A comparison with the Kelly-led teams

duey

No comparison at all. When the current Bills team wins 5 of 6 division titles and goes to 4 straight Super Bowls, then come back and talk about it. 4 games does not invite talk of comparisons to the glory days.

160250[/snapback]

Are you talking about the same D that got rolled on in 4 straight bowls when they had to play a real offensive line? Not impressed at all with those SB year D;s whatsoever. Lot of hype but never produced when it came to the big game against the big linemen. Sorry, they just didnt lose 3 of those bowls they were destroyed in them. The first one they played decent but wilted late.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about the same D that got rolled on in 4 straight bowls when they had to play a real offensive line? Not impressed at all with those SB year D;s whatsoever. Lot of hype but never produced when it came to the big game against the big linemen. Sorry, they just didnt lose 3 of those bowls they were destroyed in them. The first one they played decent but wilted late.

160640[/snapback]

i agree...we had some very good dynamic individual defensive players, but i think the current defense is better....not GREAT, but better. the 99 defense was the closest thing wer had to GREAT in my lifetime. i never saw the 64-65 teams play(was born in 65).

I don't know that I've ever seen a linebacker play faster than London does.  He pretty much has one speed.  Maybe Sam Mills - who was similiar to London in alot of ways and one of my favorite non-BILLS of all time.

160243[/snapback]

Umm.. Darin, I believe you forgot Singletary.

I don't know that I've ever seen a linebacker play faster than London does. He pretty much has one speed. Maybe Sam Mills - who was similiar to London in alot of ways and one of my favorite non-BILLS of all time.

I remember the day we signed Fletcher, I compared him to Sam Mills and a bunch of mouths started in with "Who?What?That's stupid".

Then the next day in his press conference somebody asked Fletch who he admired or wanted to play like and sure enough he actually said Sam Mills.

That cat was fierce.

Cya

I remember the day we signed Fletcher, I compared him to Sam Mills and a bunch of mouths started in with "Who?What?That's stupid".

Then the next day in his press conference somebody asked Fletch who he admired or wanted to play like and sure enough he actually said Sam Mills.

That cat was fierce.

Cya

160753[/snapback]

I knew you'd get it.

You can't compare just the Super Bowls because the current defense has never played in a Super Bowl. Who knows how the current D would preform in a Super Bowl? They may fold just like the old Bills did. Want to look at regular season stats and compare? That may be a bit more accurate.

Year Rush Pass Net Rank Points

1988- 1854 2724 4578 4 237

1989- 1840 3206 5046 11 317

1990- 1808 2799 4607 8 263

1991- 2044 3414 5458 27 318

1992- 1395 3209 4604 12 283

1993- 1921 3633 5554 27 242

2004- 1477 2822 4299 3 284*

*2004 Totals are projected totals based on current stats.

Can't forget that the Bills were almost always ahead in games from 1990-1993 and that caused teams to pass alot more than they ran. Also can't forget that the Bills scored points fast and furious back then and the defense was on the field alot more.

Draw your own conclusions.