No English, no service

HEY THATS MY PAPER! HEY THATS MY PAPER! HEY THATS MY PAPER! HEY THATS MY PAPER! HEY THATS MY PAPER! HEY THATS MY PAPER!

I came in here thinking "well, that sounds like Denton." ...but it was Reedy Creek! I am soooo going there tomorrow! Fk yeah!

Ok, to add even more about what I know about the place. Reedy Creek about 12 minutes away on the other side of the county near my vet's place. There is a great irony in this, though is that local eating places are almost all owned by Hispanics or Greeks. That is, other then the BBQ places, such as Lexington Style BBQ, Honeymucks/Lexington BBBQ, Smokey Joes, and Southern Lunch. This place is like any other country diner around here, it serves a 5 to 8 mile radius. That this made national news...well, lame.

In the last 10-15 years our hispanic population has soared through the roof. Davidson County is about 40 minutes South of Greensboro and 25 minutes South of Winston-Salem. Charlotte is an 40 minutes South. We were famous a while back for having been sued several times for our county building having a sign "In God We Trust." So, you know we're backwards. I commented on it a while back but in Denton there were signs entering the town in peoples yards saying "N*%@*^ don't let the sun set on you in this town."

The county was major in the furniture business until the mid-90's when "NAFTA took er jobs." Prior to furniture dying out the industry lobbied hard to the County Commissioners to keep other industries out and we missed out on some good opportunities. Currently, some of our largest employers are DieBold, PPG, Owens-Illinois, WalMart and Food Lion (there are 7 here for some reason).

Two years ago and every dozen years or so a black movement comes along that wants to rename one of our largest and busiest streets after MLK Jr. Well, two things are wrong with that. Lexington already has a road called MLK Jr. after him. And the road itself is a General whom signed the Declaration of Independence that is from the area (or something along that lines) that had something major to do with the forming of this country.

The racial makeup of the county was 87.05% White, 9.14% Black or African American, 0.37% Native American, 0.82% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 1.66% from other races, and 0.94% from two or more races. 3.24% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

A Dispatch study a while back in cooperation with other sources believed that as much as 2 in 5 hispanics here are illegal. The estimate also included that 1 in 3 was transient and not eligible to be tallied.

Edited by jboyst62

Signs down

Thanks? I honesty still get called a "damn yankee." Any time I go to the welding shop, especially.

I'm a bit gun-shy about using the term too loosely around these here parts. I've been scolded a couple of times by some of our more sensitive southern posters.

It's all relative I suppose.

Edited by Gene Frenkle

I'm a bit gun-shy about using the term too loosely around these here parts. I've been scolded a couple of times by some of our more sensitive southern posters.

It's all relative I suppose.

Ahhh...I see what you did there.

Rednecks like incest.