lets talk Bengals

SuperBills12

I hope your beloved Bills share the same overconfidence that you all do. We have scored 28 and 27 against New England and Baltimore ON THE ROAD, and some of you think that the Bengals won't score 20 against your defense at home. I want some of what you all are smoking, must be good stuff. :lol:

This game, as absurd as it might seem, depends on 'what Bledsoe' shows up on Sunday. If it´s the Bledsoe from two weeks ago, we have a very good chance, because the Cinci D will have to respect our passing game, and the OL will have an easier time to open holes for Willis.

Not, if the Bledsoe from last weekend is the one we have back there, then Cinci will beat us pretty handy. They will place eight men in the box, Willis will get stuffed most of the time, and our D will get tired.

This game, as absurd as it might seem, depends on 'what Bledsoe' shows up on Sunday. If it´s the Bledsoe from two weeks ago, we have a very good chance, because the Cinci D will have to respect our passing game, and the OL will have an easier time to open holes for Willis.

Not, if the Bledsoe from last weekend is the one we have back there, then Cinci will beat us pretty handy. They will place eight men in the box, Willis will get stuffed most of the time, and our D will get tired.

159697[/snapback]

I'm sincerely hoping Bledsoe has a '10 pass attempt day' where Buffalo runs the ball, runs it again, and then runs it again. A play action pass once in a while, then run the ball again. I want to see 50 minutes of ball control!

I hope your beloved Bills share the same overconfidence that you all do. We have scored 28 and 27 against New England and Baltimore ON THE ROAD, and some of you think that the Bengals won't score 20 against your defense at home. I want some of what you all are smoking, must be good stuff. :lol:

159695[/snapback]

The reason there is serious confidence here is the way this coaching staff has this team playing lights out the last four weeks. The Bills even pasted the Seahawks on the road a few weeks ago. The Seahawks aren't great by any strech but they are comparable to the Bengals team. Yes, the Bengals are a good team and have played very well, it's just that many here feel the Bills are the better team because of the dominating way they've been playing this last month. Personally, I'm not predicting because I don't want to mess with that superstition stuff. BTW, I don't think that the Bengal QBs will be laughing after watching the Bills/Browns game film.

Bills 24

bengals 17

159545[/snapback]

I watched the cinci-ptt game a few weeks ago....The way steelers won at

Cinci was to control the clock.....Keep their explosive Johnson's (rudi and

chad) off the field and let WM run and control the clock.....We slow down

the game, then we have a chance to win...Big ben had a very avg game,

but Bettis was able to run down their throats and they came away with

a scrappy win.

McGAYhee better have a monster day if you even expect to stay in the game. You do have a good defense, better than ours no doubt, but our offense is better than yours and just got done putting up 478 yds vs New England in New England. So let me inform you that we are by no means shaking in our boots.

McGAYhee better have a monster day if you even expect to stay in the game. You do have a good defense, better than ours no doubt, but our offense is better than yours and just got done putting up 478 yds vs New England in New England. So let me inform you that we are by no means shaking in our boots.

159824[/snapback]

Run along now.

Suck my dick yankee. Keep on telling yourself it will be an easy win !@#$. The bottom line in all of this is(I wouldn't be here if some of you didn't come to our site and act like asses) you aren't going to the playoffs and neither are we.

...the Bills will have to pick up the blitz and recognize the kind of things the Bungle defensive unit did to Roethlisberger (7 sacks) in the Pit-Cin game at Paul Brown Stadium a few weeks back.

Bungles were in that Steelers ballgame throughout. And they own a nice home win over the Bronx on MNF. That is why imho this is a dangerous game for the Bills. They have to get the jump on Cinci and take the crowd out. Can't fall into a road hole a la Dieami because this is a much better team than the DolFelons.

Bills defenders have to wipe the Cleveland game from their minds and start fresh. The Bungles aren't the Browns.

Suck my dick yankee. Keep on telling yourself it will be an easy win !@#$. The bottom line in all of this is(I wouldn't be here if some of you didn't come to our site and act like asses) you aren't going to the playoffs and neither are we.

159841[/snapback]

I didn't come to your sorry-ass site. Now do us all a favor and piss off. Sixth period should be starting right about now.

Cincy's defensive front is very tough and aggressive, but they are also inconsistent.  They do have a decent group of LBs that cover a lot of ground.  I think their secondary can be beat over the top, good news for Lee Evans.

Offensively, Rudi Johnson is running better than the beginning of the season and Chad Johnson also is having a nice finish to the season.  I don't know how healthy their O-line is (I saw C RICH Braham go down last weekend, but I don't know his status), but if we can create some pressure with our defensive front (we need Schobel and Kelsay to be very active!), we should be able to hold our own against C. Johnson, Kelley Washington, and TJ Houshmandzadeh.

159669[/snapback]

Yes, the DL shows up and disappears. The defense doesn't get anything more than so-so qb pressure, and they don't do a large amount of blitzing. I'm sure they must have done it, but Lewis et al doesn't send backfield players on a blitz with any regularity.

C Brabham has been nursing knee problems most of the season. FA pick-up Jerry Fontenot backs up all three positions. The line doesn't give up an inordinate number of sacks, and is fairly good at blitz pick-up. The qb usually gets time. Overall, a solid OL - last year, the B'gals were at the top or close to the top in time of possession. Their downfield blocking - what's that buzz word phrase this season? - "second level" - is quite good

I think CB O'Neal will play this week. The other CB, Tory James, leads the league in int's (or did), but sometimes he doesn't "show up". Rookie FS/SS/CB Madieu Williams has played well - will certainly make the All-Rookie team, but has cooled off the last 2 games.

If Kitna gets the nod, they'll play a bit different game. He's very savvy, and I'd guess that the TE spot will be utilized - Palmer due to inexperience doesn't pick them up very well, but in '03, Kitna completed 68 passes to them. There's no comparison in arm strength - Palmer's arm is superior, but he will throw the "banana ball" ala Jeff Blake from time to time. Chad Johnson is good at coming back to catch those. Pay attention, Nate.

Rudi Johnson is doing well. Primarily inside running but he spins out of tackles and gets a bunch of 2nd effort yards - he has good instincts to get to the 1st down marker. How he will do against Williams and Adams is a question mark. Back-up RB Kenny Watson has been good. Good hands, runs well enough, and is a ST plus.

B'gals do not run a lot of 3 WR sets - HC Lewis keeps 2nd year FB Jeremi Johnson in for blocking.

ST play either way has been solid in general. Not spectacular.

Placekicking and punting has been a plus.

I disagree with #1. The Bills need to get on top early and take advantage of the Bengals stuffing the line to prevent any significant ground attack being successful. Good teams exploit the opposing defense's weaknesses, not bang their head against a brick wall. "What ever it takes" should be the philosophy of the day. We now have the weapons and pass blocking to attack from the air if need be. However, with that being said, if Bengals come out in a run freindly defense then I will say pound it!

The point is to get them to not key only on McGahee if at all possible.

159689[/snapback]

Agreed - this game will be decided thru the air. It's fine to control the clock when you have the lead, but when you look at the past couple seasons there have been games where we've run the ball and just not scored enough. I really believe in Ron Jaworski's contention that points come out of the passing game.

Maybe I'm not giving enough respect to Rudi Johnson, but I think it's pretty much a given that we shut down their rushing game. However, I still think we could easily lose the game despite limiting them on the ground. The #1 key will be putting pressure on their QB.