The Senator was on Sirius...

boyst

George Wilson on Sirius. By now you know the drill, I figured he was worth sharing, even though I did it in the Shoutbox. By the time I get done typing I am not going to go back and type much to fix it. I enjoy the challenge of keeping up with them talking, picking up the mumbles and the mush mouth garbles, and trying to quote it - but man it makes my fingers sore. Anyway, here is what was said...

On the contract negotiations with NFL: The talks are inspiring and he hopes to find more common ground, but everyone needs more perspective, especially on the bigger issues. The bigger issues are not being discussed

Is doomsday/lockout coming? I think it is a possibility, but over the next week who knows what will happen. If I had to bet, I would say it is a possibility

On healthcare and Cobra: It is expensive but it is worth it

On keeping touch with team members/ the pulse, atomosphere with them: Everyone is defiantely alert, he emails them regularly and answers questions often. He feels encouraged by people being involved. Personally - my take-it sounds like he's saying people are concerned and worried. He goes on to say there is worrying

A week is can depend, the framework can be done, but they'll have to move forward. If something is not done by next week to work with then there is no other choices but lockout

He receives updates on conference calls, emails, texts, etc, from the Union to him and membership. The exec committtee gives thorough information - what they need to share with the members, and correlate how to handle information

On the number 3 pick: "Being 4-12 we have a lot of needs..." "Buddy Nix and Gailey have a plan. They're going to take the best player available to help us, or they're going to make the best decisions for our team and franchise. I will leave that in their hands. I know ultimately they have a plan in place."

On Mallet "I was able to see Ryan play a couple times this year, I was down at the game early." "Big tall guy, has the arm strength, he shows he has been a winner throughout college." "Only Ryan can step u pto the plate and show people who he is." " I know the NFL and I know the combine, it does a great job going through the character of the NFL prospects. .." I know what he is going through."

"I signed a 3 year extension." back to commentators/hosts ...on Sanders chances of almost getting to Buffalo...What will the Stache do? "The first move that we had. Some veteran experience." "college and professional expierence...[it'll help]." "He's been around the game, knows schematically what we have and what we do to be better then last year. At 4-12 we have to be open to lots of changes."

On Von Miller..and Maybin "Aaron is going i nto his 3rd year. I think the third year is where a guy really shows if he can make it in here. He's been challenged to show what he can do. " "he's been asked to step up to the plate and show what he can do not some of the time, but all of the time and be a good presense on the field and off the field. " "i know he knows what is on him and expected of him, I know he will [garbled]"

On Merriman. "Shawne has a lot to prove as well, he left SD under circumstances he would not like to have, he's been banged up." "he wants to prove he's healthy and can play at the top of his game. the main thing is he has to prove he's healthy." "he is a player on the team we have that we can build with." "I feel the players and coaches we have we can go forward."

--personal note, his describing Merriman was much heartfelt. He stumbled on his maybin answer.

JaMarcus Russel and Aaron Maybin should be the biggest arguments for a Rookie Wage Scale. You can throw Vernon Gholston in there too. I really like Wilson. He is a really good player and an even better person. I was working over at the Jim Kelly Football Camp and after my campers ate lunch they were waiting to head to another part of the complex at OBD and out of the offices walked George Wilson. He signed an autograph for every kid there. Every single one. He didn't have to do that. He just was a good dude doing the right thing. I thought it was really awesome of him.

JaMarcus Russel and Aaron Maybin should be the biggest arguments for a Rookie Wage Scale. You can throw Vernon Gholston in there too. I really like Wilson. He is a really good player and an even better person. I was working over at the Jim Kelly Football Camp and after my campers ate lunch they were waiting to head to another part of the complex at OBD and out of the offices walked George Wilson. He signed an autograph for every kid there. Every single one. He didn't have to do that. He just was a good dude doing the right thing. I thought it was really awesome of him.

Always respected Wilson. he sounds like a good dude