Gabbert Pro Day

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear he was able to thread a football through the eye of a (small) sewing needle, handstand on a single finger, bend a spoon locked in a safe, levitate for 11 seconds, meld flatus to moonbeams and hypnotize all present with a single glare. His stool was being strained (by more than one GM) for gold nuggets the size of Charlie Sheen's crack rocks.

Sorry, I don't have a link.

I hear he was able to thread a football through the eye of a (small) sewing needle, handstand on a single finger, bend a spoon locked in a safe, levitate for 11 seconds, meld flatus to moonbeams and hypnotize all present with a single glare. His stool was being strained (by more than one GM) for gold nuggets the size of Charlie Sheen's crack rocks.

This is all here say. I don't buy it for a minute...

Anyone know of a good link to how he does today?

Hopefully he'll show good presence and awareness in the pocket, especially when the D is showing blitz. That's important.

Why was he locked in a safe?

Hopefully he'll show good presence and awareness in the pocket, especially when the D is showing blitz. That's important.

And will be easy to access by the scouts on his scripted pro-day throwing in shorts, without a pass rush, to uncovered WR's. :wallbash:

And will be easy to access by the scouts on his scripted pro-day throwing in shorts, without a pass rush, to uncovered WR's. :wallbash:

lol, you can almost guarantee there will be a piece on ESPN later tonight talking about how Gabbert "impressed" during his pro day, and now he's the top rated QB on most teams boards...or some crap

You left out Gabbert running across a swimming pool...with 4.3 time.

PTR

lol, you can almost guarantee there will be a piece on ESPN later tonight talking about how Gabbert "impressed" during his pro day, and now he's the top rated QB on most teams boards...or some crap

Take it to the bank.

Buddy Nix was in attendance at the Missouri proday. Had to have liked what he saw based on the initial reports.

Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert was very accurate at his highly anticipated pro day Thursday as he completed 44 of 49 passes according to reports.

The Columbia Daily Tribune reported that three of the five incompletions were catchable balls. The figures are impressive when one considers that he didn’t have his Missouri receivers available.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/03/17/accurate-day-for-gabbert/

Also

Shea: Gabbert was flawless on under-center snaps and excelled at moving outside the pocket

about 1 hour ago via ÜberSocial

Many people view Gabbert as just a spread offense QB, but what many people don't know is that Gabbert played in a very good pro-style offense in high school. In fact, he was widely considered the best pro-style QB entering college. The guy has experience taking snaps under center, and will likely (IMO) adjust faster to the NFL game than will Newton. Plus, did you see his Wonderlic score of 42? That's pretty darn good for a Big-12 guy.

Many people view Gabbert as just a spread offense QB, but what many people don't know is that Gabbert played in a very good pro-style offense in high school. In fact, he was widely considered the best pro-style QB entering college. The guy has experience taking snaps under center, and will likely (IMO) adjust faster to the NFL game than will Newton. Plus, did you see his Wonderlic score of 42? That's pretty darn good for a Big-12 guy.

Not sure I put much stock in the high school pro offense but very interesting news indeed. I agree that Gabbert would probably adjust much more quickly but Newton is just a winner and has rare rare qualities for a QB. I hate that every couple years there is always the athletic vs the technician QB dual for first QB chosen. The wonderlick really impresses me about Gabbert. Guys got a brain. If he has the balls and the body to go with it I am not so sure about Newton over Gabbert anymore.

Newton has the physical skills to be sick but will he be a Vince Young or a Steve Young.

If nix and gailey think he has what it takes, I really hope we draft him if he's on the board when we pick. I think what gailey did with Fitz and our offense this year was amazing.

The offense was amazing? Compared to what, the prior season? Not really.

I'm glad he did well on his pro day and he's a good prospect, but watching Gabbert in actual games he didn't stand out. There was nothing special about

him. He was good, but an impact player? Not really.

You're just not reading here enough.

You should know by now that we will only get to the SuperBowl if and only if we draft a franchise QB in the first round. It's a statistical fact... well, sorta.

The offense was amazing? Compared to what, the prior season? Not really.

Compared to....you need to go back to elementary school to improve your reading comprehension skills, yours is of a 1st grader, if that. I'll spell it out for you ok? I said, I thought what he did with Fitz and the offense last year was amazing.... Where did I say that our offense was amazing? I don't expect a reply, you know your wrong. Go troll someone else please.

True, Gabbert was in a pro-style offense in high school...When coming out he was heavily recruited from Harbaugh in his first years at Stanford, because Harbaugh viewed him as the best pro-style Quaterback entering college...Gabbert chose Mizzou...With rumors out of San Fran, Harbaugh still views Gabbert as a high QB prospect.

With Ryan Fitzpatrick behind the helm for 2011, Gabbert if selected by the Bills, will learn the pro-system under Gailey. Gailey does a mix of pro-style and college spread, which could make it easy for Gabbert-- However, I see the Bills going after Kaepernick!

Edited by KollegeStudnet