How Long Before The Nuclear Power Plant Situation..

Dante

Didn't take long for the nuclear apologists to jump to the defense of this perfectly safe power source. I'm all fired up about building more of these perfectly safe reactors. Meanwhile wind power is bad! The oil companies and fo news told me so.

Not to mention those ugly wind turbines six miles out in Cape Cod Bay would spoil the view from the Kennedy compound.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By now we have all read that the radiation emanating from the Japanese plants is akin to a dental x-ray. I understand that no radiation is good radiation but if the winds blow this stuff to Canada then they will simply be catching up to the developed world. 96.8% of Canadians have probably not had a dental x-ray in the past 10 years so big whoop.

By now we have all read that the radiation emanating from the Japanese plants is akin to a dental x-ray. I understand that no radiation is good radiation but if the winds blow this stuff to Canada then they will simply be catching up to the developed world. 96.8% of Canadians have probably not had a dental x-ray in the past 10 years so big whoop.

So, where do you think Frenkle falls? 96.8% or the other half?

Well he is bald which could be from poorly aimed dental x-rays.

You know when it's tough to aim a dental x-ray?

When your head's bouncing down a flight of stairs, that's when.

I'll take it...better than the 100% below the Mason-Dixon line.

Yes, the most catastrophic earthquake in Japan's recorded history, not to mention the resulting tsunami, should be the be the benchmark for determining the relative safety of nuclear power plants. Wind power is great, but not enough. Nuclear is one of the most efficient and least polluting sources of energy we currently have and has a great record as far as safety goes. I guess I was wrong when I said the far left isn't as anti-nuclear power as it used to be. Sounds like you've been waiting for this ever since the Chernobyl meltdown.

When I first read this I thought you almost sounded reasonable, but after looking into exactly what happened I have to ask you if you are insane? We don't even know where this is going yet, now we know they have been using weapons grade plutonium and that those cells might have already melted down? And don't forget--or just know--the earthquake didn't hit the plant, it just cut its power off, and the generators only had eight hours of back up. :blink:

And as a matter of fact the worst earthquake and Tusmni are good benchmarks for this because we have to be prepared for things like this happening. Should we aim even lower? What if its a friggin terror attack? That could never happen!! I'm no "anti-nuke" environmentalist, I'm just seeing this for what it is, a real f-up. You pro nuclear at any cost nut jobs are wacked. And I love your comment about how clean nuclear is. Can we store the spent fuel in your basement?

Is that what Fox is reporting?

When I first read this I thought you almost sounded reasonable, but after looking into exactly what happened I have to ask you if you are insane? We don't even know where this is going yet, now we know they have been using weapons grade plutonium and that those cells might have already melted down? And don't forget--or just know--the earthquake didn't hit the plant, it just cut its power off, and the generators only had eight hours of back up. :blink:

And as a matter of fact the worst earthquake and Tusmni are good benchmarks for this because we have to be prepared for things like this happening. Should we aim even lower? What if its a friggin terror attack? That could never happen!! I'm no "anti-nuke" environmentalist, I'm just seeing this for what it is, a real f-up. You pro nuclear at any cost nut jobs are wacked. And I love your comment about how clean nuclear is. Can we store the spent fuel in your basement?

Is that what Fox is reporting?

Full disclosure on Fox below.

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/video/megan-fox-video

"Weapons-grade plutonium". "Earthquake didn't hit the plant." !@#$ing priceless. :lol:

Could he be dumber than conner? Serious competition here.

No. Dave knows he's an idiot, and relies on bluster and "think of the children" arguments to cover it up.

Conner honestly thought he was an intellectual.