Should we consider Jerry Gray

The last two years make a great case for best defensive coordinator! He continues to get better... which means we may lose him soon for a head coaching position somewhere.

(and no I'm not saying that the sky is falling... it is just a reality, that great coordinators get offers for head coaching positions :devil: )

Anyone else think his lack of adjustments cost the Bills Superbowl 25 vs the Giants?

159439[/snapback]

Not me. I held Kelly accountable. Despite the two down-linemen showed all game by NYG, Kelly kept trying to pass the ball. Wed should have run the ball 30-35 times between Thurm and Kenny Davis. Instead, we threw the ball. Add to that Andre Reed getting drilled (he may have been hurt a bit on that hit) and short-arming every ball thrown his way up to the last drive. That didn't help. But we just kept on throwing the ball. There's no way our I'm letting our offense off the hook for that one. Our D did their job, it should never have been close.

Not me.  I held Kelly accountable.  Despite the two down-linemen showed all game by NYG, Kelly kept trying to pass the ball.  Wed should have run the ball 30-35 times between Thurm and Kenny Davis.  Instead, we threw the ball.  Add to that Andre Reed getting drilled (he may have been hurt a bit on that hit) and short-arming every ball thrown his way up to the last drive.  That didn't help.  But we just kept on throwing the ball.  There's no way our I'm letting our offense off the hook for that one.  Our D did their job, it should never have been close.

159446[/snapback]

Despite the 13 + minute drive in the 3rd quarter by the Giants with the Bills showing a 3 man front ? Otis Anderson left, Otis Anderson right,Otis Anderson left...no adjustment at all. ARRRRRRRGGH !

You are also correct, Chris. Kelly got pass happy and Thurman should have had 10-12 more carries, minimum. Watching that early lead vanish was quite frustrating. To this day, I cannot watch the replay. The second the Norwood FG comes on, I turn my head or switch the channel.