Bills announce uniform change

Peter

I'm an older guy who grew up with the white helmets and never got used to the red.

absolutely!, i am not a fan of the charging buffalo, prefer the classic look of the standing buffalo, but all things considered, i will take the return to the white helmet AND, dumping those atrocious uni's of the recent past. i cringed watching them play in them, it is probably a good thing that they were as sh-tty on the field as were the uni's they wore. hopefully not much of the country had to see those atrocities as we did. they seemed to be wearing the throwbacks when they got national exposure , i e : the cowboy game on monday night.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely!, i am not a fan of the charging buffalo, prefer the classic look of the standing buffalo, but all things considered, i will take the return to the white helmet AND, dumping those atrocious uni's of the recent past. i cringed watching them play in them, it is probably a good thing that they were as sh-tty on the field as were the uni's they wore. hopefully not much of the country had to see those atrocities as we did. they seemed to be wearing the throwbacks when they got national exposure , i e : the cowboy game on monday night.

I agree, would like to stick with our original logo, but can live with the charger and that red stripey thing???? lol

Our originals were class, all changes after that was for 'the man' to squeeze more money from the fans.

FWIW - I prefer the red helmet as the part of the normal uni and the white helmet with standing Buffalo with the throwback. Best of both worlds.

Regardless, i am very happy that they woke up and are getting rid of the awful unis we have had for the past several years.

Just my 2¢.

Perhaps this look would please you then? lol :doh:

Bills at Houston Oilers (1994)

Perhaps this look would please you then? lol :doh:

Bills at Houston Oilers (1994)

lol!, i remember that!, that is when the throwback craze started. i could not wait to see how the bills would handle it, what did they do?.. put tape over the helmet and went bargain basement cheap. it was a letdown, but not surprising, guess it was before russ and co came on board and could convince ralph and the detroit people that money could be made on the throwback craze.

Holy crap, 24 pages on a uniform change that hasn't even officially come out yet? I had no idea you guys were this much into fashion. 0:)

haha! Actually, my wife was saying that she thinks I am the most insane person on earth because I am apparently obsessed with uniforms, to her anyway. I am always commenting on what looks good, bad, etc. Funny cause I nearly picked out some jeans that Cris Angel would wear by accident yesterday because of my non-fasion sense...

Actually the current uniforms were never supposed to be worn blue on blue and white on white. When they were unveiled it was the white pants with the blue jerseys at home and the blue pants with white jerseys on the road. Not much different than what is now being proposed. For some reason, they never wore them that way and they never looked right because the striping on the pants never matched the one on the jersey, not to mention how bad those uniforms look worn blue on blue and white on white. Maybe this time they will actually wear the right jerseys with the right pants.

Actually the current uniforms were never supposed to be worn blue on blue and white on white. When they were unveiled it was the white pants with the blue jerseys at home and the blue pants with white jerseys on the road.

Very true.

Not much different than what is now being proposed.

Can't agree, on multiple counts.

From what we've gathered:

- They're going back to white helmets. (Perhaps the curse of Joe Ferguson will be lifted. :rolleyes: )

- The Royal Blue is much nicer with the Red and White than the Navy.

- They won't have those ridiculous Navy Blue shoulder whatever-they-are on the away Whites.

For some reason, they never wore them that way and they never looked right because the striping on the pants never matched the one on the jersey, not to mention how bad those uniforms look worn blue on blue and white on white.

The reason was Coach Gregg "BS" Williams caving to his players' idiot fashion sense. It was a player decision years ago. I have no idea why the team (or the league) went along with it.

Maybe this time they will actually wear the right jerseys with the right pants.

They had damned-well better.

haha! Actually, my wife was saying that she thinks I am the most insane person on earth because I am apparently obsessed with uniforms, to her anyway. I am always commenting on what looks good, bad, etc. Funny cause I nearly picked out some jeans that Cris Angel would wear by accident yesterday because of my non-fasion sense...

Honestly, you don't have to be obsessed to be excited about this as a Bills fan.

Not just locals, but national (ie generic fans/reporters) have universally labeled the Bills' current uniforms the league's worst, and almost as universally called their throw-backs among the very best. Anyone with any sense of style can see it.

If we have to watch them play ugly, at least they could dress like they aren't incompetent. And, heck, who knows, maybe the upgraded image will rub off on their play after a while.

I just got an e-mail that they are making a change.

About time.

This is the e-mail:

You know a lot of things look better when a team is a winner! I think the Bills organization as a whole should spend every last second at making a concerted effort to improve their team, and worry less about uniform changes. Maybe changing the culture of the Bills organiation is more important than looking like champions in pictures! I think the New England uniforms are kidn of ugly, and the version of the Jets uniform that looks like a Steelers uniforms. There are some ugly uniforms out there, but I bet the New England fans see right past that flaw when they look at team pictures of the Patriots holding the Lombardi trophy! I've said my piece, and maybe it is an unpopular opinion. But, I think the organization tries to appease the Bills fans with little changes that add up to more of the same.

If I was the Owner, despite past differences. I would give every effort to bring Bill Polian back as our GM. If Mr. Wilson was humble enough to ask Bill Polian in the right manner, I bet Polian would be more than interested in the challenge of restoring the glory days of the Buffalo Bills. After accomplishing this long awaited feat of making the Bills a champion once again, this would further enhance and reinforce the reputation of Bill Polian as a unparraleled francise builder.

Just my opinion like I said...but it's all about spending the money in the right places, focusing attention on actual needs of a franchise, and winning. Our lack of direction just reinforces why we remain what we are as good organizations repeatedly excell and bad organizations stay bad! So where do we fit in the equation are we a good organization? or are we consistently bad? Where in parralel motion! 7-9 baby! I know it's early...but it's more of the same..where's r next CJ Spiller this year? lol

Edited by tonyjustbcuz

You know a lot of things look better when a team is a winner! I think the Bills organization as a whole should spend every last second at making a concerted effort to improve their team, and worry less about uniform changes. Maybe changing the culture of the Bills organiation is more important than looking like champions in pictures! I think the New England uniforms are kidn of ugly, and the version of the Jets uniform that looks like a Steelers uniforms. There are some ugly uniforms out there, but I bet the New England fans see right past that flaw when they look at team pictures of the Patriots holding the Lombardi trophy! I've said my piece, and maybe it is an unpopular opinion. But, I think the organization tries to appease the Bills fans with little changes that add up to more of the same.

If I was the Owner, despite past differences. I would give every effort to bring Bill Polian back as our GM. If Mr. Wilson was humble enough to ask Bill Polian in the right manner, I bet Polian would be more than interested in the challenge of restoring the glory days of the Buffalo Bills. After accomplishing this long awaited feat of making the Bills a champion once again, this would further enhance and reinforce the reputation of Bill Polian as a unparraleled francise builder.

Just my opinion like I said...but it's all about spending the money in the right places, focusing attention on actual needs of a franchise, and winning. Our lack of direction just reinforces why we remain what we are as good organizations repeatedly excell and bad organizations stay bad! So where do we fit in the equation are we a good organization? or are we consistently bad? Where in parralel motion! 7-9 baby! I know it's early...but it's more of the same..where's r next CJ Spiller this year? lol

What I don't understand in this line of thinking is the notion that the team can't do two things at once, or that changing the uniforms is actually costing them money - much less enough money that it would impact who they hire.

Is it your contention that while Russ Brandon and the marketing team are settling on new uniforms it is somehow impairing Buddy and Chan and the scouting department in their ability to decide who to draft or pick up in free agency??

It's as if people think they only have a dozen employees at OBD or something.

Edited by BobChalmers