Da'Quan Bowers to visit Bills

Beerball

A tear of the medial meniscus is a shot across the bow for ACL and MCL damage. They call it the "unhappy" triad for a reason.

If you draft Bowers, you are drafting a player that if lucky will give you a season without a torn ACL or MCL. You are also drafting a player that may be rushing the recovery of the meniscus tear and that gives you a gimpy football player as he gets older.

At #3, you, at minimum,do not take a guy with those medical concerns. You err on the side of caution.

It's like the deal with Marcus McNeil and spinal stenosis....it's a total crap shoot when it comes to certain sport injuries to parts of the body.

I know I would be interested! Da'Quan Bowers has less risk than Fairley does...yeah, he had some sort of injury that he probably has fully recovered from...but Fairley scares me...well yeah, If he were across the line from me he'd scare me a bit too..Fairley is talented but only has one year of production to show for it. He was actually underweight at the combine...only in the 260's when his playing weight is 20+ pounds more. He didn't tear it up at the combine neither as Dareus actually performed better.

To me I'd take Bowers as he has sustained superior performance! If you go back to all the mock draft guides from last years's draft...and all the conversations we were all having...Bowers was mentioned as a candidate for this years potential #1 pick in the draft...A year ago Fairley's and Dareus's name never were even in the first round let alone mentioned as a potential first pick in the draft.. Bowers has done nothing to change that potential as he's still given consideration for that honor.

Unfortunately for Dareus, but his life has had many difficulties that inspired him to make a sudden change and perform much better...sometimes those things are a thing of the moment and cannot be sustained. He really only has one year of top-flight performance as does Fairley to show for their efforts. Fairley also takes plays off and tends to perform down to the level of the competition instead of being a man among boys when giving the opportunity to shine.

Of the 3 players..Fairley has the biggest boom/bust potential and can become the best of the 3 players, but also has potential to be the next Albert Haynesworth! For my money, even though DT seems to be a safer pick in some respects than a DE, Of the 3 players my selection leans in favor of Da'Quan Bowers with Marcell Dareus trailing only slightly. I wouldn't take Fairley with your pick if you were next up to bat! I think Fairley could actually slide down to the #7-10 range as Peterson, AJ, and possibly V. Miller may all be too good to pass up on!

:wallbash:

Dude, Fairley did tear up the combine and then topped that with his pro day. He weighed in at 291 at the combine and 298 at his pro day. At least try and do some research instead of just throwing out some random BS. :rolleyes: