IMO

NewEra

Because you don't know jack.

I love the message boards during the offseason. I've been reading the boards religiously since 2001. I was a silent participant for many of the years, I didn't reply much because I liked what most people had to say, and others posted what I felt, so there was no reason to beat a dead horse. Ive been more active lately, I think, because I see so much BS being spewed by haters. I'm sure this was going on back then too, but it seems so prevalent now. People are consistently making things up and communicating their thoughts as if they are facts. They're your opinions. You are a fan of the game. You are passionate about your team and the sport. But if you KNEW these things, you wouldn't be posting on tsw. You'd be collecting a paycheck from the NFL. You don't KNOW who is going to be a great player. You don't KNOW that someone is the next Aaron Maybin. Aaron Maybin MAY actually become a good player. I don't THINK he will, but it's still yet to be determined. Please. Don't make yourself look ignorant. Just say IMO or something to that effect. You won't look so ignorant. This isn't with regards to everyone. Those people that are getting a little perturbed by this post, are most likely the ones I'm giving this advice too.

Go bills.

Edited by NewEra

I love the message boards during the offseason. I've been reading the boards religiously since 2001. I was a silent participant for many of the years, I didn't reply much because I liked what most people had to say, and others posted what I felt, so there was no reason to beat a dead horse. Ive been more active lately, I think, because I see so much BS being spewed by haters. I'm sure this was going on back then too, but it seems so prevalent now. People are consistently making things up and communicating their thoughts as if they are facts. They're your opinions. You are a fan of the game. You are passionate about your team and the sport. But if you KNEW these things, you wouldn't be posting on tsw. You'd be collecting a paycheck from the NFL. You don't KNOW who is going to be a great player. You don't KNOW that someone is the next Aaron Maybin. Aaron Maybin MAY actually become a good player. I don't THINK he will, but it's still yet to be determined. Please. Don't make yourself look ignorant. Just say IMO or something to that effect. You won't look so ignorant. This isn't with regards to everyone. Those people that are getting a little perturbed by this post, are most likely the ones I'm giving this advice too.

Go bills.

Is it correct to say IMO you're right?

I am sick of the some of the back-and-forth on here that makes up so much of the same rehashing garbled thoughts. This board is full of our thoughts and ideas on how we would do things IF we had a career in the NFL. When we say something we are almost always stating an opinion and it is hard to want to state then when a few posts later the response will be along the lines of ..."You are so wrong," "You do not know...", or something else along the lines of an almost personal rebuttal. None of us really know, that's why we are here. Sure some of us know the game of football better then others but that does not make our opinions or thoughts wrong. This is the most troubling situation on the Cam Newton topic. There cannot be any good conversation about the guy because it turns in to insults and entrenched debate. Donte Whitner is the same situation.

Personally, I will take some responsibility to this as I have stated my opinions as fact and also turned responses in to personally directed attacks. Now it is to the point where you have to avoid certain topics in order not to get yourself slammed.

NewEar, if we only take what you said put it in to practice and remember it then maybe we'll remember that each of us are stating an opinion and we can avoid the negative and harsh responses. Thank you for your post.

Is it correct to say IMO you're right?

I am sick of the some of the back-and-forth on here that makes up so much of the same rehashing garbled thoughts. This board is full of our thoughts and ideas on how we would do things IF we had a career in the NFL. When we say something we are almost always stating an opinion and it is hard to want to state then when a few posts later the response will be along the lines of ..."You are so wrong," "You do not know...", or something else along the lines of an almost personal rebuttal. None of us really know, that's why we are here. Sure some of us know the game of football better then others but that does not make our opinions or thoughts wrong. This is the most troubling situation on the Cam Newton topic. There cannot be any good conversation about the guy because it turns in to insults and entrenched debate. Donte Whitner is the same situation.

Personally, I will take some responsibility to this as I have stated my opinions as fact and also turned responses in to personally directed attacks. Now it is to the point where you have to avoid certain topics in order not to get yourself slammed.

NewEar, if we only take what you said put it in to practice and remember it then maybe we'll remember that each of us are stating an opinion and we can avoid the negative and harsh responses. Thank you for your post.

We're all bills fans here. Love, don't hate. We have enough angry feelings during the season.

Go bills.

What makes you think people collecting paychecks from the NFL KNOW who is going to be a great player?

No one knows for sure, no matter how much time you put into it, amateur or professional.

It's just that some people (generally professionals) make more educated and ultimately better guesses than the majority of us.

The Bills could sure use one of those guys right now.

Please insert an “in my opinion” before every post I ever post from now on. I don’t want to be bothered to type it every single post from here on out so this post will supplement the need to type it in every post I have from now on.

Problem Solved!

PS: I absolutely did KNOW with 1000000000000000000000000000000% conviction that Aaron Maybin was going to be a giant bust. Maybe I SHOULD be collecting that NFL paycheck!!!!!!!!!!!!

What makes you think people collecting paychecks from the NFL KNOW who is going to be a great player?

No one knows for sure, no matter how much time you put into it, amateur or professional.

It's just that some people (generally professionals) make more educated and ultimately better guesses than the majority of us.

The Bills could sure use one of those guys right now.

+11112123423154124512345123462487947835678465

Those people that are getting a little perturbed by this post, are most likely the ones I'm giving this advice too.

Go bills.

Please insert an “in my opinion” before every post I ever post from now on. I don’t want to be bothered to type it every single post from here on out so this post will supplement the need to type it in every post I have from now on.

Problem Solved!

PS: I absolutely did KNOW with 1000000000000000000000000000000% conviction that Aaron Maybin was going to be a giant bust. Maybe I SHOULD be collecting that NFL paycheck!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for proving the OP's point.

Go bills.

The ignore poster functionality can make a whole thread look less ignorant.

Go bills.

You really need things spelled out for you like that?

IMO you would have to have brain damage not to understand when someone is posting their opinion on a Buffalo Bills message board filled with fans' opinion where fans can specifically post their opinion.

Thats just my opinion though in case you couldn't already tell that I was posting my opinion on a message board. :doh:

You really need things spelled out for you like that?

IMO you would have to have brain damage not to understand when someone is posting their opinion on a Buffalo Bills message board filled with fans' opinion where fans can specifically post their opinion.

Thats just my opinion though in case you couldn't already tell that I was posting my opinion on a message board. :doh:

Dude, its not about the people reading the post. Its about the TONE that posters take when incorrectly stating their opinions as facts. We all have to keep in mind that we, ourselves, dont really know jack. No matter how many hours you and I have spent looking up stats on why Von Miller is too small, neither of us know for certain 1. how good he is, or 2. how good he will be.

Cmon, youre better than that.

Go bills.

I don't really need to see the IMO. I get that people are posting their opinions. I agree 100% about the hate though. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you disagree with mine, I respect that. Let's just enjoy the back and forth and understand it's all in fun.

Dude, its not about the people reading the post. Its about the TONE that posters take when incorrectly stating their opinions as facts. We all have to keep in mind that we, ourselves, dont really know jack. No matter how many hours you and I have spent looking up stats on why Von Miller is too small, neither of us know for certain 1. how good he is, or 2. how good he will be.

Cmon, youre better than that.

You're right I apologize.

I assume everything I read here is opinion, because it is posted by random fans from across the country (and a couple 2nd , 3rd, and 4th tier media members.)

There are a few posters that do take it a bit far, when they use their opinion as evidence, not try to back up their opinion with evidence.

I too have recently used the ignore functionality, after years of trying to avoid using the ignore. Only two posters have earned that honor (they will remain unnamed) but I'm going to try to reserve that just for the special few.

I guess we can get all philosophical to quote Socrates "that he knew nothing except that he knew that very fact." Which can mean

I know that I don't know anything therefore I am wiser than the man that does not understand that he does not know anything.

So NewEra just know that you're wiser than the posters that don't preface their opinion, with "imo", because In my opinion that is never going to change.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Aaron Maybin MAY actually become a good player. I don't THINK he will, but it's still yet to be determined.

Go bills.

I know that it is yet to be determined if Maybinot will ever become a good player. I also know that the sky may someday turn pink and rain lollipops.