Larry Felser's Article on the CBA

GRHater69

I remember all too well how the Bills fell apart as a team during the '82 season. You could argue that the strike shortened season, plus the USFL offering outrageous contracts to players set the team back several years.

Still someone needs to fact-check Larry a little better. The Bills had a winning record in '75 (not by much) and it was '77 & '78 where they won 5 games in 2 years.

Questionable facts aside, the point of the article is a good one. If there is a delay , abbreviation or canceled season nobody will benefit and many will lose. I think the NFL already has lightening rod image issues including player off the field behavior issues, concussions (and other health issues with players), the lack of respect from th eleague for retired players and ticket pricing that will keep the average Joe or Jane away from the stadiums. If the season is cancelled ire over these topics will only be heightened.

Link?

Edit: oops, found it.

Here: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/larry-felser/article352884.ece

I used to call Larry's show "Monday Morning Quarterback" on WBEN on occasion during the off season but when the late John Butler or AJ Smith were on this time of year leading up to the draft; I always tried to get thru. Around the mid 80's Jim Sabo one of "the lads" of Ourlads' Draft Guide was on John Murphy's sports radio talk show on WBEN touting his draft guide. There were no push button phones (that I knew of) just a rotary dial and dial I did over and over trying to get thru to order my first ever draft guide. I still have that guide and every year after somewhere in the house. Good stuff.

Edited by LancasterSteve