Government Jobs

Cut taxes even more???

I'll never understand you guys who think it's important for everyone to pay MORE taxes. Who the hell is stupid enough to want people to pay MORE taxes.

It's like that moronic pink and blue chart someone posted the other day showing how low the tax burden is on some people. Like the word "burden" implies a good thing. "You know what's wrong with this picture? People simply don't have enough BURDEN! We all need MORE BURDEN!"

It just never makes sense to me. But hey...feel free to give all your extra cash to the government. I believe you can even check a little box on your returns to do just that. Not sure what's stopping you.

I'll never understand you guys who think it's important for everyone to pay MORE taxes. Who the hell is stupid enough to want people to pay MORE taxes.

It's like that moronic pink and blue chart someone posted the other day showing how low the tax burden is on some people. Like the word "burden" implies a good thing. "You know what's wrong with this picture? People simply don't have enough BURDEN! We all need MORE BURDEN!"

It just never makes sense to me. But hey...feel free to give all your extra cash to the government. I believe you can even check a little box on your returns to do just that. Not sure what's stopping you.

Time to eliminate the income tax?

Time to eliminate the income tax?

You can't bait me, you dolt. The simple fact is that you want people to pay more in taxes for some reason. I have no idea why. But if you really feel so strongly about it, pony up your extra income to help out, or shut the piehole. You can't sit there on your money, stare at people who make more than you and try to convince the world that "those people" are the ones who should pay more, and not you.

Check the box. Send the extra money in your purse. And then we'll talk. Otherwise, you're nothing more than a whiny little B word who causes more problems than you'll ever solve in this lifetime.

Wow. You just made one hell of a case against the government and why our taxes are so high.

I really can't agree more with you.. Except when they do cut taxes, it won't be coming out of that contractor's pocket ( and also in this case, the agency's bloated and obscene engineering budget)... It will be somewhere else that doesn't need cutting.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I really can't agree more with you.. Except when they do cut taxes, it won't be coming out of that contractor's pocket ( and also in this case, the agency's bloated and obscene engineering budget)... It will be somewhere else that doesn't need cutting.

WTF? That doesn't make any sense at all.

How can you write this stuff and continue to be pro-government? It can't be only because they take care of you financially. Or is it?

Taxes != solutions.

Taxes != less problems.

Therefore,

more taxes != more solutions

less taxes != less solutions

more taxes != less problems

less taxes != more problems

more taxes != more problems

less taxes != less problems

Taxes have no bearing on the solutions to problems. Taxes may create their own problems, but they don't have any bearing on other problems. Example: Newark NJ spends 20k on each kid in school and has the worst performance, both teachers and kids, in the country.

Taking money away from people because they have it does not:

make the parents who suck at the job be better parents

make the kids who have no examples at home, and no community to speak of, see value in either

make the entire system hold kids to account, and enforce discipline when examples, and leadership, doesn't succeed in reaching them

make the teachers who may have been good once, but are now just collecting a check, any more inspired to get back to doing their jobs(example: giving the old battle axe English, or whatever, teacher a raise is not going to make her suddenly be able to engross her students in Shakespeare. Dog food has more inspirational possibilities)

make the principals have any power to fire the truly bad teacher, especially if they have tenure

More tax money has 0 effect on any of the above problems, and these problems are the top root causes of the education problems in this country. So far every attempt at solving the problems above by throwing money at them has failed miserably.

So, why is anyone talking about taxes, instead of talking about solutions to the problems above?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Taxes != solutions.

Taxes != less problems.

Therefore,

more taxes != more solutions

less taxes != less solutions

more taxes != less problems

less taxes != more problems

more taxes != more problems

less taxes != less problems

Taxes have no bearing on the solutions to problems. Taxes may create their own problems, but they don't have any bearing on other problems. Example: Newark NJ spends 20k on each kid in school and has the worst performance, both teachers and kids, in the country.

Taking money away from people because they have it does not:

make the parents who suck at the job be better parents

make the kids who have no examples at home, and no community to speak of, see value in either

make the entire system hold kids to account, and enforce discipline when examples, and leadership, doesn't succeed in reaching them

make the teachers who may have been good once, but are now just collecting a check, any more inspired to get back to doing their jobs(example: giving the old battle axe English, or whatever, teacher a raise is not going to make her suddenly be able to engross her students in Shakespeare. Dog food has more inspirational possibilities)

make the principals have any power to fire the truly bad teacher, especially if they have tenure

More tax money has 0 effect on any of the above problems, and these problems are the top root causes of the education problems in this country. So far every attempt at solving the problems above by throwing money at them has failed miserably.

So, why is anyone talking about taxes, instead of talking about solutions to the problems above?

OC != Obsessively Crotchety :lol:

OC != Obsessively Crotchety :lol:

So I am not equal to Obsessively Crotchety? Because that's what you wrote above, moron.

Not only are you unable to argue against anything I post, both because I am right, and you are a moron, but, you can't even get your insults right? :lol: Hysterical.

cmon, everyone knows that the more money the government has and the less the greedy free market capitalist citizens have the better off the country. Cause the feds have such a great record with the stuff they run with our money.