It's Girl Scout Cookie Time

BuffaloBill

IMO .. you just can't beat frozen thin mints. I usually end up buying about six boxes and throwing them into the freezer. I could care less about any of the other cookie offerings.

I know it will happen but let's try to avoid turing this into some sick and twisted discussion about the girls who are hawking the confectioneries. :D

IMO .. you just can't beat frozen thin mints. I usually end up buying about six boxes and throwing them into the freezer. I could care less about any of the other cookie offerings.

I know it will happen but let's try to avoid turing this into some sick and twisted discussion about the girls who are hawking the confectioneries. :D

Any of the ones with peanut butter,oatmeal or raisians.

Edited by CowgirlsFan

Why not just buy Keebler Grasshoppers instead of the thin mints? Cheaper ,and you can get them year round...

I like the Samoas, personally.

Why not just buy Keebler Grasshoppers instead of the thin mints? Cheaper ,and you can get them year round...

It's about supporting the girls ... not about price. (probably also due to various people I know guilting me into buying because their daughter or grand-daughter is active) However, thanks for the suggestion so now if I need a "fix" at some other point in the year I can get one :D .

Thin Mints

Tag-a-longs and... The ones with the fancy French name...

I like the Samoas, personally.

Okay... Dr. "Race to the Bottom"... And get them at WalMart too! :nana:

What is with people?... I used to like when you could only get Hershey peanut butter eggs at Easter time... Now they make them for all holidays! :wallbash:

Heck, with most fundraisers I just say take the 20, 50 or 100 dollars and be done... Save me from the crappy product. Now with Girl Scout cookies, it is a different story! :D

Frozen Thin Mints narrowly eek out the peanut butter ones.

Anyway, girl scout cookies have taken over the world. It's ridiculous how they are sold now. Can you imagine telling...say...your grandfather to go peddle cookies at work by shaking down his co-workers? He would smack you.

It's about supporting the girls ... not about price. (probably also due to various people I know guilting me into buying because their daughter or grand-daughter is active) However, thanks for the suggestion so now if I need a "fix" at some other point in the year I can get one :D .

I just figure I'd rather spend the money on something I can't get elsewhere. Trust me, my wife spends a ton of money on those things. :P

No love for Tag-a-longs? Or is that people are calling the peanut butter things?

Man.. Those are great... Especially dunked in milk for a while and left to get soggy at the botttom of the glass... Then scooped with a spoon!

:o

I just figure I'd rather spend the money on something I can't get elsewhere. Trust me, my wife spends a ton of money on those things. :P

:lol: :lol:

What do you have against those poor little Girl Scouts! :nana: You see what the Girl Guides did to that Aussie '80s band "Men @ Work?" You don't want to mess with these bad ass businesswomen! They would corner the market and put Ernie the elf out of business if they could!

;)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This from Wiki:

"In February of 2011 police shut down a Girl Scouts cookie stand that was operating without a permit in Villa Rica, Georgia. Both the mayor and police chief stated the officer did nothing wrong, however the city is providing the troop with a pizza party to make up for the confusion."

Also... I said the ones with the fancy French name... I guess it may be Latin and they are:

Dulce De Leche Introduced in 2009, these are Latin caramel cookies with caramel chips. The earlier versions had a caramel topping, which later had to be removed due to the high amount of trans fat.

Bummer they are retiring them... No wonder I liked them... Trans fat! :doh:

I hate you.

:lol:

Man... I just scratched the Wiki link abount GS cookies and it is interesting... There is a lot of controversy from time to time!

:lol:

Man... I just scratched the Wiki link abount GS cookies and it is interesting... There is a lot of controversy from time to time!

From the perspectie of guys, don't most things involving the finer gender turn controversial at some point? :lol::lol: it.'s the old mars venus thing

Pretty funny story, at least I think it is funny. When I was in my mid twenties a year or 2 out of college my friends & I went down to Savannah, Georgia one year for St Patty's weekend. Well, on St patty's day we were in the town square where all the festivities were & we were doing funnels. People must not do funnels down in the south because people were amazed at what we doing to the point where there was a large crowd gathering around us just watching us do funnels. Well anyways, there was a Girl Scout group selling cookies so one loud mouth in the crowd out of nowhere says he will buy $200 worth of cookies if me or one of my friends did a 4 beer funnel. Now at the point I was probably the best funnel man among my friends & I at the time. I did 2 beer funnels before & on occasion a 3 beer funnel, but never a 4 beer funnel. Well the whole crowd starts chanting "for the kids! for the kids!" & I basically had no choice but to do the dreaded 4 beer funnel. Somehow I got it down. We made sure the guy paid the girls, the mother with the girls thanked me for taking one for the team. I waited to things calmed down & found the nearest parking garage, went into a secluded corner & just starting hurling. I hope those girl scouts appreciated it.

THey're not called Samoas anymore, right? I think they're Caramel Delights now. Anyone know the reason for the name change?

I looked into this a couple years ago. If the information is still correct, there are two bakeries that make Girl Scout cookies. Depending on which one is supplying your local troop will determine if they are called Carmel Delights or Samoas.