Some NFL Players Already Have Second Jobs

CosmicBills

You bring up a great point.

Manning has many more jobs then just one. He is a sponsor for a lot of products and since the NFLPA is now a partner with the NFL shouldn't Manning share his indorsement income with the NFL? Especially considering that the NFL has what is giving him his light?

HAHA -- I love it.

Manning has many more jobs then just one. He is a sponsor for a lot of products and since the NFLPA is now a partner with the NFL shouldn't Manning share his indorsement income with the NFL? Especially considering that the NFL has what is giving him his light?

It must be tough trying to make it on an NFL salary

Not sure how you got there from what I posted ... :unsure: No one in the NFLPA is asking the owners to share the revenue they generate from booking a concert in the off season.

Not sure how you got there from what I posted ... :unsure: No one in the NFLPA is asking the owners to share the revenue they generate from booking a concert in the off season.

With the exception of Jerry Jones, NFL owners do not own their venue

With the exception of Jerry Jones, NFL owners do not own their venue

The Dolphins own Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins/Dolphin/Land Shark/Sun Life Stadium. I don't believe any part of the financing of the construction or upgrades were in any party publicly funded, either (unlike Jonestown).

The Dolphins own Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins/Dolphin/Land Shark/Sun Life Stadium. I don't believe any part of the financing of the construction or upgrades were in any party publicly funded, either (unlike Jonestown).

So there's 2 instead of one. Point being most NFL owners do not own their venue.

I just find it interesting that the players want a bigger piece of the NFL as a partner (which they have been for a while now)bringing in earnings which involve everything under the shield - t-shirts, tv, etc...

And while Ralph booking a concert for Cher or Cat Stevens to come in and sing the players feel the owners earn enough and that is why they want to see the books. If people knew how much Jerruh brings in from his new palace then they might want to have a little larger stake in play for their contract. So, if Dallas Clark gets a job at Lowes making $8.50/hr he should have the total yearly income deducted from his millions. Then take out his endorsements, etc.

What concerns me more is that the NFLPA is considering setting up a show to compete with the Draft and have the Union reps from each team and notable players congratulate the players drafted on their own stage and offer their own commentary. I think Versus would buy it. Of course, I could see the NFL putting a stop to that real quick...

I just find it interesting that the players want a bigger piece of the NFL as a partner (which they have been for a while now)bringing in earnings which involve everything under the shield - t-shirts, tv, etc...

And while Ralph booking a concert for Cher or Cat Stevens to come in and sing the players feel the owners earn enough and that is why they want to see the books. If people knew how much Jerruh brings in from his new palace then they might want to have a little larger stake in play for their contract. So, if Dallas Clark gets a job at Lowes making $8.50/hr he should have the total yearly income deducted from his millions. Then take out his endorsements, etc.

Still not following your logic. What does a player taking an acting gig on a show that has nothing to do with the NFL have to do with work stoppage?

Still not following your logic. What does a player taking an acting gig on a show that has nothing to do with the NFL have to do with work stoppage?

It is very much a stretch...but to me it's not too much of a stretch.

"What does the NFL Owners decision to pay consultants on informing him the colors to paint a guest room at the stadium have to do with the NFL players on the field?"

If I was smart I'd be able to make the parallel, but I just think as much as things are mutually exclusive they're not...thinking Dallas Clark got this job based just on acting ability and no factor went in on the decision is hard to believe just as much as the performance on the field being related to the paint on that wall.

It would be funny to see the League sue their vendors, e.g., Reebok, Wilson and others to enjoin them from making commercials with any members of the former NFLPA or at least attaching some of the payment to those players. They are after all not employees of the League any longer. They shouldn't be able to make money based on a relationship that no longer exists between the players and the League. False advertising.

It would be funny to see the League sue their vendors, e.g., Reebok, Wilson and others to enjoin them from making commercials with any members of the former NFLPA or at least attaching some of the payment to those players. They are after all not employees of the League any longer. They shouldn't be able to make money based on a relationship that no longer exists between the players and the League. False advertising.

Thats exactly it. I cannot wait to see the f-up that the NFLPA puts on for their draft program! If I was the NFL I would let them do it. Who's honestly going to watch it? Who wants to watch a bunch of moosh mouth players interview other moosh mouth players while celebrating their riches while we try to remember how poor they are? :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Yup, that's right. The NFLPA is out of money but wants to throw a party for the new drafted players. Of course, they will get TV money but they should not be allowed to do this not being a part of the NFL and it not being included in a contract with the league. The NFL draft does not at all deal with the NFLPA and was included in the last CBA.

I am really not on one side... Okay, of course the players a bit more... What I really want to see is both sides lose! I want to see the whole complex come to chaos. They have been screwing the fans way too long... Of course with the fan's stupidity and blessing. And for the sake of the fans, I want to see each other beat to a pulp. Then they will have to come begging to the fans to win their trust again. That my friends is a GOOD thing... You may not think so NOW... But is is good.

These two sides work something out=Screw over the fans more.

We can part with wacthing games for a while.

I am really not on one side... Okay, of course the players a bit more... What I really want to see is both sides lose! I want to see the whole complex come to chaos. They have been screwing the fans way too long... Of course with the fan's stupidity and blessing. And for the sake of the fans, I want to see each other beat to a pulp. Then they will have to come begging to the fans to win their trust again. That my friends is a GOOD thing... You may not think so NOW... But is is good.

These two sides work something out=Screw over the fans more.

We can part with wacthing games for a while.

i cant! i mean of course i can.

but i really really really dont even wanna miss a preseason game.