Keys to the Cincy game

Mile High

This is the biggest game the Bills have played in recent years. With that being said what do you guys think is the key or keys to this game. I say clock management and keeping the Bengals offense off the field. They have a trio of good receivers and a decent running back in Johnson. Willis and the oline HAVE to have a huge day.

I agree. Having Vincent back is huge, because our secondary just improves so much. They have a 2, maybe 3 headed threat WR (Johnson, Housmandzedah, and Washington) and with Palmer playing well they are all dangerous. The question is how badly is Palmer hurt. He has been solid but is also prone to turnovers, and Kitna if he starts will be rusty with almost a year of no serious playing time. R. Johnson isn't much of a concern to me, he seems to do most of his damage against poor defenses (which ours isn't). Their D has been hot and cold all year - some good games some bad (gave up 48 to Cleveland 2 weeks ago). No idea how their ST are, but Graham is a good kicker (not good enough to stay here though). So yes, clock mgmt is big, Willis needs to assert himself with solid 3 and 4 yard runs, occasionally breaking one. Evans and Reed need to step up as Moulds will be blanketed like always. A couple big plays on ST or defense could make the difference I think.

Never thought I would say this, but I don't see the Bengals making as many mistakes as our opponents have over the last few weeks :P

We can't lose the turnover battle and I think we are going to need 17+ points from the offense.

I can't see the Bengals scoring over 17 against our defense and special teams if they have to drive 70+ yards all day.

Score first...

If the Bengals score first, they will have confidence, and at home... they will be tasting blood.

If we score first, and play stout defense, the team will get a little worried, because they have watched the film of our dominate team. They know we are better.

If we come out ahead 10-0 or 14-0, I say 90% chance that we take the game, even though we are in their house against a very talented team.

When the Bills are on offense keep WR's a yard or so closer to the tackles. Run them at a shallow angle towards the sidelines for 20 - 25 yards and then cut inside. Every now and again, have a WR slice over the middle.Simmons, Hardy, and rookie Landon Johnson cover a lot of area, so you want them occupied. Have a TE block, release, and cut into the middle about 15 yards and then ignore him. The B'gal's like to use their lb's for pass coverage, so give them something to bite on. Then run on them. They are a bit wary of the 8-in-the-box stuff after a few seasons of getting burned for long gains when a rb busts through.

The Cincy defense revolves around the LB play. DE Justin Smith can get hot. If so, he's a real sack force. He has a good contain game against runs.

I forgot to say Bledsoe.

We lost the New England and Baltimore games because of only one person.  If Bledsoe doesn't LOSE the game for us.  We have it.

160248[/snapback]

Exactamundo. BDDB has to recognize/avoid the blitz (WM needs to help pick it up, Shelton as well) and not force things. Evans will need to keep playing at the level he's shown the past few weeks to free up Moulds.

I couple of weeks ago, I suggested that WM has a buck-75 game in him. Would be great if this Sunday would be the one.

No ST (read: kicking) screwups from Lindell. Hard to believe that (Don't Come Back) Shayne Graham has gained a toehold in Cinci...he didn't do diddly squat during his time in Buffalo.

Keys to the game is on the Defensive side. They need to pressure whoever is QB and stop the run. If they get good pressure on the QB the turnovers will come.

Offensively Bledsoe has to have some time to throw the ball. If he gets the time he will shred the Bengals Defense.

MM will be watching the NE game from this past weekend. NE put up 35 points they just couldn't stop the offense of the Bengals.

If the Defense plays like they did against the Browns you can chalk up another W.

A couple of things....

- First....the comeback of Vincent is HUGE....not just from his own play but Magee seems to play better with him on the field

- Second....with all the hype Willis M. has been getting you can believe the bengals will be stacking the box.....Bledsoe doesn't have to win the game for us....just make the right pass and not turn the ball over.....

I dont think they are going to do much against our defense....so our offense needs to have long time consuming drives and score at the end......and then our defense needs to get 3 and outs and turnovers would def help.

Keys to the game is on the Defensive side.  They need to pressure whoever is QB and stop the run.  If they get good pressure on the QB the turnovers will come. 

Offensively Bledsoe has to have some time to throw the ball.  If he gets the time he will shred the Bengals Defense.

MM will be watching the NE game from this past weekend.  NE put up 35 points they just couldn't stop the offense of the Bengals.

If the Defense plays like they did against the Browns you can chalk up another W.

160271[/snapback]

NE ran back a long int for one td, were the benificiaries of a debatable B'gals fum in the red zone, and an int off of Kitna within the NE 20. And NE was flagged for only 1 penalty until the last few minutes of the 4th quarter. Brady was razor-sharp, but without CIN offensive FU's, NE lost that game.

With Palmer questionable, the Bills should prevail. The B'gal's playbook this season is designed with his arm in mind. But don't discount Kitna, especially with a week's worth of 1st team snaps in practice. He's as canny as they come.