Vince Young

major

I think the question is: Do we currently have a backup who can win in the NFL? The answer is clearly no. Young has won and can win in the NFL. So bringing him in is a no-brainer. Forget all the drama. If he's an ahole, don't sign him. If he stinks in camp, cut him. But he has shown talent in the NFL with 3 or 4 OCs and I think Gailey would do wonders with Young's skill set.

I think the question is: Do we currently have a backup who can win in the NFL? The answer is clearly no. Young has won and can win in the NFL. So bringing him in is a no-brainer. Forget all the drama. If he's an ahole, don't sign him. If he stinks in camp, cut him. But he has shown talent in the NFL with 3 or 4 OCs and I think Gailey would do wonders with Young's skill set.

I guess were not signing him because he is a ahole

The backup QB in the NFL has to be a two-brainer: able to prepare and execute the scout team gameplan and our gameplan every week.

Skinny on Young is "no brainer" is exactly descriptive of him. As a backup: Bust.

The backup QB in the NFL has to be a two-brainer: able to prepare and execute the scout team gameplan and our gameplan every week.

Skinny on Young is "no brainer" is exactly descriptive of him. As a backup: Bust.

yeah, its obvious that he's a bust as a back up....

During the 2009 offseason, Coach Jeff Fisher announced that Kerry Collins would remain the Titans' starting quarterback for the 2009 season; Fisher said that if Young wanted to become the starting quarterback, he would have to "earn his job back".[48]

On October 29, 2009, following a disappointing 0–6 start to the season, Coach Fisher announced that Young would replace Collins as starter. Titans owner Bud Adams had reportedly urged Fisher to give Young more playing time following the team's 59–0 loss to the New England Patriots on October 18, and became even more insistent during the team's bye week that followed. Fisher nonetheless withheld announcing the change "for competitive reasons" until the Thursday afternoon before the Titan's next game, on Sunday, November 1, against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Upon announcing the change, Fisher further stated: "I'm still in Kerry Collins' corner because I don't believe that our record is a reflection of the quarterback play," Fisher said. "It's a reflection of the team play. I'm still in his corner, but we've decided to go ahead and make this change."[49]

Young won eight of his ten starts in the 2009 campaign. The 2009 Titans are the first team in NFL history to win five straight after losing their first six games. On November 29, 2009, Young led the Titans on a two minute thirty-seven second, ninety-nine yard drive at the end of their game against the Arizona Cardinals, capping it with a game-winning touchdown pass to Kenny Britt as time expired. The Titans won 20–17. Incidentally, due to an injury to Cardinals' starting QB Kurt Warner, this would mark a rematch of the 2006 Rose Bowl between Young and Cardinals' back-up QB Matt Leinart.[50]

at least back up your lame statements with some ammo. You have nothing, but your opinion. It's not worth nearly as much as you think.

We could always kick the tires on Vince Young instead of drafting a QB. Why not?

If we can get Young we should.He is just as good of a QB as Fitz.-

If Fitz goes down we automatically become the worst team in the NFL the way we sit now.

Let him be the backup for cheap.-I don't think this is a good QB year(not convinced about Newton).

I thought the 3rd stringer runs the scout team? No doubt Young would come in expecting to claim the #1 job, but don't you want all your QBs to think that?

I'm not trying to defend Young. He obviously has talent. My only unresolved question is: What if Jeff Fisher is the ahole?

i was waiting for one of these threads to pop up.... another "what do we have to lose" or "Maybe Chan can make a winner out of (insert washed up or talentless assbag QB name here)" threads.

Yes Chan Gailey can bring out the best on average talent, but maybe JUST maybe these lousy players get cut simply because they suck, and don't actually have what it takes to lead a team, and while I love Chan Gailey's ability to get the most out of a player, I have a hunch he cannot save garbage from the dumpster.

Sometimes another mans trash is actually a bag of trash.

We could always kick the tires on Vince Young instead of drafting a QB. Why not?

I would much rather stick with Fitz...

why do people always throw out ridiculous ideas that have absolutely not merit

I'd be willing to give Vince Young a shot.

He's only had one coach in the NFL, so it could just simply be a major, major, major compatibility issue. I'm sure everyone here has had that one boss they constantly butted heads with in the past. True, he could/should have been more mature about it, but that's life, he has some growing to do, most of us do/or have.

i was waiting for one of these threads to pop up.... another "what do we have to lose" or "Maybe Chan can make a winner out of (insert washed up or talentless assbag QB name here)" threads.

Yes Chan Gailey can bring out the best on average talent, but maybe JUST maybe these lousy players get cut simply because they suck, and don't actually have what it takes to lead a team, and while I love Chan Gailey's ability to get the most out of a player, I have a hunch he cannot save garbage from the dumpster.

Sometimes another mans trash is actually a bag of trash.

There is nothing washed up or talentless about Vince Young.

He's a good, young QB. He had issues with his previous coach.

Were they all his fault? Were they all the coach's? Were they a combination of the two?