NYS Wrestling Championship

Helpmenow

NYS ruined their state tournament when they decided to divide the tournament up into small/large schools and have two sets of "champions". Maybe the NFL should have two Super Bowls for small and large market teams?

NYS ruined their state tournament when they decided to divide the tournament up into small/large schools and have two sets of "champions". Maybe the NFL should have two Super Bowls for small and large market teams?

Comparing high school sports to pro sports is apples and oranges debate. How is NYS's move different than divisions in college sports? I see nothing wrong with what they have done.

Comparing high school sports to pro sports is apples and oranges debate. How is NYS's move different than divisions in college sports? I see nothing wrong with what they have done.

Wrestling is both an individual sport and a team sport. When you get to states it is all individual. It is insulting for anyone to suggest that a small school kid can't beat a large school kid.

The same knuckleheads who think boys should wrestle girls are the same ones handing out state champion medals like participation trophies in kids soccer.

There should be 13 boys who stand shoulder to shoulder representing the finest NYS has to offer. Anything else is a disservice to those boys who busted their asses like no other athlete to be the best.

Did the Lackawanna kid who was undefeated except for when he forfeited to a girl (which got zero publicity) not win? Or was that a different division?

I believe he lost in the tourney.

Congrats to him! Always nice to see WNY represented well.

Especially when they beat Long Island and other downstaters.

I stand corrected a kid from Salamanca won too. If you wanna call that western NY. He won the division II section at 145.

I believe he lost in the tourney.

Especially when they beat Long Island and other downstaters.

I stand corrected a kid from Salamanca won too. If you wanna call that western NY. He won the division II section at 145.

Isn't WNY everything from Senca lake over to Buffalo?