Draft? Screw the draft...

That is what’s known as a “self-fulfilling prophecy” more than us having good scouting IMO.

The Bills suck. So with that, it makes sense that more UDFA Rookies would make the team because there is less competition. Also, If I went undrafted, I would want to sign with the team that gave me the best chance to make the team. So assuming I am a desirable undrafted rookie with options, I would choose the Bills over the Steelers or Packers because it would be easier to make the Bills.

More proof of this is that the Patriots have multiple undrafted players as starters and are much better than us. If it was our scouting that made us good, I think we would have more UDFA starters.

I do believe we have proved we draft better in the late rounds and are more successful with undrafteds than our top picks though (that’s mainly because of our 1st round bust history but whatever). I chalk that up to Ralph and Russ Brandon and other people who shouldn’t be in the draft room having too much a say in the early rounds.

The Bills are better at scouting undrafted free agents

How many undrafted players made our team last year? 3? 4?

Impressive to say the least

And a record of 4-12. Unimpressive to say the least.

Basically the bar was set very low so being a undrafted free agent on that team was not the same as being one on the pats for example.

Edited by CodeMonkey