UofR to study brain activity/affect of hits during games

Beerball

I think player safety is likely to rise in importance once the CBA is settled. At some point you have to wonder when parents will say "no" to their son playing football because of the long term risk. If I had a teenage son (I don't) I would think long and hard about him playing football vs.other sports.

I think player safety is likely to rise in importance once the CBA is settled. At some point you have to wonder when parents will say "no" to their son playing football because of the long term risk. If I had a teenage son (I don't) I would think long and hard about him playing football vs.other sports.

I wouldn't. He wouldn't play. Putting your son into football these days is idiotic. The studies are pretty much incontrovertible. IT is really erally really bad and has long term effects, even if the kid only plays as a kid.

There are a million other great sports. Football and boxing are two to skip.

It's already happening. I can't imagine what this is going to spiral towards in the next 20 or so years. It should be very interesting to watch.

Thankfully my son (shut up Beerball), has expressed no interest in it. I would hate to have to tell him no. As Peace referred to, the science is in already. It genuinely sucks, as the NFL is my favorite sport. Those calling it a watered down product with rules designed to protect the QBs or other players, clearly do not understand the issue.

Thankfully my son (shut up Beerball), has expressed no interest in it. I would hate to have to tell him no. As Peace referred to, the science is in already. It genuinely sucks, as the NFL is my favorite sport. Those calling it a watered down product with rules designed to protect the QBs or other players, clearly do not understand the issue.

I have no problem with 18 year olds deciding to rattle their brains and ruin their lives but only adults can be blamed for doing it to the kids. And I love watching football too. If my child (I only have a daughter) wanted to play football, it'd be an easy no. A lot of other sports out there.

I have no problem with 18 year olds deciding to rattle their brains and ruin their lives but only adults can be blamed for doing it to the kids. And I love watching football too. If my child (I only have a daughter) wanted to play football, it'd be an easy no. A lot of other sports out there.

Agreed on the 18+, that is their decision.