There's muther!@#$ing spiders

Beerball

I heard that on the news this morning and I was thinking why are these spiders only interested in Mazdas?

They are not sure... But I think it is the design of the evap canisters. Now I am not sure how evap systems exactly work... But I will take a leap here... People correct me if I am wrong. The thing will vent the fuel tank and stop the vapors from entering the air? Has to do with moisture right? Spiders love moisture. No?

On that note... Know how to supposedly chase spiders from your basement or wherever? From living in the midwest, I learned there is an old remedy of putting osage-oranges (fruit of the osage tree) in your basement... They will make the spiders turn away. Again, must act as a dessicant.

Those sneaky little Japs at Mazda maybe can stick an osage-orange near the evap can? :nana:

And yes... I am joking with my "sneaky little Jap" comment... Please don't let it offend.

EDIT: Here is a Wiki Picture of an osage-orange

From what I discovered, these things float... They are really cool to thow into water... Like throwing a softball.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Double EDIT:

"...From a quick Wiki glance... It seems that osage-oranges contain similar properties as DEET.

Today, the fruit is sometimes used to deter spiders, cockroaches, boxelder bugs, crickets, fleas, and other arthropods. An article posted by the Burke Museum in Washington State claims that this usage, in the case of spiders, has no evidence to support it..."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois