Bills Tendered Whitner and Poz

I have the same "gut" feeling. Someone mentioned his twitter account stated it's been an exciting day and he'd announce the news later today. Let's hope it's a resigning and not a tender. I'd rather retain Wilson, under a market deal, than Whitner, under what he feels is his market.

I believe Wilson could be extended for 4 years - $16 million, with about half of that guarenteed. That's a lot less than Donte is looking for which I believe is in excess of $7 mill. a year.

I cannot imagine giving George Wilson 4 million a year! He is a converted receiver and he is a backup.

In my view, no team would pay close to that for a backup safety. I know NFL salaries are high, but I think that is an outrageous number.

I like the Poz and Whitner moves. They may not be all stars, but they are pretty solid--and young, 26 and 25 respectively. They seem like highly motivated players, hungry for a winning season. They are good leaders and solid character guys. The Bills need guys like this now, so sign 'em!

If others outplay them and take their jobs, so be it. But the Bills cannot afford to create more holes.

Edited by Mister Defense

The Bills don't plan on retaining George Wilson or they are working on a long term deal. I'm hoping it's the latter, because I think Wilson is a valuable piece to the secondary and at the worst provides quality depth. I hope he is retained.

I am as happy as you knowing it is now confirmed to have been the latter. The FO has been busy ....

Just got this text that they tendered Poz, Whitner and Chandler...

Thoughts?

Good news.

Poz is the only decent ILB we have. Chandler - at least he can block as a TE.

Whitner --- We simply need to stop replacing our draft choices. Lets come to grips with the fact that Whitner is good, not great, and hopefully he signs for a reasonable amount.

I am tired of filling the same holes in the draft. I want to see us draft DL, LB and OL. Not more DBs. Please.

It will be interesting to see what designation they gave each of these players as far as what other teams would need to give up in order to sign them. Also I am pretty sure, not positive but pretty sure that this is all dependent on the next CBA as well as to whether being tendered will even hold up or not.

Both likely got the low tender - same round drafted in. Just normal not an issue as first and second round picks get 4-5 year deals and never become RFAs. I'd assume they got the roughly 1mill tender and have 1st and 2nd round protection- should the tag (unlikely to happen) hold up.