Steve Johnson sets his 2011 goals

Beerball

link

"It's still only one season," Johnson said. "I'm eager to get back out there and do more and be better than last year. I really want to make a huge impact. I don't want to slip or fall off. I want to come back ready and do my part."

That's why Johnson has declared personal goals for 2011. He wants to lead the NFL in touchdown receptions and gain at least 1,000 yards. His reception total doesn't matter much. DeSean Jackson proved what kind of damage a receiver can do with 47 catches and a 22.5-yard average.

But Johnson adds the organization's primary objective is one he can embrace: closing out games.

This is friggin sweet. I have been a fan of this guy since we drafted him, as my posts indicate. Especially to put it out there, never mind to actually have personal goals well defined. Anybody could have said "improve my game" or "work on my route running"(um, Hardy, who I am ashamed to say I also touted) :rolleyes: These goals show he has put some actual thought into them, and, they are aggressive. I also think they are realistic, given the fact that we can expect a full Edwards-less off-season, and whoever(leaving the door open for Newton, but please, do not highjack this thread) at QB.

Now for the personal goals of the other 50-60 guys....

This is friggin sweet. I have been a fan of this guy since we drafted him, as my posts indicate. Especially to put it out there, never mind to actually have personal goals well defined. Anybody could have said "improve my game" or "work on my route running"(um, Hardy, who I am ashamed to say I also touted) :rolleyes: These goals show he has put some actual thought into them, and, they are aggressive. I also think they are realistic, given the fact that we can expect a full Edwards-less off-season, and whoever(leaving the door open for Newton, but please, do not highjack this thread) at QB.

Now for the personal goals of the other 50-60 guys....

I agree, goal setting is huge. I got the idea from Brian Tracey, and around this time last year I wrote down 3 specific personal goals, only one of which seemed reasonably possible at the time. A year later I've achieved all 3. I think this guy's going to be a star for years to come.