul too? :unsure:

How'd the newspaper clipping get to heaven? I mean, did it die, and have a soul too? :unsure:

Well, you do know that newspapers are dying, don't you? But then again for the most part they are pretty soulless

Edited by 3rdnlng

I've seen ANWR, miserable country covered in ice 10 months of the year, swarming with mosquito's the rest. No one ever go's there without a reason. And Young is right all it would be is a short spur to a existing pipeline. All drilling/pipeline construction would be done in the winter on frozen ground with zero impact on the tundra.

For some reason the anti development crowd has made it a Holy cause even though 99.9999% have never been, nor will ever be there.