Do you consider solitary confinement for 27 years

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

What she said.

The smallest minds simply end the discussion with a 'No' when backed into a corner. I think that was the rest of the quote.

Like I said, nowhere to go from there so I'm not even sure why you're still posting in this thread.

Edited by Gene Frenkle

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The smallest minds simply end the discussion with a 'No' when backed into a corner. I think that was the rest of the quote.

Like I said, nowhere to go from there so I'm not even sure why you're still posting in this thread.

Ah yes...that was the rest of the quote. Brilliantly played. Gene.

Edited by Marauder24

Why would anyone want to remove him from the environment that encouraged him to develop such artistic talents....? Seems to me he has found his niche....and it only cost society one human life.

I know you're making a joke, but this isn't really about what anyone wants.

I know you're making a joke, but this isn't really about what anyone wants.

I know about everyone has chimed in and what are they basing their viewpoints on here? Has anyone here been to prison? If so, been to solitary confinement? Psych Watch? AdSeg? What about just simply checking in?

It seems a little unfair to have an opinion about it until you have been there.

I know about everyone has chimed in and what are they basing their viewpoints on here? Has anyone here been to prison? If so, been to solitary confinement? Psych Watch? AdSeg? What about just simply checking in?

Do tours of Alcatraz count or are you going to hold our feet tot he fire and make us do hard time before we express an opinion? :unsure:

In that case, I might keep quiet.

Good thing the threads not about capital punishment...

If the death penalty is not cruel and unusual punishment I find it hard to believe that this is because I would imagine had he preferred death it could have been arranged. And even if the state wouldn't do it, I'm sure with that much time on his hands he could find a way to 86 himself if he felt so inclined.

I'm curious what the Frenklesque alternative would be. Presumably it would be to return him to the prison population, which begs the question, how many people do you get to kill before you are removed from said population?

No mercy, none.

The victim was not spared any.

Fry and die.

Its funny the left tries to show empethy all they way up till its their family. I've seen/heard it many times.

How incredibly ironic that you can't even spell empathy. :rolleyes:

It's not about empathy or making you feel good. It's about upholding the Constitution.

If the death penalty is not cruel and unusual punishment I find it hard to believe that this is because I would imagine had he preferred death it could have been arranged. And even if the state wouldn't do it, I'm sure with that much time on his hands he could find a way to 86 himself if he felt so inclined.

I'm curious what the Frenklesque alternative would be. Presumably it would be to return him to the prison population, which begs the question, how many people do you get to kill before you are removed from said population?

Well, if he kills himself then he goes straight to Hell, so that's obviously out.

Yes, the death penalty is not cruel and unusual IMO. It's much less of a burden on the taxpayers as well. Violent criminals should not be coddled, but their inalienable rights should be upheld. I know that's just a Frenklesque bleeding-heart libitard concept.

It seems to me that many of you are only interested in upholding the Constitution when it's convenient.

Yes, the death penalty is not cruel and unusual IMO. It's much less of a burden on the taxpayers as well. Violent criminals should not be coddled, but their inalienable rights should be upheld. I know that's just a Frenklesque bleeding-heart libitard concept.

It seems to me that many of you are only interested in upholding the Constitution when it's convenient.

It ain't unusual, for sure. Cruel...depends on how it's done.

Fine, tape player.

Though I don't know what's wrong with an MP3 player. CDs I can understand...

A pretty decent weapon can be made out of a tape cassette, and a handy garrote, with plenty of tape left over to create a trip line ambush to boot. Basically, a cassette in jail, closed in spaces where nobody looks down, is murder in a box. Flat out deadly weapons can be made with CDs. Never mind, you can pass hidden info with both of these formats.

Can't do schit with an MP3 player if you only allow it to d/l music and you control the ISP...so yeah, WTF is this about? :blink:

Well, if he kills himself then he goes straight to Hell, so that's obviously out.

I must have struck a nerve. I was genuinely curious what your alternative is. I don't find this to be cruel and unusual punishment, thus negating your idea of selective constitutional application, but you do. Therefore, I am curious how you think this should be handled, which you have yet to explain.

I recall when Jusin Volpe got thirty years in the state pen for the Abner Luima assault and the mindless were screaming "that isnt punishment enough!!!!!"

YOU go sit in solitary (becuase hes a cop, he wont be in gen pop) for thirty !@#$ing years. Nooooot exactly a weekend at Disney.

I recall when Jusin Volpe got thirty years in the state pen for the Abner Luima assault and the mindless were screaming "that isnt punishment enough!!!!!"

YOU go sit in solitary (becuase hes a cop, he wont be in gen pop) for thirty !@#$ing years. Nooooot exactly a weekend at Disney.

I'd say he got what he deserved.

On Aug. 9, 1997, more than three years into Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani’s first term, a 30-year-old Haitian immigrant named Abner Louima was arrested and brutalized by a white police officer inside the restroom of the 70th Precinct station house in Brooklyn. The attack became a national symbol of police brutality and fed perceptions that white police officers in New York were harassing or abusing young black men as part of a citywide crackdown on crime.

One officer, Justin A. Volpe, admitted in court in May 1999 that he had rammed a broken broomstick into Mr. Louima’s rectum, and then had thrust it in his face. He said he had mistakenly believed that Mr. Louima had punched him in the head during a street brawl outside a nightclub, but he acknowledged that he had also intended to humiliate the handcuffed immigrant. He left the force and was later sentenced to 30 years in prison. The commanders of the 70th Precinct were replaced within days of the assault.

I'd say he got what he deserved.

No question about it, for the assault and the damage he did to the NYPD's rep (and all the ammo he gave the cop-hating left wing). But RK's point is valid; I don't recall Jim or Gene get all broken up about Volpe's perdicament.

No question about it, for the assault and the damage he did to the NYPD's rep (and all the ammo he gave the cop-hating left wing). But RK's point is valid; I don't recall Jim or Gene get all broken up about Volpe's perdicament.

Gotcha. I misunderstood RK's post.

Oh, he DEFINTIELY got what was coming to him, Volpe did. Im more trying to illustrate how people when all in a righteous rage dont stop to think what these punishments really entail.

See above. sorry.