Euro judges ban insurance risk assessment based on gender

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

Health insurance is the inverse of life. Life costs more for men, health for women. Reason being is that women are more likely to utilize healthcare than men. Companies are handling the change by making rates higher for everyone I think.

That was my question. Are women statistically more lilkely to utilize health insurance. If so then yes their costs should be higer. Just as their costs for life should be lower seeing they live longer and will pay more premium into the pool over their lives. Once again this is one of the more stupid rulings I've heard in a long time.

Guest three3

A better ruling, perhaps would be to ban the sale of insurance altogether. That would do away with the barbaric practice of allowing individuals to pool their risk and pay premiums based on the statistical percentage of a covered incident occurring to someone within the collective group. No coverage whatsoever, that's the ticket.

Hell, ban insurance companies completely while we're at it.

They've got tons of our money. They're evil.

you don't choose your group..you choose your lifestyle (no homo here) and you should pay according to your lifestyle. i don't care if i have to send in all of my grocery bill receipts and have a camera on my car for a month. i'll prove that i am incredibly low risk if that's what it takes

Here's a tip: if you don't like their business model, don't give them your money.

it is illegal to drive without car insurance

you don't choose your group..you choose your lifestyle (no homo here) and you should pay according to your lifestyle. i don't care if i have to send in all of my grocery bill receipts and have a camera on my car for a month. i'll prove that i am incredibly low risk if that's what it takes

In regard to life insurance (and that's what I know most about here) your lifestyle will come to light during the underwriting process.

Guest three3

Sex. Not gender. Sex.

it appears the media does not like that term. either we start calling "sex" "intercourse" and use the term for one purpose or take the sticks out of our arses and admit very few people took sociology courses to know the difference so it is semantics to almost everyone out there.

it appears the media does not like that term. either we start calling "sex" "intercourse" and use the term for one purpose or take the sticks out of our arses and admit very few people took sociology courses to know the difference so it is semantics to almost everyone out there.

Insanely prude. Insane! Sex is the right word. Gender is the wrong word.

Sex is not a bad word. Breasts. Penis. Vagina. Also not bad words. Fuggin prudes.

Meanwhile, let's front page a story in graphic detail about putting a baby in a microwave.

Edited by Peace

At what point did you stop talking about health insurance and start talking about car insurance.

News flash: you're an idiot. Just to be clear, you're not an idiot because I disagree with you. You're an idiot because you're a self-centered ass who apparently can't can't put together a single rational thought.

That was my question. Are women statistically more lilkely to utilize health insurance. If so then yes their costs should be higer. Just as their costs for life should be lower seeing they live longer and will pay more premium into the pool over their lives. Once again this is one of the more stupid rulings I've heard in a long time.

I concur. The net result of this is that EVERYONE pays more.

Guest three3

At what point did you stop talking about health insurance and start talking about car insurance.

News flash: you're an idiot. Just to be clear, you're not an idiot because I disagree with you. You're an idiot because you're a self-centered ass who apparently can't can't put together a single rational thought.

i'm talking all insurances

Apparently the EU will next tackle the 'unfair' issue of only women getting pregnant.

i'm talking all insurances

So it's illegal to drive a car without life or health insurance?

And who says you have to drive a car?

Guest three3

Apparently the EU will next tackle the 'unfair' issue of only women getting pregnant.

So it's illegal to drive a car without life or health insurance?

And who says you have to drive a car?

it is illegal to drive a car without auto insurance. until orchard park gets some quality public transportation it looks like i am stuck behind my own wheel.

it is illegal to drive a car without auto insurance. until orchard park gets some quality public transportation it looks like i am stuck behind my own wheel.

Who says you have to live in Orchard Park? Why can't you ride a bike?

Why did you ignore the part of the question about health/life insurance?

Edited by KD in CT

Driving your own car is a choice. If you choose to drive your own car, the law places the insurance obligation on you.

It may not feel like a choice to drive because you have a job or are 3 miles from Tops but it's a choice nevertheless.

Health insurance is also a choice. Or at least it is until Motherment makes it mandatory.

Health insurance is the inverse of life. Life costs more for men, health for women. Reason being is that women are more likely to utilize healthcare than men. Companies are handling the change by making rates higher for everyone I think.

If that is true... Why do statistics say that woman die of unreported heart attacks more than men. Men have them and seem to get help... Many woman more than men are hesitent to go get help when they have HA symptoms.

Can somebody confirm this?

Hey... Next time you rip on me... Think of this guy. :lol::P

You can't put together a coherent thought and are conceptually challenged on most topics as well.

The real difference is you're the nutty uncle who everyone tolerates at Thanksgiving dinner...whereas this kuncklehead is the annoying guy standing on a street corner wearing a tinfoil hat and a hand-painted sandwich board with every other word misspelled.

Heres the reality of it in

Women have more accidents then men.

Womens claims are generally smaller in $. They backed into another car or maybe a pole.

Men have fewer claims per capita but their claims are MUCH higher in $. They totaled the car,

flipped it and took out another car at 100 mph. Men are not as responsible as women when it

comes to not doing stupid things.

There IS a difference between men and women from an actuarlial standpoint.

It would be less expensive for Men and more for Women.

If I was hitching my wagon to a practice it would be Auto Insurance

companies using credit reporting as part of your premium. AND THEY ALL

DO...INCLUDING YOURS! (at least in NYState)

it is illegal to drive a car without auto insurance.

YES VERY!

You don't even have to do anything wrong (speeding, no signal or whaterver) to get pulled over anymore.

You'll notice these cameras on the back of police cars and they are scanning licensed plates to make sure you

do have insurance or have outstanding warrents. They will go into parking lots and scan everybody there.

They can tow your car, put you in jail and fine you up the wazzo....

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, believe me, as an insurance agent I see claims all the time with

people who don't have insurance. You've got to look out for yourself. Make sure your Uninsured/Underinsured

is the same as your Liability Limits. Full Coverage (Comp and Collision) will gaurentee your car will get

fixed even if someone hits you without insurance or you come out in the morning and see someone hit your car

and took off.

Its not worth the risk in my opinion. You literally risk losing everything you own. Not saying you will, but you could.

Edited by The Tomcat

You can't put together a coherent thought and are conceptually challenged on most topics as well.

The real difference is you're the nutty uncle who everyone tolerates at Thanksgiving dinner...whereas this kuncklehead is the annoying guy standing on a street corner wearing a tinfoil hat and a hand-painted sandwich board with every other word misspelled.

:lol:

That makes you king of the nuts!

There must be a reason why I am "tolerated?" Mind giving it a crack at it.