Hey Chef Jim, got your snow shovel ready?

Just Jack

I really think the meteorologists around here get bored. When there is a remote chance of snow they predict it. Not even close to snowing today as of 6am the temps are in the 50s. And im inland from SF.

The cold front has not come in yet. They're predicting snow down to 500 feet. Twin Peaks is about 900 feet so they could see snow. And they're not predicting it they're saying there is a chance of snow flurries. No one is saying it WILL snow.

Never said it was going to be tropical. When its in the 50s where ever you are do you start thinking snow?

Last week (I think it was last week) in WNY it was in the 50's and then the next day it was in the 20's with snow. Weather does change you know.

And BTW on the way to work this morning it was raining like crazy. Hardest I've seen in rain out here in a long time. And of course I misplaced my umbrella. :wallbash:

Edited by Chef Jim

When they predict snow on the west coast it's never comes. They were predicting up to 5 inches of snow here yesterday. We received an inch. All the schools closed for the day for the "possibility" of 2 more inches of snow. Never happened and the snow was gone by 10am. :rolleyes:

When they predict snow on the west coast it's never comes. They were predicting up to 5 inches of snow here yesterday. We received an inch. All the schools closed for the day for the "possibility" of 2 more inches of snow. Never happened and the snow was gone by 10am. :rolleyes:

:lol: That sounds like a Va Beach forecast and government reaction! Last year they cancelled school for snow that never came and on the snowmake up day it snowed! :doh:

I'm in the East SF bay also, about 10 miles south of Dante. There is a better chance of us getting snow than Chef Jim. We are at about 300-350 feet and in a valley. Could snow here overnight. Last time the whole SF Bay area got snow was in 1976 with San Jose getting 2 inches.

Last Saturday, there was snow on the top of Mt. Diablo (3800 feet) which is right near Dante and in Sunol, which is south of me (2800 feet). It lasted until Tuesday.

The ridge I can see from home is about two miles away and tops out at 1000 feet. It gets a dusting every couple years. Once I was driving on the interstate over it and it was snowing up there (none stuck that time).

Listening on the radio, Sacramento got hail and two funnel clouds this afternoon.

It's 44 degrees at 3:30 PM and is only going to get colder. We do get frost some mornings in the winter. Lakre Tahoe is getting 2-4 feet this weekend. Actually it's good. San Francisco gets it drinking water from the Sierras.

Edited by Wacka

Let SF have a snow day. Everybody can make snow fairies :devil:

:lol:

Here in San Jose it does snow in the surrounding hills every year. As of now, it's been a mostly rainy day, but the cold front has not arrived yet. Even if the snow does not reach sea level, the snowfall on Mount Hamilton & Mount Umunhum could be big.

It's 44 degrees at 3:30 PM and is only going to get colder. We do get frost some mornings in the winter. Lakre Tahoe is getting 2-4 feet this weekend. Actually it's good. San Francisco gets it drinking water from the Sierras.

Then we piss it out and ship it to LA. :devil:

The cold front has not come in yet. They're predicting snow down to 500 feet. Twin Peaks is about 900 feet so they could see snow. And they're not predicting it they're saying there is a chance of snow flurries. No one is saying it WILL snow.

Last week (I think it was last week) in WNY it was in the 50's and then the next day it was in the 20's with snow. Weather does change you know.

And BTW on the way to work this morning it was raining like crazy. Hardest I've seen in rain out here in a long time. And of course I misplaced my umbrella. :wallbash:

An upside down plastic trash can works well as a replacement unbrella for me.

An upside down plastic trash can works well as a replacement unbrella for me.

I looked all through my car yesterday morning after I pulled into the office and for the life of me couldn't find one. ;)

BTW, 6:00am 39 degrees and no clouds. So...no snow. At least here in the city.

friend of mine in burlingame saw some snow warlier today/this am...not sure how far or close that is to you.

I looked all through my car yesterday morning after I pulled into the office and for the life of me couldn't find one. ;)

BTW, 6:00am 39 degrees and no clouds. So...no snow. At least here in the city.