Bills Players NOT Tendered...

Here are the players the Bills didn't make offers to: Keith Ellison, John McCargo, Ashton Youboty, Brian Brohm, Quinton Ganther and Jonathan Stupar. Brohm, Ganther and Stupar will likely be RFAs under a new CBA, according to Chris Brown.

Here are the players the Bills didn't make offers to: Keith Ellison, John McCargo, Ashton Youboty, Brian Brohm, Quinton Ganther and Jonathan Stupar. Brohm, Ganther and Stupar will likely be RFAs under a new CBA, according to Chris Brown.

We should say goodbye to all of them.

He's as good as gone, hence the reason to watch out for Peterson at #3 if he's there.

Just because we've replaced our FA losses with our top pick seemingly every year doesn't mean we should expect it out of chan/buddy. It's a terrible system to follow leaving you constantly chasing the team you used to have instead of building the team you should have.

Kiss brohm goodbye- for I believe less the 1 mill he'd have a second round tag. A bargain if chan had any faith in his future.

Ellison MIGHT be the only questionable release. McCargo and Youboty STOLE $$$$$$$$$ from the Bills

Just because we've replaced our FA losses with our top pick seemingly every year doesn't mean we should expect it out of chan/buddy. It's a terrible system to follow leaving you constantly chasing the team you used to have instead of building the team you should have.

If the pick is made solely based on them losing Florence I agree. It basically a need vs. best player available argument.

If the pick is made solely based on them losing Florence I agree. It basically a need vs. best player available argument.

I don't know that the loss of Florence equates to a need for the highest drafted corner of our day. We could probably cut every CB on the roster and our need would not intersect with Peterson at 3.

Edited by NoSaint

This.

Resign him, then draft some linemen.

The only guy on this list that disappoints me a little is Youboty. He hasn't played much over the past few seasons but he has looked pretty good when he has. If the Bills don't sign Florence, there will be a shortage in the secondary.

This.

Resign him, then draft some linemen.

Or sign a mid level FA.

Or spend a mid round pick.

Or use mckelvin if you think the light will come on.

Nothing about Florence warrants the #3 pick going to CB if he does walk. Love to keep him but... Not a key cog. Your #3 pick should be your most important player in 2-3 years. Florence isn't that. Frankly Peterson isn't that.

Edited by NoSaint

Or sign a mid level FA.

Or spend a mid round pick.

Or use mckelvin if you think the light will come on.

Nothing about Florence warrants the #3 pick going to CB if he does walk. Love to keep him but... Not a key cog. Your #3 pick should be your most important player in 2-3 years. Florence isn't that. Frankly Peterson isn't that.

It's that kind of flawed thinking which leads teams to make tragic mistakes on players like Alex Smith, Joey Harrington and Jamarcus Russell.

No pick is too high for a secondary player who can have the impact of a Revis, Ed Reed, Polamolu, Woodson.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

It's that kind of flawed thinking which leads teams to make tragic mistakes on players like Alex Smith, Joey Harrington and Jamarcus Russell.

Absolutely wrong. You have a shot to get at minimum the third most valuable player entering the league this year- if not better if 1 or 2 flub their picks. By the time he hits year three you don't think that pick should produce a cornerstone for your franchise?

On the peterson note (and I apologize for the sidetrack of the thread) I can't believe that a guy that will likely change position to safety is the BPA. He's good but a ton of his hype is the return game. We have those spots filled 4 times over.

No pick is too high for a secondary player who can have the impact of a Revis, Ed Reed, Polamolu, Woodson.

If you think Peterson is even remotely similar to those guys, then we aren't going to get far in the debate. Agree to disagree I suppose.

I would likewise take Ware, Peyton or pace before those three.

What I don't like about a statement like "Your #3 pick should be your most important player in 2-3 years", is that it tends to bias the pick to only a few positions (QB first and foremost.)

I don't agree that a) draft order should be position-biased and b) secondary (or any position) can't be one of the most important pieces of winning championships.

What I don't like about a statement like "Your #3 pick should be your most important player in 2-3 years", is that it tends to bias the pick to only a few positions (QB first and foremost.)

I don't agree that a) draft order should be position-biased and b) secondary (or any position) can't be one of the most important pieces of winning championships.

Shouldn't it have some factor? I'm nit saying a Cb can't be the best player in the draft but it would likely take a generational talent in an otherwise weak top 5.

Name your number 1 corner ever. Now name your number 10 qb. I bet I know which you'd rather have.

Frankly, arguing position doesnt matter is silly. Where do you draw the line? 43 LB? Guard? Center? TE? FB? Kickers? Obviously there is a hierarchy of value. There's a reason interior line tends to go late first round among your 3-4 ranked player at "premium" positions. Theres a reason salaries vary so widely among positions. It's much harder for a WR to impact a game then it is for a QB...

It's a slippery slope when you buy into that thinking. A mistake like #3 overall Joey Harrington at QB now commits you to paying and playing a bum for several years at the most important position on the field.

Gotta draft with blinders on, just take BPA

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack