Its not their money. Its a national resourse.

So? Because you make more you should have to pay a bigger percentage? Why is that? If I make a million and pay 10% I pay $100,000? If you make $100,000 you only pay $10,000. Fair enough to me. Equal percentage. If your saying the rich pay less percentage than I agree thats wrong. No way they should have to pay a larger one though.

When the poor and middle class gets the military to defend their global interests, the State department to shill their products,the CIA to do their industrial spying or an occasional assassination when a get a third world leader who won't take a bribe, The Homeland Security Department's customs enforcement division scouring the internet for copyright violations,then I may agree with you - the rich get special consideration and should pay something for it- or did you think any Joe Blow gets to have a 20 min Tete-a-tete with a Governor. Maybe one day the Fed will buy all my bad assets at a hundred cents on the dollar or loan me a trillion or two at zero interest, or the Government will build build me free roads so I can log federal land or pay Brazil hundreds of millions of dollars so they can continue to subsidize my cotton industry, until then @#$% off moron.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the poor and middle class gets the military to defend their global interests, the State department to shill their products,the CIA to do their industrial spying or an occasional assassination when a get a third world leader who won't take a bribe, The Homeland Security Department's customs enforcement division scouring the internet for copyright violations,then I may agree with you - the rich get special consideration and should pay something for it- or did you think any Joe Blow gets to have a 20 min Tete-a-tete with a Governor. Maybe one day the Fed will buy all my bad assets at a hundred cents on the dollar or loan me a trillion or two at zero interest, or the Government will build build me free roads so I can log federal land or pay Brazil hundreds of millions of dollars so they can continue to subsidize my cotton industry, until then @#$% off moron.

It's a modern world and I'm a modern guy. You and Dave should start a family and spare us all the chance that your DNA gets passed on.

It's a modern world and I'm a modern guy. You and Dave should start a family and spare us all the chance that your DNA gets passed on.

The rich also have an easier time screwing hotter chicks so they should be taxed on that as well...

The rich also have an easier time screwing hotter chicks so they should be taxed on that as well...

Now you're thinking - they also get a better shake from the legal system, and can get their kids into colleges that they should be academically disqualified from.

Now you're thinking - they also get a better shake from the legal system, and can get their kids into colleges that they should be academically disqualified from.

Don`t worry. It`s not like you`d be able to replace them.

The government makes the money that everyone wants, that's true. And the government can take as much back as it wants. As it is becoming more and more clear that the tax cuts for the wealthy are going to mean more poverty, crime and pollution for the rest of the nation, this opinion will be more widly shared. Get use to it

WOW. You're !@#$ing insane. Get used to hearing it. :rolleyes:

For the sake of argument lets say all this stuff is going on. Then the government and its agencies are the problem. Not the private citizens no matter how much money they earn. Hold the people granting these advantages responsible. HI lite them and get rid of them. Don't wrong the individual because the government is corrupt.

For the sake of argument lets say all this stuff is going on. Then the government and its agencies are the problem. Not the private citizens no matter how much money they earn. Hold the people granting these advantages responsible. HI lite them and get rid of them. Don't wrong the individual because the government is corrupt.

Your mind is wrong, you think of a small tax increase based on higher income as a unfair punishment, it is no more a punishment than 18-45 yr old males becoming immediately subject to draft during the start of WW2 - I picture you running around bemoaning the fact that women, children and the elderly are less burdened than you- This country has a burden of debt that must be carried, so who's backs are going to get the brunt of the weight, the path you seem to prefer would leave many crushed. Also it is not as if individuals are being singled out, this country is awash in upward and downward mobility or so at least I've been told, so we will all be subject to the higher taxes or the beneficiary of services depending where on that roller coaster of economic mobility we find ourselves.

With a nod to Martin Niemöller:

When they came for the uber-wealthy, I remained silent; I was not uber-wealthy.

When they came for the corporate executives' bonuses, I remained silent; I was not a corporate executive.

When they taxed the upper-middle class, I said nothing; I was not in the upper middle class.

When they started taxing carbon emissions, I said nothing; I did not produce enough to count (and I compost and burn wood).

When they came for the small business owners' profits, I said nothing; I did not own a small business.

When they started taxing gasoline through the wazoo, I said nothing; I own a diesel and ride a motorcycle that gets 60 mpg.

When they took away Social Security and my 401k, I said nothing; I didn't expect to live until retirement age anyway.

When they taxed my $35,000/year salary at 60 percent FICA, I squirmed a little; but I moved into a tent on the abandoned property next door.

When they took the bread out of my mouth, there was no one left to say anything in my defense.

Holy crap, nice Nazi tie-in. The uber-rich are like the Jews in Nazi Germany? Seriously? :rolleyes:

It's insulting and I think I'd be offended if I were of Jewish or even German descent.

Your mind is wrong, you think of a small tax increase based on higher income as a unfair punishment, it is no more a punishment than 18-45 yr old males becoming immediately subject to draft during the start of WW2 - I picture you running around bemoaning the fact that women, children and the elderly are less burdened than you- This country has a burden of debt that must be carried, so who's backs are going to get the brunt of the weight, the path you seem to prefer would leave many crushed. Also it is not as if individuals are being singled out, this country is awash in upward and downward mobility or so at least I've been told, so we will all be subject to the higher taxes or the beneficiary of services depending where on that roller coaster of economic mobility we find ourselves.

The government should bear the brunt by being forced to balance the budget. Top 1% pay 40%! How much more? There comes a point where its just immoral to confiscate money from individuals to redistribute. And not just the rich. Middle, lower and all in between. When the yoke of financial oppression imposed by a bloated, self serving government is removed, the women, elderly and children you speak of will benefit from a revitalized economy. One fueled by private investment and growth. Those people will never be served by a government overlord caregiver that steals money from others to apportion whenever they please. At least not in the long term

:D

You would think that word should rightly be engrained in many here seeing how they spent their whole childhood education either in that room or on that bus.

:P

You make about as much sense as the guy Jennifer Grey met in the police station in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Then and now.

Two days, two pages, 33 posts and still no spelling police... This place is going to hell-in-a-handbasket!

:D

It's like cheering at the special olympics. Just be happy that Eryn's trying.

Edited by Peace