Worst Cities for Finding a Job in 2011

erynthered

Jesus Christ WNY, you're worse than Riverside where 85% of the residents look like the after photos of Beerball's drugs don't do a body good thread. :wallbash:

Well last week they had an article that rated San Francisco the place where you get the least bang for your money in terms of real estate. We may not make alot of money here in WNY, but at least we could afford to live in decent houses, unlike where you live.

Edited by Gordio

Well last week they had an article that rated San Francisco the place where you get the least bang for your money in terms of real estate. We may not make alot of money here in WNY, but at least we could afford to live in decent houses, unlike where you live.

Guess what, we can afford to live in "decent" houses too. When you talk bang for your buck it's all relative. We also have along with those "decent" houses the some of the best restaurants in the county and just a short drive to the world's best wines.

Guess what, we can afford to live in "decent" houses too. When you talk bang for your buck it's all relative. We also have along with those "decent" houses the some of the best restaurants in the county and just a short drive to the world's best wines.

how about those taxes!

Guest three3

the interesting thing about this area is the age gap. it's mainly parents, their children and retirees. i want to see the age demographics in the future for this area: how many people between the ages of 25 and 35 will live here and if so, how few friends in that age group will they have?

how about hiring some of this age group, buffalonians, and keeping them in the region? next time you are in the area in a public space like a restaurant a stop light at a busy intersection take a look around

Edited by three3

I doubt it. They had the average household income in SF as $108M, which was definately above most cities. Buffalo which was actually listed as the 4th best place to get the best value on real estate had an average household income of $58M. However the example of the house they showed in SF was a 1,200 square foot ranch & it went for $550M. The average person in SF even making $108M annually can not even afford that.

I am not defending Buffalo's employment all I was trying to say was if you are one of the lucky ones who have a good paying job in WNY you could live better here then in a place like SF.

Always funny reading the defenders of the Buffalo employment and economy spot.

& it is always fun finding people like yourself that have moved away from WNY, have 18,000 + posts on a BUFFALO message board & find the need to trash the area every chance you get. You must feel like a big man.

Edited by Gordio

I

& it is always fun finding people like yourself that have moved away from WNY, have 18,000 + posts on a BUFFALO message board & find the need to trash the area every chance you get. You must feel like a big man.

:lol: That's funny.

I doubt it. They had the average household income in SF as $108M, which was definately above most cities. Buffalo which was actually listed as the 4th best place to get the best value on real estate had an average household income of $58M. However the example of the house they showed in SF was a 1,200 square foot ranch & it went for $550M. The average person in SF even making $108M annually can not even afford that.

I am not defending Buffalo's employment all I was trying to say was if you are one of the lucky ones who have a good paying job in WNY you could live better here then in a place like SF.

Living better is not only how much home you can afford. It also has to do with the amount of amenities the area has for entertainment and cultural activities. Also the Bay area consists of a lot more neighborhoods than SF. There is plenty of affordable housing in the. East Bay that is just a short commute to the city. Also there is the South Bay/Silicon Valley with major wealth. Which is a easy train ride to SF.

And I don't care if all I could afford was a one bed one bath shoe box (that's what I did live in when I first moved) living just a short drive to the rural wine country would make it all worthwhile.

Living better is not only how much home you can afford. It also has to do with the amount of amenities the area has for entertainment and cultural activities. Also the Bay area consists of a lot more neighborhoods than SF. There is plenty of affordable housing in the. East Bay that is just a short commute to the city. Also there is the South Bay/Silicon Valley with major wealth. Which is a easy train ride to SF.

And I don't care if all I could afford was a one bed one bath shoe box (that's what I did live in when I first moved) living just a short drive to the rural wine country would make it all worthwhile.

I hear ya. I have been to SF 2 times & it is one of my favorite cities I have been to. I am just saying, unless you have a real good job there your quality of life is probably not that great due to how expensive it is to live there.

I hear ya. I have been to SF 2 times & it is one of my favorite cities I have been to. I am just saying, unless you have a real good job there your quality of life is probably not that great due to how expensive it is to live there.

You're absolutely right. But it's that way in any area. You make less than average your quality of life is not going to be great or as good as you'd like it. And that should be the motiation to be successful and make good money so you can take advantage of everything your area has to offer. I know plenty of people in WNY whose life sucks because they don't make much money. Real good money is relative.