Panda Sushi

Beerball

I'm eating sushi right now ... IMO ... the almost perfect food ... sashimi is better.

I rather eat dirt than sushi. I catch halibut 200 miles south of home, fillet them and put the fillets in a cooler for the drive home. By the time I get here the bottom of the cooler is filled with tiny wiggling red worms that look like they would love nothing more than to bore a hole in your stomach lining and come crawling out your eyes.

I rather eat dirt than sushi. I catch halibut 200 miles south of home, fillet them and put the fillets in a cooler for the drive home. By the time I get here the bottom of the cooler is filled with tiny wiggling red worms that look like they would love nothing more than to bore a hole in your stomach lining and come crawling out your eyes.

You still eat it cooked ....

You like the seaweed? I can only stomach it if a thin strip is used to hold the conglomeration together. When the entire thing is wrapped in seaweed I want to :sick:

With the soy and wasabi or whatever other sauce they have to go with it should complement it. If not you're at a crappy sushi bar. Best meal I ever had was at a sushi bar in Boston.

With all of the great sushi joints in SF??? It must have been very good.

I have not been to any of the "big" sushi places here. Let me explain the dinner at O Ya in Boston. It was through the company I work for so I didn't pay so we didn't concern ourselves with that. The waiter came out and asked if we wanted to order off the menu or if we wanted the kitchen to create a special tasting meal. I handed thim the menu and said go for it. Most of the people at the table were foodies so they were all in as well. The waiter came back as said the kitchen wanted to know if we didn't like anything. I said I didn't like leaving. So there we sat 18 courses (I think) and 3 hours later of each course being fantastic. They were all one bite but each bite was an explosion of tastes, smells and textures. It may be a long time before I have a meal that will top that. That day will come when I get into the French Laundry.

I have not been to any of the "big" sushi places here. Let me explain the dinner at O Ya in Boston. It was through the company I work for so I didn't pay so we didn't concern ourselves with that. The waiter came out and asked if we wanted to order off the menu or if we wanted the kitchen to create a special tasting meal. I handed thim the menu and said go for it. Most of the people at the table were foodies so they were all in as well. The waiter came back as said the kitchen wanted to know if we didn't like anything. I said I didn't like leaving. So there we sat 18 courses (I think) and 3 hours later of each course being fantastic. They were all one bite but each bite was an explosion of tastes, smells and textures. It may be a long time before I have a meal that will top that. That day will come when I get into the French Laundry.

Very cool -- though I would not have wanted to pick up the tab.

I had a middle of the road wine.

Big of you :D ... To this day (and I've eaten at many high end places) the most expensive meal I have ever consumed (excluding wine or bar tab)was sushi at the hotel Nikko in Tokyo. 20+ years ago it was well north of $300 for just me.