PlayStations are deadly

A few years ago a teenage girl was riding her bike in my town... All the traffic was stopped for a fast freight train rolling through town... Guards down, signals going, lights flashing... The girl rode right into the train.. Had an iPod on. The sad thing is... There was a cop at the crossing waiting... People honking their horns, yelling, the cop got out and tried to run and tackle her... NOT FAST ENOUGH.:cry:

A few years ago a teenage girl was riding her bike in my town... All the traffic was stopped for a fast freight train rolling through town... Guards down, signals going, lights flashing... The girl rode right into the train.. Had an iPod on. The sad thing is... There was a cop at the crossing waiting... People honking their horns, yelling, the cop got out and tried to run and tackle her... NOT FAST ENOUGH.:cry:

these are really sad stories.

specially your teenage story.

Robertson’s mother, Rochelle Robertson, also of 2024 Park, said she was “angry” that the drivers who struck her son didn’t see him.

“The accident doesn’t add up. He’s walked to work and rode his bike many times. There is no way he would have been in the road. I’m angry. I’m so angry. How could they not see him?” she said.

Always got to be someones fault. No doubt the driver swerved to hit him.

these are really sad stories.

specially your teenage story.

Yeah, totally !@#$ed up! At first, they thought it was on purpose... How do you not hear? I guess being a teen... We all had a moment of lapse that afterwards you said: "Wheeew, that was close!" But this story, absolutely no room for error! Some people get 9 lives, some just 1 very short one!

Something similar to this happened here except the girl was walking, with an ipod on, while crossing tracks. Lights, signals were going but she just didn't look both ways, like the signs say.

Well, did he at least set the high score?

Something similar to this happened here except the girl was walking, with an ipod on, while crossing tracks. Lights, signals were going but she just didn't look both ways, like the signs say.

Never wear an MP3 player or radio while running. I almost got hit by a drunk driver a long time ago...the guy drove another 3 miles and plowed in to a dirt embankment then a tree. I ran there and got there before the polie.

5 girls were killed in a car accident in my home town a few days after they graduated high school....the likely cause? texting

Very sad and it makes me think twice about touching my phone when im driving

i dont do text and drive anymore. i swear i dont remember how i would get home sometimes..... who knows how many old ladies i ran over.

Was she blind?

Because otherwise, I don't get this. Okay, you didn't hear the train. How do you not see stopped traffic, red flashing lights, gates...and, oh by the way, A !@#$ING TRAIN?????

Was she blind?

Because otherwise, I don't get this. Okay, you didn't hear the train. How do you not see stopped traffic, red flashing lights, gates...and, oh by the way, A !@#$ING TRAIN?????

Yeah, I'm a little confused as to how people have concluded that the 'look before crossing a street or train tracks' rule somehow is not applicable if one is wearing earphones.

Likewise the "he walked to work all the time without paying attention so I don't understand why he wasn't safe doing it this time" logic.

I mean, they're sad stories but WTF is wrong with people?!?

Was she blind?

That is the amazing part and why they thought suicide first! She was on the side walk away from traffic... There was no crossing gate at the side walk... Which of course they made a big stink about that... Just not paying attention, head down in the music and bam! I suppose she was riding just keeping her eyes on the front of her wheel.

It is so strange... But somehow, they concluded she was NOT suicidal.

I agree with you KD... People don't even look! What is wrong with people?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois